Knicks scouting Delonte West

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
"James White, Pablo Prigioni and Kurt Thomas would be among the candidates to be waived to make room for West, should the Knicks choose to sign him."

How the hell would Prigioni and Kurt Thomas be one of the ones waived?

Anyway, as far as Delonte West goes, I like his game. He's versatile and is good on both sides of the floor.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
There`s no way that the rumour that Prigioni gets waived can be true. They want to waive the back up point guard who defends, hustles, steals and passes really well???

Surely not even Dolans Knicks can be that stupid . . . . . . . . . . . . Can they?

metrocard

Legend
There`s no way that the rumour that Prigioni gets waived can be true. They want to waive the back up point guard who defends, hustles, steals and passes really well???

Surely not even Dolans Knicks can be that stupid . . . . . . . . . . . . Can they?

If they do, then we can mark it down as one of the worst all time waivers. Prigioni has been a huge part of the bench and has been denied by Woodson to play a bigger role.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
If they do then I might find it very hard to watch this club for the rest of the season. It would be absolutely pathetic and I`m not sure that I have the patience to keep wasting my time supporting a sports team that constantly makes bad decisions that harms their chances of winning.

Wargames

Starter
In my mind its white. Just look at his PER and the PER of the people he defends against. Anyhow the Knicks should go for delonte if he has anything left even if he is rusty. They seriously lack 2 way players overall and come playoff time he could play backup pg allowing woodson to rest prigoni and Kidd.

Even more than that of they decide to keep him with say a 1 year contract that means they can focus exclusively on drafting a 3/4 instead of having to pick between that or another PG for insurance.

tiger0330

Legend
If they have to waive all three of those guys they're overpaying West. I doubt any team is going to give him anymore than the vet's min to sign.

Rob Low

Rotation player
The hell? He really can't play in the playoffs? Then this is pointless, might as well keep someone that can play in the playoffs

CA7

Scoring Champ
Mar 1 was the deadline so he wouldn't be eligible for the playoffs. but they could sign him for the rst of the regular season.

he would be eligible since he was cut/waived or whatever the hell reason he's not a team now before March 1

for example, if we waive KT to sign him and he signs with the Spurs he wont be able to play in the playoffs because he was waived after March 1

tiger0330

Legend
he would be eligible since he was cut/waived or whatever the hell reason he's not a team now before March 1

for example, if we waive KT to sign him and he signs with the Spurs he wont be able to play in the playoffs because he was waived after March 1
You're right, player's waived after Mar. 1 are not eligible for the playoffs. I thought the rule was players signed after Mar 1 are not eligible for the playoffs.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
All these injuries are making this signing closer and closer to realization.

What will Mr. West bring to the table for our Knicks' improvement?

Can he defend? can he penetrate the basket effectively?

Kiyaman

Legend
We look unstable for two selfish reasons ..........

Delonte West!!! On no, say it aint so..:boohoo:

:agreed:
Delonte whoooo?
Sorrry .. inconsistency we already have in JR.smith.

I rather, we take our chance with the raw rookie performance of White.
The clarity of White's performance has showed great improvement throughout the season on both ends.

Woodson need to stop playing around with the rotation by putting both "Melo & JR" in both the 1st-unit and the 2nd-unit lineups. We are not the old boring Denver Nuggets.
We need a 7 minute lineup on the court that does not feature Melo & JR in that lineup .. our team look a mess with these two selfish scorers in every lineup...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
:agreed:
Delonte whoooo?
Sorrry .. inconsistency we already have in JR.smith.

I rather, we take our chance with the raw rookie performance of White.
The clarity of White's performance has showed great improvement throughout the season on both ends.

Woodson need to stop playing around with the rotation by putting both "Melo & JR" in both the 1st-unit and the 2nd-unit lineups. We are not the old boring Denver Nuggets.
We need a 7 minute lineup on the court that does not feature Melo & JR in that lineup .. our team look a mess with these two selfish scorers in every lineup...

Wow, james white over delonte west. He's like 10 times a better player then white who shouldn't even be in the league.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow, james white over delonte west. He's like 10 times a better player then white who shouldn't even be in the league.

u right, Delonte West have a load more of NBA experience than James White, but so did Ronnie Brewer.
We have a large load of experience throughout our roster .. we need young athletic role-players that are HUNGRY like James White .. we dont need a injury-prone Delonte West who only hunger is debating with reffs.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
u right, Delonte West have a load more of NBA experience than James White, but so did Ronnie Brewer.
We have a large load of experience throughout our roster .. we need young athletic role-players that are HUNGRY like James White .. we dont need a injury-prone Delonte West who only hunger is debating with reffs.

James white is not young. Ronnie brewer should have been kept over james white. Delonte west is a legit ball player who can guard those point guards that bake felton. He can also shoot the 3 and go to the hole. White doesn't even look like he belongs out there and he doesn't. Him playing is a joke