Emergency game thread:Knicks/Clips

jimkcchief88

All Star
C'mon y'all it's the Sunday Showcase and our Knicks are off to a great start:). Stop listening to these donut negative posters and get behind this squad. Melo, Chandler, Stat: out. Copeland, Kmart, Kurt Thomas:in. Old school in effect. My pick to click is Shump. Need a big game Go Knicks!!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Just got home, how are the Knicks doing? Woody just praised their defense so far

What are you supposed to do without your 3 star players on the road against one of the top teams in the NBA? Hope for the best I suppose. Let's go Knicks!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Hahahaha Kidd hollering for the ball, doesn't get it and instead JR forces a bad shot. Woodson has lost all control. Don't care if we're missing 2 key players, you still need to play smart basketball.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the Starbury days everyone agreed the Knicks were a mediocre team, one playoff appearance, and a sweep by the nets. There were certain hopes but we never climbed to be an elite team. I guess it's depressing to see a team go from title contender to delusional in just a couple of months.

Well at least the Clippers suck tonight and they don't make look us look so bad.. Any other day, this would have been a massacre

jimkcchief88

All Star
Back in the Starbury days everyone agreed the Knicks were a mediocre team, one playoff appearance, and a sweep by the nets. There were certain hopes but we never climbed to be an elite team. I guess it's depressing to see a team go from title contender to delusional in just a couple of months.

Well at least the Clippers suck tonight and they don't make look us look so bad.. Any other day, this would have been a massacre

Shoot not everybody agreed:( remember the dark days: The "Starbury Wars" and hope it never gets that bad again.

Honestly, given what we brought to the table tonight, that was about as well as you could reasonably expect our guys to do. Too many offensively limited players in our rotation now and JR Smith, who is possibly the most brutal player in the league to watch when he is off (which is pretty friggin often), expected to pick up the slack for Melo.

Our lead over the Nets is going to be completely gone in the next day or so, so we just need to hope Melo and Chandler come back ready to go soon, so at the very least we still have a shot at the division.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Woodson appears to have completely lost this team. I don`t know if its his bad coaching or a case of the players just ignoring him but something has to be done.

Two point guards on the court and JR Smith keeps bringing the ball up court to dribble standing still and brick it.

skisloper

Starter
Woodson appears to have completely lost this team. I don`t know if its his bad coaching or a case of the players just ignoring him but something has to be done.

Two point guards on the court and JR Smith keeps bringing the ball up court to dribble standing still and brick it.

Not just bringing the ball up but looks totally annoyed when he is not bringing up the ball...
It like JR and Woodson are butt buddies.

metrocard

Legend

It's really hurting us as a team and discourging players from playing with a winning/warrior attitude. If JR is our leader, then reckless behavior will spread throughout the court, turnovers, bad shot attempts.

I really like JR, but he hasn't grown up in terms of game style from his sophmore season.

It's simple mathematics, JR Smith is your primary scorer you will be at a disadvantage against most in the NBA. We need to have default scoring options and work like the Spurs by moving the ball and using a lot of screens/pick and roll play.

Knicks are so bad running a simple pick and roll, if they can't do that play right what offense play can they do at all?

Woodson sucks all around. Knicks play without a gameplan.

They get by simply by talent, skill, and when they want effort(thank you Kenyon Martin/Kurt Thomas)