Its over knicks fans!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I hate to type this but this season is over for us and the Knicks.All the blame does'nt go to one player,players or coach.The blame goes on the whole team.This team is pathitic and got way to much credit from the media and us the fans.This team is a disgrace to NBA basketball b/c you cannot win when your offense runs threw two players mello and smith.They're 13 other players on this team that is on this team also.I don't want to hear nothing about those 13 players sucking b/c they did'nt in the first two months of the season did they?No they did'nt and you know why this team looked like world beaters in those first two months? b/c they played TEAM BALL.

Then all of a sudden they start playing like they are now like crap? They quit playing team ball,quit hustling and quit playing defense.One team just can't play like world beaters then turn around and look like the worst team in the league.I think alot of egos got way to big and they went back to their old ways and played and coached like they did before.The way they played and coached before did'nt win them nothing and thats exactly what they are going to get this year NOTHING.This team is a joke and this team has no heart.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
I hate to type this but this season is over for us and the Knicks.All the blame does'nt go to one player,players or coach.The blame goes on the whole team.This team is pathitic and got way to much credit from the media and us the fans.This team is a disgrace to NBA basketball b/c you cannot win when your offense runs threw two players mello and smith.They're 13 other players on this team that is on this team also.I don't want to hear nothing about those 13 players sucking b/c they did'nt in the first two months of the season did they?No they did'nt and you know why this team looked like world beaters in those first two months? b/c they played TEAM BALL.

Then all of a sudden they start playing like they are now like crap? They quit playing team ball,quit hustling and quit playing defense.One team just can't play like world beaters then turn around and look like the worst team in the league.I think alot of egos got way to big and they went back to their old ways and played and coached like they did before.The way they played and coached before did'nt win them nothing and thats exactly what they are going to get this year NOTHING.This team is a joke and this team has no heart.

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I hate Woodson's decisions, but they don't look like they are playing with heart as you said. How is this team in second place in the East?

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I hate Woodson's decisions, but they don't look like they are playing with heart as you said. How is this team in second place in the East?

RJ they won't be in 2nd for long b/c they all have quit.Me watching the way the quit it really makes me mad!! All they done was tease us by starting off playing great tto get all of the knicks fans hopes up THEN QUIT.They quit on eachother, they quit on us and they don't believe in themselfs.I don't know about you but I don't want those kind of players/coachs on my team.It won't happen but I want them all gone b/c they have no busisness in a Knick uniform.I amd TIRED of losing every year and I found out these past few months we will never win with this team.You can bring in any coach even the best coach to ny and they still would'nt win anything.This team is worthless and im talking about EVERY PLAYER.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
You have to blame Woodson and the medical staff.

Nope woodson does'nt deserve all the blame and can't blame the medical staff b/c these players were playing this way before the injury bug hit.He deserves alot of blame but so does this worthless bunch of players.

metrocard

Legend
Nope woodson does'nt deserve all the blame and can't blame the medical staff b/c these players were playing this way before the injury bug hit.He deserves alot of blame but so does this worthless bunch of players.

Woodson isn't a leader and he seems to not establish a tough atmosphere in the locker room. Atlanta is a much better squad without Woodson. Woodson is a players coach, but in a bad way.

Our medical staff has been the worst in the NBA the least 20 years. Players come to New York and never get healthier. They go to other teams and they play at 100%.

Theres something wrong.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Woodson isn't a leader and he seems to not establish a tough atmosphere in the locker room. Atlanta is a much better squad without Woodson. Woodson is a players coach, but in a bad way.

Our medical staff has been the worst in the NBA the least 20 years. Players come to New York and never get healthier. They go to other teams and they play at 100%.

Theres something wrong.

I see what you are saying and I wish the knicks front office would clean house and get rid of all the coachs except for herb,medical staff and exspecially ALOT of players.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Which Knicks do you keep?

As of right now to be honest I would keep Chandler,Shump,felton,Copeland,Prig,Stoudemire.

The only way I keep Mello if he would play team ball like he done for the first two months but if not then he would be gone with Jr smith

metrocard

Legend
I'd keep Melo, Chandler, Martin, Shumpert, Prigoni, Thomas and Kidd.

Replace everyone else with speed demons and guys who can jump out the gym and play defense.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
It`s so depressing to see what is now happening. What happened to the coach and team that started the season. Remember them? Lock down defense, moving the ball, playing fantastic team basketball. All of that is gone, and to be fair, it has been gone for some time.

