Shumpert might be the Knicks' best player in the near future

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Aside from his defense picking up again after that injury, his offense has picked up as well. He doesn't jack up threes, if the defender closes in on him he drives. If he's on the fast break, he controls himself such as stopping and popping instead of barreling over a defender and committing an offensive foul.

I don't know if we'll see it in the post-season this year, but next season if his health is where it needs to be, he's gonna be crazy.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
You`re right. Shump has really improved over the last four or five games. I think that we all expected far too much from him when he came back from his injury. It takes a long time to get over an ACL. Not just physically but mentally also. Some people have been attacking him for his poor play but those critics were far too harsh.

He is beginning to get back to the way he finished last season. his defence has been outstanding lately and his offence has been improving steadily. What I really like is that his decision making has improved so much. Last season and for some of this he has looked out of control sometimes. He seems to have slowed himself down and looks to be more measured and much more composed.

metrocard

Legend
I was hoping he would be molded into a Dwayne Wade type, but his finishing ability and ball handling isn't on that A type level, more like a B-

heres to hoping Shumpert becomes a Sprewell light. I don't know where his ceiling is because the injury set everything back a year. We will see.

bigapple

Starter
but he cant be alone he need company like Heat team 80% scoring is mostly their trio that Shumpet need proper company to show his skills. For now he is playing with JR which is terrific 4-23 Felton and his passing is terrible.

And i saw that some players dont wana play with Novak thats sad it means in this team trust gone.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He can be a good player. Maybe a just below All-Star level like a Gallo. He needs to continue to be healthy and work hard on his shooting.

Although Gallo will prob be an All-Star next year if he stays healthy. He's only 24.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Shump has definitely taken a step back. We can rightfully attribute it to the injury but if he doesn't regain quickness or a reliable jumper then he's destined to be a career bench player.

I watch him now and its very difficult for him to even drive past his defender or finish in traffic. He needs to work on his handle this offseason. An example would be Harden... he's not fast at all but his handle allows him to get places on the court with ease.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks-Fans opinion?

Iman Shumpert early return -vs- Derek Rose season of rehabilitation

Derek Rose 82 game rehabilitation after ACL surgery has the oportunity to throw a wrench into the Eastern Conference postseason games by being available, after having the proper time to heal and strengthen the repair of the injury.

Iman Shumpert played in the Knicks final 45 games of the 2012-13 season, averaging 22 minutes per game.
The majority of Knicks fans felt Shump's return was to early, after watching Shumps first 10 games back.
Shump just wasnt the Shump of lastseason .. although Shump did show a great improvement as a combo-guard from his rookie season, coach Woodson had Shump perform at the SF spot, which alot of NBA SF made Shump look like a rookie again.
:2cents:
I have to agree with the majority of Knicks-fans that Shumps return was to early, plus I have to agree with Derek Rose refusal to return without the proper time to heal, plus the proper time to build stronger muscle tissue through exercise, weight-training without putting any strain on the repair.
I watch a small bit of Rose work-out on April 12th, and it look ten times better/stronger than Rose workout in February.