Game Thread: NY Knicks @ Denver Nuggets 03/13/13 10:30

metrocard

Legend
Woodson sounds depressed as hell and defeated inside as a man. It's over folks...when a coach sounds defeated; theres no ambition or discipline to win the whole thing. We'll make the playoffs and get embarrassed. Waste of a season.

Number3

Benchwarmer
woodson always wants to play jr smith.. he kills us and deepens the wounds with his shot selections.. hes so damn hard headed... no wonder why nuggets didnt want him

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I like how White actually gets off to a good start, at least offensively, and still disappears the rest of the game. Prigioni gets the same treatment again. What a joke.

skisloper

Starter
the point i'm trying to make is that a new coach isn't going to fix this team. why do you think the offense changed all of a sudden? guys on this roster were not shooting and scoring at the pace they were before. if we had guys who could consistently get the job done and stay healthy i'm sure things would be different.

don't tell me about stat or copeland. if he could stay healthy for a season i can understand bringing him up. also copeland has to get better defensively to stay on the court or score at a ridiculous rate.

During the first half of the Nuggets game you watch as Felton our PG brings the ball down and the knicks just pass around the perimeter for what and why I do not know.........This is ok with Woodson ?

Then JR brings the ball down dribbles for 10 seconds then shoots ...this is ok with Woodson ?

We got to the foul line 4 times in the first half because nobody is driving ...this is ok with Woodson ?

All starts with the coach........I would start Prigioni and bench Felton.....We need a PG to run the team,,,,

Not saying Prig is the answer but we know whats not working.....and if its NOT working its Woodsons job to fix it...

Reactions: pat

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Why where Nuggets fans booing Melo? They should be thankful because of him requesting the trade they are a contender right now.

Kiyaman

Legend
During the first half of the Nuggets game you watch as Felton our PG brings the ball down and the knicks just pass around the perimeter for what and why I do not know.........This is ok with Woodson ?

Then JR brings the ball down dribbles for 10 seconds then shoots ...this is ok with Woodson ?

We got to the foul line 4 times in the first half because nobody is driving ...this is ok with Woodson ?

All starts with the coach........I would start Prigioni and bench Felton.....We need a PG to run the team,,,,

Not saying Prig is the answer but we know whats not working.....and if its NOT working its Woodsons job to fix it...

u dont get it .... we are 6-4 in our last 10 games .. when u play the blame-game make sure u point-out the right man. How dysfunctional were Melo's last 3 games???

Winning-players win games by taking advantage of every oportunity of their oposition. what u seen in the Knicks last two games are fed-up Knicks players who are tired with all the Knicks organization propaganda .. the winning attitude has left the Knicks lockerroom.

We all seen it coming in Cleveland, when the Cavs took a early 22 point lead in the 2nd quarter vs a 15 minute Carmelo Anthony on the court .. WTF 15 minutes out of 17 minutes into the game WTF. This was not the first time Melo has been getting these long big minutes in the first half (20 or more minutes) of games, its been practically every game since Amare returned. Melo long minutes in the first half let the majority of our oponents outscore us in the first half of the game.
Do u think Melo teammates (old-heads) had enough of this bullshiiii? Yes they did, 22 points worth in 17 minutes into the game. they prove it when Melo went out with injury not to return, the Knicks winning players overcame the 22 point lead to win the game. Big-Big bragging-rights were given to Amare Stoudemire in the lockerroom after the game .. Amare must have over did his bragging (or performance) to become another statistic like Felton, injured for the next 6 weeks. WTF!

Last night we watch a uptempo Nuggets transition where Nuggets players were landing in the stands or hitting the floor hard from making fastbreak layups or some some wild crazy dunks, did we push the ball when a Nuggets player was down or getting up from landing in the stands to take advantage of the 5 on 4 situation on offense every time this happen? NO we didnt! we dribble the ball untill that Denver player got back to set up on defense. This made a Tyson Chandler very upset everytime this happen, Tyson would run down court to post up down low to never receive the ball on a 5 on 4 (does this remind u of Amare lol).

Lets go back to the next game after the Knicks big rally of coming back from a 22 point lead on the Cavs to win without Melo, which the (Dolan) media never mention in their article of the game.
We played winning basketball to beat the Utah Jazz by 29 points, plus we held a 20 point lead throughout 3 quarters (a winning-player Novak toook a layup LOL), we did this without Melo or Amare in the game.
Did u read how the media covered the Knicks 29 point win over the Utah Jazz?
"The Knicks beat the Jazz in MSG, but will be without Amare for the next 6 weeks. The Knicks will be going on a west coast road trip, and their superstar Carmelo Anthony knee is still questionable to play vs GS.".
How do u think the Knicks players felt about that article?

Well, the Knicks players showed how they felt about the article in Melo's return for the GS game (29 point loss),
and the Denver game (23 point loss).
How dysfunctional were Melo's last 3 games???

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Knick's early season success led many of us to believe that we have a winner but over the long haul, this geriatric team was never going to go anywhere. I am not even blaming Woodson because I don't know if any other coach would've done any better with this roster.

tbh, did anyone actually expect Knicks to win last night's game in Denver?