I had high hopes for Woodson. This is probably my fault as Woodson came from an Atlanta team which played iso ball. But as the season has gone on Woodson has looked more and more like a clueless coach. He sells himself on being a defense first coach but the warning signs were there for all to see when he dropped Brewer from the starting five and then from the rotation all together. Brewer did slump in form admittedly but he was dropped because he was missing his three point shots. That is not the action of a defense first coach. You drop a top class NBA defender because of a shooting slump? Pathetic. Then we traded him away for a second round pick from Oklahoma which essentially adds up to nothing.

Woodsons refusal to use the bench players that he has at his disposal is pathetic too. Tyson, Raymond, Melo often playing in the late 30 minute mark and on many occasions playing 40 minutes a game. His treatment of Prigioni and Copeland is particularly bizarre. Pablo plays brilliant defense and a hustle game. Okay, I know that he has been hesitant to shoot but Woodson is supposed to be a defense first coach so Pablos tiny minutes and DNPs are ridiculous. Copeland has shown that he is a good scorer. Not just a good scorer but a very versatile one too. He can hit the three, drive at the basket, draw fouls and post up. Exactly the kind of scorer we need to make our offense less predictable. His defense is not that good but given that Woodson dumped Brewer, doesn`t play Prigioni and has other players in the rotation getting heavy minutes despite not playing defense, not playing Copeland because his D is bad doesn`t make sense. And, who would you rather have on the court; Copland or Novak. Copelands defense is not great but Novaks defense is completely non existant. I`m sick of seeing Novak with his arms flapping about like a fish out of water as his opponent just walks past him. If Novak doens`t hit his threes then he is a completely redundant player. We might as well just have four players on the court. Once again, Novaks heavy minutes belie the claims that Woodson is a defense first coach. Copeland can score in many ways, novak only has the three point shot. Put a defender in his face and there`s nothing that Novak can do. Copeland can beat defenders and score in many ways.

Injuries have been a major problem of course. Camby and Wallace have been a big miss for us. But even when Camby has been healthy he has just not played. Or, he has played for about 2 minutes in one quarter before sitting down to never be seen again. woodsons starting line up is a mess. White starts, plays a few minutes in the first quarter then joins Camby on the bench for the rest of the game. Why start a player if you are going to bench him and not play him again? It clearly states that Woodson has no faith in him as a player. So, again, why start him. Shump at the three and `Melo at the four means that we have two of our most important players playing out of position.

Woodsons offense is completely non existent. His theory is simply give the ball to `Melo or JR and let them shoot. I don`t see any plays or sets being run. It`s just the players making it up as they go along. Remember at the start of the season how deadly Felton and Chandler were with Chandler rolling to the basket to be found by Felton with the alley oop or an easy lay up for Chandler. It was one of the reasons why we were carving teams apart. Well, where has that gone? We only see it once or twice now. We must have become the easiest team in the NBA to defend against. All our opponents have to do is double team `Melo and not worry about the other players on the court. It`s simple : `Melo gets the ball and the other four players stand still waiting for him to shoot. Or, JR gets the ball and the other four players stand still waiting for him to shoot. It`s simple and its pathetic and that is completely down to the coach.

And now onto Carmelo Anthony. When the trade was made for `Melo which involved half of our team being sent to the Nuggets many of us here were worried that we had got the worst of the deal. I`m not a `Melo hater. He is a fantastic scorer of the ball but that is simply not enough to be a consistent winner in the modern NBA. At the start of the season he was doing everything. Scoring, defending, rebounding, hustling and making his team and his team mates better players. Incidentally don`t confuse the number of assists that a player has as an indication of if he is moving the ball or not. Ball movement isn`t just about the pass that leads to a score for an assist. Ball movement is about moving the ball around the court to create the opportunity for that final pass to lead to a score. I say that because supporters of `Melo will say that he is moving the ball because his assists are up. Now we are seeing the real Carmelo Anthony, not the fake `Melo we witnessed at the start of the season when he was caring and sharing. we are seeing the same `Melo that the Nuggest coach wasn`t unhappy to lose. Think about that. `Melo was the Nuggest bes player by far but the coach wasn`t too bothered about losing him. That`s because a good coach knows that a selfish player does more harm to his team, long term, than good. Running into double teams when team mates are open. Taking stupid forced shots and not giving any effort to defend. He was bought here to make Dolan money not too be the cornerstone and building block of a championship winning team and I`m afraid that this team will be his team until his contract or his career is finished.

There are so many other terrible things about this team but I feel I have written enough and to be honest this pack of overpaid overhyped flops doesn`t deserve anymore of my time. Thank you for reading this and lets hope that somebody can turn this mess around. Woodson certainly isn`t competent enough to do that.

bigapple

Starter
this team need PG like Parker foe now this team dont have any elite PG. Felton is playing awful. Even JB on ESPN says sme thing again dribblin dribblimn and bad shot.

