Knicks, worst pick and roll defense in the NBA vs Thunder 8PM 3/7/13

Rob Low

Rotation player
I was on a 2 game win streak with game threads. Should've let me make the thread. This loss is on Metro as far as i'm concerned.

bigapple

Starter
worst finisher by JR best teams passing to the paint for fast dunk or fast drive into paint +1 7 secs is enought time for such game plan.

Kiyaman

Legend
this was a tough loss, but we should be more encouraged with the defensive effort than anything else. the biggest thing i take out of this game is kenyon martin's play. he was physical and aggressive. i also think the team followed his lead on defense there. kenyon could be a very important piece down the stretch.

Aiite .. Great Knicks Game
The one point loss was dissapointing ....
but the Knicks 30 minutes of "TEAM-DEFENSE" took me back to the exciting 18-5 start
:beer:
Did I expect the Knicks to win? NO!
Did I expect the Knicks to play 30 minutes of hard team-defense? Hell-NO!
Did I expect our defense level to get 12 turn-overs out of Durant & Westbrook? Hell-NO!
Did we play at the same level as the OKC Thunders? u damn right we did, our defense was equal, but our offense in the final minutes went back to the Melo way of doing things. It's o.k we know now, it need a strategic change.

Originally Posted by erivera
they got back to back stops on westbrook and durant down the stretch.

The back to back STOPS on Durant/Westbrook is what we called, "Knicks basketball" back in the daze of Reed/Debush/Phil Jax/Clyde and Ewing/Oak/Mason/Starks .. Defense is the best offense.
Stat's defense made up for his poor FG% and low scoring, I will take that kind of performance from Stat for the rest of the season.
And K-Mart 6 foul Defense on Durant gets MVP!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great :gony: Game
Win-sum lose-sum

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Smith went cold in the 4th and still he got to take the final shot? That last possession was poor as ****. Thank you coach Woodson.

Kiyaman

Legend
Felton will be our weakness in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Knicks32
You guys are way too critical of Felton. I thought he played well.

Man I think so too.To be honest im more worried about Jr and Melo hurting us in the playoffs.

:2cents:
The trio lineup "Melo, JR, Felton" has been our BIGGEST problem on offense & defense this season, without Kidd on the roster the trio woul be a .350 record disgrace. Why?
The trio dont work together on offense to add more than 3-ball shooting & individual Iso-plays.
The trio dont comunicate at all on the defensive-end making their defensive-effort subject to be challenge each game.
The trio is lead by Melo on the court .. not coach Woodson.
In the 2nd qtr. we watch Woodson tell JR to take the ball inside to score, which JR followed orders to score 18 points in the 2nd qtr. .. now the 3rd n 4th qtr. JR got carried away forcing up 3-ball shots when he hit two straight. What was funny about it was as soon as Felton pass the ball to JR, Felton would back peddle back to the defensive-end while JR were dribbling the ball. LOL!
We watch JR force-up way to many shots in this game, and hold the ball way to long down the stretch, when all we needed from JR down the stretch were to pass the ball back n forth to Felton giving Tyson & Stat enough time to setup a low-post move for inside scoring to draw the foul. Doing that would be called "Team-Ball" something we havnt pratice yet this season...

jimkcchief88

All Star
MELO-ISO would have won last night's game.....A nice 1-4 Iso set with Melo one-one would have gotten us an easy layup instead of wild fade-away....Thats the difference between a scorer(JR) and a CLOSER(MELO) Don't be Hatin:)

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
MELO-ISO would have won last night's game.....A nice 1-4 Iso set with Melo one-one would have gotten us an easy layup instead of wild fade-away....Thats the difference between a scorer(JR) and a CLOSER(MELO) Don't be Hatin:)

Durant would have guarded Melo....would not have been so simple.

Kiyaman

Legend

u forgot to mention with Melo we would be down by 22 at the end of the 1st quarter LOL