What happened..

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I'd also would like to know what happened here, the best conclusion i have is that some jerk who probably has no life hacked the forum, deleted my account and set himself as an administrator.
Unfortunately, when i've tried to reinstall my username, i lost the all data from the past month so all the posts were lost. Don't worry, nothing bad will happen to the site, measures were taken and in case this kid will delete the database or the forum or the site or whatever access he has, he'll get in big trouble. i hope he covered good his tracks, for his best.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Yea, this was pretty wierd. This is a fan site, people should leave it alone. Did anyone else get a PM from this guy? He sent me one, my advice would be to delete it immediately.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i think he's account was deleted and his ip banned. what did he said?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
well, if he's planning to attack, he'll do it today. i hope the measures i've taken will keep him away for a long time

tlo450

Rookie
Hey teslawlo, what happened to the allknicks forum? It says its been hacked and you can thank this site for giving the hacker the link or somethin

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
OMG!!!!! wtf rady you better give me details about this, who did it, etc... I don't EVEN Know what the last backup of the forum was..... WTF

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
tlo, thanks for your concern....
I got some help from erdrron's forums, the mysql database itself isn't harmed, the people there are saying if I get a fresh install of the forrum and insert the data again everything should be fine.... I will try it out tomorrow after getting more opinions...

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
another update, I've most likely lost all of my forum posts except for 49 of them in a private, useless forum.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
tlo450 said:
you can thank this site for giving the hacker the link or somethin
This site is not responsible for what other users post. Please read the disclaimer.

teslawlo, the guy who hacked my forum had an norvegian IP, his username was lock and his email is [email protected]
i sent him an email yesterday and this is what he said:
I TRIED TO BE NICE TO YOU, AND I DIDNT EVEN TOUCH YOUR SITE, ALL I
WANTED WAS AN APOLOGY FOR ONE PERSON DELETING MY SITE AND TELLING MY
MEMBERS TO GO TO URS, WELL NOW ITS ON BITCH, UR FORUMS GETTIN IT HARD

if you can restore your board, i suggest you upgrade to 2.0.11, i'm really sorry for what happened to you.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
the forums were just upgreded to 2.0.11 this will surely keep hackers away

rady

Administrator
Staff member
teslawlo said:
well, i'm really frustated to the fact that my last backup of the forum was in late august 2004... sigh.
if you need any help restoring the database, i'll be glad to help you. are you still an admin on your forum? you need to put that guy out

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
rady said:
teslawlo said:
well, i'm really frustated to the fact that my last backup of the forum was in late august 2004... sigh.
if you need any help restoring the database, i'll be glad to help you. are you still an admin on your forum? you need to put that guy out
yeah I might need help but I'll ask a close friend if he can do it first so I might not have to bother you ;) I'm still admin, the guys at erdrron helped me out and cleaned up things a little bit

rady

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, you get great help from erdrron, i don't know what i would have done w/o his help.
just don't forget to upgrade the board to 2.0.11 and i think you'll have to break the database into several pieces so you can restore it easier