Red

TYPE-A
It`s so depressing to see what is now happening. What happened to the coach and team that started the season. Remember them? Lock down defense, moving the ball, playing fantastic team basketball. All of that is gone, and to be fair, it has been gone for some time.

I had high hopes for Woodson. This is probably my fault as Woodson came from an Atlanta team which played iso ball. But as the season has gone on Woodson has looked more and more like a clueless coach. He sells himself on being a defense first coach but the warning signs were there for all to see when he dropped Brewer from the starting five and then from the rotation all together. Brewer did slump in form admittedly but he was dropped because he was missing his three point shots. That is not the action of a defense first coach. You drop a top class NBA defender because of a shooting slump? Pathetic. Then we traded him away for a second round pick from Oklahoma which essentially adds up to nothing.

Woodsons refusal to use the bench players that he has at his disposal is pathetic too. Tyson, Raymond, Melo often playing in the late 30 minute mark and on many occasions playing 40 minutes a game. His treatment of Prigioni and Copeland is particularly bizarre. Pablo plays brilliant defense and a hustle game. Okay, I know that he has been hesitant to shoot but Woodson is supposed to be a defense first coach so Pablos tiny minutes and DNPs are ridiculous. Copeland has shown that he is a good scorer. Not just a good scorer but a very versatile one too. He can hit the three, drive at the basket, draw fouls and post up. Exactly the kind of scorer we need to make our offense less predictable. His defense is not that good but given that Woodson dumped Brewer, doesn`t play Prigioni and has other players in the rotation getting heavy minutes despite not playing defense, not playing Copeland because his D is bad doesn`t make sense. And, who would you rather have on the court; Copland or Novak. Copelands defense is not great but Novaks defense is completely non existant. I`m sick of seeing Novak with his arms flapping about like a fish out of water as his opponent just walks past him. If Novak doens`t hit his threes then he is a completely redundant player. We might as well just have four players on the court. Once again, Novaks heavy minutes belie the claims that Woodson is a defense first coach. Copeland can score in many ways, novak only has the three point shot. Put a defender in his face and there`s nothing that Novak can do. Copeland can beat defenders and score in many ways.

Injuries have been a major problem of course. Camby and Wallace have been a big miss for us. But even when Camby has been healthy he has just not played. Or, he has played for about 2 minutes in one quarter before sitting down to never be seen again. woodsons starting line up is a mess. White starts, plays a few minutes in the first quarter then joins Camby on the bench for the rest of the game. Why start a player if you are going to bench him and not play him again? It clearly states that Woodson has no faith in him as a player. So, again, why start him. Shump at the three and `Melo at the four means that we have two of our most important players playing out of position.

Woodsons offense is completely non existent. His theory is simply give the ball to `Melo or JR and let them shoot. I don`t see any plays or sets being run. It`s just the players making it up as they go along. Remember at the start of the season how deadly Felton and Chandler were with Chandler rolling to the basket to be found by Felton with the alley oop or an easy lay up for Chandler. It was one of the reasons why we were carving teams apart. Well, where has that gone? We only see it once or twice now. We must have become the easiest team in the NBA to defend against. All our opponents have to do is double team `Melo and not worry about the other players on the court. It`s simple : `Melo gets the ball and the other four players stand still waiting for him to shoot. Or, JR gets the ball and the other four players stand still waiting for him to shoot. It`s simple and its pathetic and that is completely down to the coach.

And now onto Carmelo Anthony. When the trade was made for `Melo which involved half of our team being sent to the Nuggets many of us here were worried that we had got the worst of the deal. I`m not a `Melo hater. He is a fantastic scorer of the ball but that is simply not enough to be a consistent winner in the modern NBA. At the start of the season he was doing everything. Scoring, defending, rebounding, hustling and making his team and his team mates better players. Incidentally don`t confuse the number of assists that a player has as an indication of if he is moving the ball or not. Ball movement isn`t just about the pass that leads to a score for an assist. Ball movement is about moving the ball around the court to create the opportunity for that final pass to lead to a score. I say that because supporters of `Melo will say that he is moving the ball because his assists are up. Now we are seeing the real Carmelo Anthony, not the fake `Melo we witnessed at the start of the season when he was caring and sharing. we are seeing the same `Melo that the Nuggest coach wasn`t unhappy to lose. Think about that. `Melo was the Nuggest bes player by far but the coach wasn`t too bothered about losing him. That`s because a good coach knows that a selfish player does more harm to his team, long term, than good. Running into double teams when team mates are open. Taking stupid forced shots and not giving any effort to defend. He was bought here to make Dolan money not too be the cornerstone and building block of a championship winning team and I`m afraid that this team will be his team until his contract or his career is finished.

