Amar'e to miss 6 WEEKS

paris401

Starter
no one should compare amare to that fat-fuk-wide-load-lazy-fuk...eddie curry... amare is one hard workin dude...sad he has these bad knees... bad now... when he is 50....

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I hope he does retire, if he comes back and does this again for a waste of a season, it would definitely hurt the team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Im disappointed for Amare but happy for our team. Amare's team defense is still just barely passable. I liked watching this team without him and Melo at the four. The team has a better identity without him.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
The only justification for signing Amare in the first plase was as a lure for LeBron. It did not work. We are stuck with him for two more seasons beyond this one. The contract is not insured. Although an expiring contract has value, it does not have value unless the buying team has longer contracts to "unload." We will get no value and Amare is not going to "retire" with two more years at about $25M each. There could well be a medical exception for a form of amnesty in the CBA. Perhaps if his injuries end his career before the end of his contract, though the Knicks have to pay him, it will not count against the cap. Didn't we do something like that with Alan Houston?

Kiyaman

Legend
This Shiiiii dont make sense

Dum-Dum Donnie Walsh signed Stat because no top name Star were going to sign with the Knick's idiot GM, having a no-defense (DNP) headcoach who best contribution is as an assistant coach.

Stat only signed with the Knicks for the $$$ 5 year $100M contract. YES? or NO?

I dont believe any media news concerning Dolan's Knicks $100M players Stat & Melo.
We all should know the "Oil & Water" pair made their point in two embarrassing postseason series the past two seasons.
Before the season we all knew the answer to the question .. could Melo & Stat play together?
Coach Woody was given 3 PG, an experience backup center .. Woody couldve gave Stat & Melo two different lineups in the rotation. Forcing Stat & Melo to play together was idiocy, especially after the two refuse to workout together during the offseason (workout their difference).

Wargames

Starter
I jumped back on the Amare bandwagon as hard as anyone recently, but this is a really discouraging sign. For the first time, I'm starting to think about Amare as a guy we're stuck with for another season and a half, who then becomes a huge expiring contract in '14-15.

It is what it is. Amare was looking good but him becoming injured again after only a few weeks really hass to makes it apparent to me that he is at that part of his career where his body is just not capable of playing at that level for long like Brandon Roy. The good news is Amare is a a season and a half (maybe 2) from being an expiring that the knicks could either trade for a better player or simply let expire.

I don't think the knicks can expect him back in time for the playoffs and even if he does come back. It basically took him over a month to get back up to NBA production so yeah. With that said right now the knicks got to focus on keep the second seed if they want to go to the ECF. I See them meet Indiana in the second round and having a home game schedule will be crucial to their success.

New New York

Quiet Storm
So here's what we ought to do...just shelf him for the season...he is not slated back to return until the 1st weekend of the playoffs...he'll play rusty at the worst possible time...look heading into the playoffs we need to have complete team chemistry and trying to incorporate a major piece into the mix at that point will be disastrous for us (or any team).

Plus he'll be back on an even tighter minutes restriction and again the playoffs is the wrong time to be worried about that sort of thing...let him rehab six weeks from now until next October...throw him in some Summer League games for game speed action!

next season we'll need him to perform well for us but beyond that he'll just be an expiring contract!

I like Amare and am a big fan so I mean no disrespect but that's what it is at this point...he'll likely not be a Knick beyond his deal (unless he signs for minimum) and Grunwald may ship him Draft night 2014 for an equally as bad an expiring deal, ala Q-Rich for Darko in 2009.

So really all we need is one more good season out of Stat which is why I think we just sit him and get him ready for next year and hopefully the time off will allow him to be able to play more than 30 minutes per next season. Rush him back too soon and he's in and out of the lineup for the 3rd straight season!!!

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Amar'e should officially retire, so we can wipe his loaded contract off the books. I really hoped he'd turn his luck around this season and I gotta admit I was happy with what I saw from him. But now that he's out for another six weeks... he's pretty much useless and knowing the Knicks medical staff it could possibly turn out to be more of a 8-10 weeks rehab and even if Amare recovers within the initially scheduled window of six weeks, he'd come back rusty while we'll be already fighting in the playoffs.
Good luck with that. He knew his knees were shot that's why he signed with the Knicks because they were willing to give him the worthless 5th year and the Suns were not. He's taking home that extra $20M in '14-15 (on top of 20M next year) come hell or high water

nyk_nyk

All Star
Call me crazy but I think we might be better of with Kmart going into the playoffs. I'd gladly trade Amare's 16-18 points for 10 points along with intense defense and more rebounding. Amare was very efficient off the bench but his consistent lack of rebounding and stopping ability just offset that.

