Amar'e to miss 6 WEEKS

erivera

Benchwarmer
i wonder if people are going to keep criticizing woodson's usage of him over the past couple of weeks. he was trying to save him and still he's out. this sucks.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Amar'e should officially retire, so we can wipe his loaded contract off the books. I really hoped he'd turn his luck around this season and I gotta admit I was happy with what I saw from him. But now that he's out for another six weeks... he's pretty much useless and knowing the Knicks medical staff it could possibly turn out to be more of a 8-10 weeks rehab and even if Amare recovers within the initially scheduled window of six weeks, he'd come back rusty while we'll be already fighting in the playoffs.

Red

TYPE-A
This has nothing to do with his minutes limit which was prescribed for his left knee; this was his right knee. The issue I have is that they could have done both had they MRI'd both.

We'll go on a run with K-Mart.

I jumped back on the Amare bandwagon as hard as anyone recently, but this is a really discouraging sign. For the first time, I'm starting to think about Amare as a guy we're stuck with for another season and a half, who then becomes a huge expiring contract in '14-15.

knicksin60

Starter
Why is anyone surprised by this? In the past few years Amar'e has reminded me of Eddy Curry 2.0 with more athleticism, a better diet and work ethic. The fact that he was able to play more than a month without injuring himself is the greatest miracle since the Hudson River airplane incident. The guy has always been as fragile as a light bulb. I wouldn't doubt that if Herb Williams were to suit up and play he could last longer than Amar'e.

The only person that deserves the blame for such a tragedy is Donnie Walsh. He was another GM in the long list of Knicks front office executives that was outsmarted by the other front office executives of the NBA. There are people that still praise him because he somehow put the Knicks under the salary cap but these people ignore the fact that he hired one of the worst coaches in the NBA, drafted Jordan Hill, traded Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford out of desperation, sent draft picks to Houston for Tracy Mcgrady, traded away David Lee for nothing and worst of all signed Amar'e Stoudemire to a contract that I doubt any team would have even given him.

This is the reality that we have to live with. Amar'e is going to be a man who will average between 15-30 games a season for the rest of his career. His career started falling apart before the Knicks signed him but many people didn't see this because all they wanted was for the Knicks to bring in a guy who would make them relevant.

I always understood that one of the dumbest moves that an NBA franchise could ever make is for them to sign a player that has a history of major injuries to a long term contract. When the Knicks gave Allan Houston his lucrative contract I thought I couldn't possibly see anything more ridiculous in my lifetime until Isiah Thomas broke the bank for Eddy Curry, even then I believed that the Knicks were struck by lightning twice until Donnie Walsh proved my hypothesis wrong in the summer of 2010.

The only option that I believe the Knicks have with Amar'e is the same option that they had with Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries when they had about two years remaining on their contracts back in 2009. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be a very attractive expiring contract for many teams before the start of the 2014-15 campaign. By then, the Knicks have to look to get younger. The culture of overpaying players with injuries and trading for guys that are at the very end of their careers needs to come to an end. I believe that the chances of the Knicks becoming a better team in a couple of years through replacing everyone on their current roster minus Chandler, Melo and Shumpert are 50/50. Only time will tell though!

Last edited:

Rob Low

Rotation player
You gotta feel bad for Amare man, he was playing great. Hopefully he retires after the season so we can make a run at CP3 and Milsap.

tiger0330

Legend
Good new and bad news. Good news it's a right knee debridement not ACL or micro fracture surgery so it's not career ending. Bad news, the last time they said 6 weeks it turned out to be 8 and it took 10 games for him to round back into shape so I doubt he's back for the playoffs.

Too bad, he just played his most dominant game against the Thunder.