There are so many other terrible things about this team but I feel I have written enough and to be honest this pack of overpaid overhyped flops doesn`t deserve anymore of my time. Thank you for reading this and lets hope that somebody can turn this mess around. Woodson certainly isn`t competent enough to do that.

This!

Exactly what I was saying... It (the defensive "slippage") began when coach decided to bench Brewer due to his shooting slump... that was indication #1. Also how we the fans had to beg coach to play Sheed. Then when Sheed did get minutes he brouht exactly what we fans said we needed (defense, iq, rebounding)

And everything was falling into place. Kidd had a role which should have been monitored and altered to preserve him. But coaches actions said he valued 3 point shooting and small line-ups more than he let on. Sound familiar?

Preach on brother.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm now starting to think Woodson's coaching capacity will only allow him to produce a "middle of the pack" team over a full season. Notice how we are starting to resemble his former ATL Hawks. Not horrible but not really great either... just good enough to compete. His strong talk at the beginning of the season has fallen off and it seems the players have tuned him out to a degree. I don't understand his love for Melo at the PF spot for this long. The guy made his name in this league playing SF, so I don't get it. Novak SHOULD NOT be a rotation player but yet he his and his defense has got to be the worst in the league. Way too many jumpshots and I'm starting to think Felton isn't happy with the way the offense is run. Woodson allows everyone to bring the ball up court and do whatever. IMO this takes Felton out the game and we need him to be locked in. We have the lowest points/assist ratio in the league!! No ball movement and a coach who isn't adjusting during the game.

I had a really bad feeling last night when I saw the look on Woodson's face as the team was getting anal raped. He is now a clueless coach and when he gets back to the Garden it will be fire and brimstone if he doesn't get these guys back on track. This is NYC... we don't care nothing about your feeling bro.

LeFlume

All Star
Naah come on guys. It's too early to jump ship. We're still very much a float and we're just one game behind Indiana for the second spot in the East. In the light of the new pope. Have some faith fellas :gony:

mafra

Legend
If the knicks are a first round exit then Woodson has to go

For what it's worth: DENVER is 100-57 since they traded 'Melo.

As far back as Feb., I had the feeling that the Knicks could either go to the FINALS or be swept in the first round. That thinking still remains the same. If Knicks end up facing Nets, Celtics or Bulls in the first round (which will most likely happen), who here is confident we advance to the second round?

Still, let's not all jump ship just yet. Let's not forget for you long we wished just to have a top-4 team in the conference. This season has always been about 2 things: Carmelo and the 3-point shot. Throw out everything else... JR's shot selection, playing Priggs & Copeland more, the coach... All of that is just background noise.

The Knicks will get healthier ('Melo will be better come May; Shumpert will be rounding into form; Felton feeling better)... It all boils down to IF the 3s are falling in round one. If the Knicks are hot, and shots are falling... they'l beat whoever they face. IF this happens, and they survive the first round... Then game is on.

Maybe Wallace & Ama're return. Maybe they get Indiana or maybe they get Miami. Either way, if they have a series under their belt, if they are pufed up with the confidence that comes with that, if Melo is able to handle the load in the 4th quarter, and we are draining are 3s... We'll get to a game 6... and then anything is possible.

I seriously doubt we beat MIAMI or advance to the NBA FInals. Even if we win a series, or even 2, I doubt our three-point shot keeps falling for a month.

The point is... there's always hope. Let's put aside our "dream" to attain the #2 seed. Who cares about seeding now? Just be a top-4 team. Get homecourt in round 1. Get healthier and be ready for playoffs. After all, come playoff time.. you know the effort on defense will be there. We will play a more team-orientated, share-the-ball type of game... The bright lights will be on... Then, if we beat Nets, Bulls or Celtics... Who knows what happens?

jimkcchief88

All Star
You really have to love fickle NY KNICK so-called fans....This thread starter-hater cried and cried" we don't need Melo; he hurts the team; he's selfish; we should't have made the trade...." blah, blah, blah. Guess what???? You jinxed the team and MELO is back in NY getting his knee drained. YOU GOT YOUR WISH, NOW SHUT-UP AND WATCH!!!! You guys asked for less Melo and deeper rotations...You got your wish....MELO has to get healthy for the playoffs...So your gonna get all the Copeland/Prigs/Camby/Thomas/K-Mart that you wanted because Melo/STAT/CHANDLER are out. So just SHUT-UP and enjoy what you asked for. The next 3 games are on national tv for all of us out market fans that can't or won't shell out for the league pass. Once we get top the playoffs, all bets are off and everyone starts with the same record. All we need is a ticket to the dance and we still sitting pretty:)