Kurt Thomas out with broken foot

tiger0330

Legend
Kurt Thomas out with foot injury. Knicks estimate 2-4 weeks but Isola thinks it might be career ending. Man the injury curse strikes the Knicks again.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Melo, Chandler, STAT, Sheed and now KT... Cambyman and K-Mart are our only bigmen right now and considering their age and/or injury history they can get sidelined at any given moment. This sucks.

tiger0330

Legend
Is Woody even going to play Camby starters minutes even with only two bigs on the roster or KMart for that matter given his lack of conditioning. I would say you have to cut someone and bring someone in, I know Amundson got picked up by the Hornets after the Bulls let him go but Josh Harrelson is out there.

bigapple

Starter
imagine this knicks have just Pablo Felton Kidd K-mart Novak Copelan Camby Shumpert JR as only activate players.Thats just 9 players.Never thinking that oldest team in NBA can be in this situation teen games before playoffs.

Red

TYPE-A
The Garden's Antiquated Floor

Injuries...all season summed up in one word.

Maybe it's the Garden floor?:shrug:

I wonder if anyone has mentioned or inquired about this.

There was a similar issue with turf at certain football stadiums; guy's kept getting hurt.

And yes they only play half of their games there, but that's enough considering practice etc...

Think about all the Knick knee injuries we've witnessed such as Barron Davis and Shump from last year. Shump although in MIA, his injury from a minor jump or cut to Davis non-contact related blowout.

I'm curious to know if someone has questioned this.

My next theory is the sneakers. Perhaps putting on a new pair (not broken in) every game has an effect? And I agree the medical staff needs an assessment.

The bottom line is this no longer seems to be a coincidence. 3 bigs on limited time all with foot injuries. WTF?

Melo hurt knee... STAT hurt knee...

I'm sure you have more to add to that list from years past that I can't recall (besides Houston).

metrocard

Legend
^ That's actually something really interesting to think about.

I've been to a lot of basketball games, played on different basketball courts and worked with D1 athletes all over the MAAC divison.
For example, Manhattan College's gym aka Draddy Gym has a really nice hardwork to play on, almost feels like rubber and really easy to pivot and play on the balls of your feet. The gym at Albany, not so much. You can feel the difference with other gyms.

Maybe theres a research out there that shows which court the most injuries occur at.

Knicks and Portland got to be on top of the list.

Kiyaman

Legend
^ That's actually something really interesting to think about.

I've been to a lot of basketball games, played on different basketball courts and worked with D1 athletes all over the MAAC divison.
For example, Manhattan College's gym aka Draddy Gym has a really nice hardwork to play on, almost feels like rubber and really easy to pivot and play on the balls of your feet. The gym at Albany, not so much. You can feel the difference with other gyms.

Maybe theres a research out there that shows which court the most injuries occur at.

Knicks and Portland got to be on top of the list.

MSG have to be number #1 .. the ice under the hardwood stay at a cold temperture

Kiyaman

Legend
Played best game of season with a broken foot!!!!

Platnium Man Badge!!!!

Yeah! Big-Props to Kurt Thomas, making a STATEMENT by playing 27 minutes on an injured-foot vs Utah
The highest minute Woody gave Kurt this season.
The oldest guy on the team (age 40) is the only guy who didnt pull a injury-absent-card in 65 games ..
what does that say about an injury-plague team???