Kiyaman

Legend
Call me crazy but I think we might be better of with Kmart going into the playoffs. I'd gladly trade Amare's 16-18 points for 10 points along with intense defense and more rebounding. Amare was very efficient off the bench but his consistent lack of rebounding and stopping ability just offset that.

O.K. CRAZZZY ....
u dont remember Max contract $120M injury-prone Kenyon Martin on the Denver Nuggets for 6 years, always to injured to suit up for the postseason games, untill Billups became a Denver Nugget, then K-Mart average 34 minutes with Billups in 16 postseason games, where I guy name Trevor Ariza put it on Melo in the WCF in 6 games in 2008-9.

Kenyon Martin first season in Denver 2004-5, K-Mart publically called out coach Karl and Melo's lazyness on the defensive-end. There's more, after Denver got swept in the first round in 2007-8, Camby called out Melo's lazyness, and got traded 2 months later to the Clippers for a 2nd round pick.
Didnt anyone witness what Knicks player got injured in the "Honeynut Cheerios" game? the same injured player who came back the same week Stat came back hoping the two could come off the bench together to backup Tyson & Melo. The same Player owner Dolan personally traded to Denver with our first round pick b/c he didnt show up to one of Dolan's fund rasiers in the offseason? YES Camby!!!

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Man what a friggin blow this is ...... sucks, especially because Stoudemire was really coming on and looking good.

Brings me back to when they used the amnesty clause on Billups when he was in the final year of his deal instead of considering to use it on STAT. Im glad we got Chandler, but always seconded guessed using it on Billups when we had a huge contract tied up in a guy with bad knees in STAT.

This fkn sucks!!!

Sent from my LG-P999

Kiyaman

Legend
Why is anyone surprised by this? In the past few years Amar'e has reminded me of Eddy Curry 2.0 with more athleticism, a better diet and work ethic. The fact that he was able to play more than a month without injuring himself is the greatest miracle since the Hudson River airplane incident. The guy has always been as fragile as a light bulb. I wouldn't doubt that if Herb Williams were to suit up and play he could last longer than Amar'e.

The only person that deserves the blame for such a tragedy is Donnie Walsh. He was another GM in the long list of Knicks front office executives that was outsmarted by the other front office executives of the NBA. There are people that still praise him because he somehow put the Knicks under the salary cap but these people ignore the fact that he hired one of the worst coaches in the NBA, drafted Jordan Hill, traded Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford out of desperation, sent draft picks to Houston for Tracy Mcgrady, traded away David Lee for nothing and worst of all signed Amar'e Stoudemire to a contract that I doubt any team would have even given him.

This is the reality that we have to live with. Amar'e is going to be a man who will average between 15-30 games a season for the rest of his career. His career started falling apart before the Knicks signed him but many people didn't see this because all they wanted was for the Knicks to bring in a guy who would make them relevant.

I always understood that one of the dumbest moves that an NBA franchise could ever make is for them to sign a player that has a history of major injuries to a long term contract. When the Knicks gave Allan Houston his lucrative contract I thought I couldn't possibly see anything more ridiculous in my lifetime until Isiah Thomas broke the bank for Eddy Curry, even then I believed that the Knicks were struck by lightning twice until Donnie Walsh proved my hypothesis wrong in the summer of 2010.

The only option that I believe the Knicks have with Amar'e is the same option that they had with Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries when they had about two years remaining on their contracts back in 2009. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be a very attractive expiring contract for many teams before the start of the 2014-15 campaign. By then, the Knicks have to look to get younger. The culture of overpaying players with injuries and trading for guys that are at the very end of their careers needs to come to an end. I believe that the chances of the Knicks becoming a better team in a couple of years through replacing everyone on their current roster minus Chandler, Melo and Shumpert are 50/50. Only time will tell though!

What this should remind u is .. (uptempo PG-Steve Nash) F/C Amare Stoudemire are acting the sameway as (uptempo PG-Jason Kidd) F/C Kenyon Martin acted when he became teammates with Carmelo Anthony style of walking the ball on every offensive possession.

Amare & K-Mart were injury-prone players their first 3 seasons with Melo .... both Amare & K-Mart had great success with defensive SF with great passing-skills in Shawn Marion & Richard Jefferson.

Denver Nuggets fans are laughing right now ....

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
amundson signed with the bulls. pretty weird how quiet it was, but i saw him in a bulls uniform.

....and yes the Knicks fell asleep on this one as well. With his expiring 10 dayer, Amundson's agent was busy at work and got him a remainder of the year deal with the Hornets........