Carmelo is as good as Durant

Durant coming up w a beast performance w out Westbrook. That dude is incredible offensively.

Except one of the biggest arguments of Melo's greatness is how "clutch" he is, always rising to the occasion, always finishing, the MENTALITY of a winner.

Let me take Mr. Rono post one step further. And this ain't no reflex post, so book this **** into Wikpedia bc it'll be true tomorrow, next year, and next decade.

You can't duck and weave the truth for long. To be honest, I feel Melo is like Ricky Hatton. And Melo/NYK fans are like good n honest Hatton fans who just craved a winner and champ, but got seduced by the power scoring, i mean punching.....

I won't even say who KD is. But lemme say this.

KD WOULD NEVER **** THE BED LIKE MELO JUST DID. NEVER.

You will never see Durant, CP3, Lebron...**** a bed quite like Melo did.

It ain't just that Melo shot enough bricks to rebuild MSG -- shooters can have off nights, right?

But that's right, that's kind of what Melo is at end of day, a shooter, a scorer. Glenn Robs 2.0 with some sweeter talent.

And yet it isn't even that Melo bricked up a mansion. It's how he did it.

Out of control. Selfish. Inability to MENTALLY rise to the occasion, and have Superstar Perspective and adjust...in a playoff game.

WoodSon **** the bed about as well as a coach could, too. But we all know Woodson + Melo are iso diehards to the grave.

When Knicks spread offense and shot 3s at record pace and level (sup, D'antoni) the Knicks soared, put on season's biggest winning streaks.

3s don't fall and/or Melo does Melo, and you we know the results (last night being but one little example).

I do feel for true NYK fans (and I sure a lot of Melo's biggest believers are) who have been seduced yet again, in the wake of Isiah Thomas carnage.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Except one of the biggest arguments of Melo's greatness is how "clutch" he is, always rising to the occasion, always finishing, the MENTALITY of a winner.

Let me take Mr. Rono post one step further. And this ain't no reflex post, so book this **** into Wikpedia bc it'll be true tomorrow, next year, and next decade.

You can't duck and weave the truth for long. To be honest, I feel Melo is like Ricky Hatton. And Melo/NYK fans are like good n honest Hatton fans who just craved a winner and champ, but got seduced by the power scoring, i mean punching.....

It ain't just that Melo shot enough bricks to rebuild MSG -- shooters can have off nights, right?

But that's right, that's kind of what Melo is at end of day, a shooter, a scorer. Glenn Robs 2.0 with some sweeter talent.

Out of control. Selfish. Inability to MENTALLY rise to the occasion, and have Superstar Perspective and adjust...in a playoff game.

WoodSon **** the bed about as well as a coach could, too. But we all know Woodson + Melo are iso diehards to the grave.

When Knicks spread offense and shot 3s at record pace and level (sup, D'antoni) the Knicks soared, put on season's biggest winning streaks.

3s don't fall and/or Melo does Melo, and you we know the results (last night being but one little example).

I do feel for true NYK fans (and I sure a lot of Melo's biggest believers are) who have been seduced yet again, in the wake of Isiah Thomas carnage.

Damn. Melo's track record in the playoffs is not great, but I need to see a bit more from him in a Knick uni before I go as hard as the above. I hear you tho.

Probably the biggest thing that separates Melo and Durant offensively is Durants ability to get to the rim and finish, and to do damage in transition. Melo simply is not in Durant's class in these departments. Against high level defense where Melo is the only option, he has to work harder for his shots. Durant can transcend high level defense with his skills handling the ball and his overall speed and height. He also has the high IQ to get the ball to the right place when he doesn't have a good look. Melo took a bevy of bad shots when he would have been better off trusting his teammates and moving the basketball.

I'm not gonna call him Glenn Rob 2.0. He's alot more gifted than Big Dog. It's also a little bit of an adjustment not having your second scoring option, but Durant seemed to have adjusted fine to not having Westbrook. I cannot say the same for Melo.

metrocard

Legend
Thunder Thighs, you dont know sh*t about boxing by comparing Melo to Hatton.

Melo is more like Arturo Gatti and Durant is like Zab Judah.

Melo has heart, takes beatings but still fights through it all.

Durant doesn't have heart like Kobe or Melo, he flops and avoids contact, and his shot selection is too cautious where it has made Russell Westbrook the alpha male of OKC. Kevin Durant's passiveness failed OKC in the Finals, stop sucking off his FG% it's highly inflated.

metrocard

Legend
Damn. Melo's track record in the playoffs is not great, but I need to see a bit more from him in a Knick uni before I go as hard as the above. I hear you tho.

Probably the biggest thing that separates Melo and Durant offensively is Durants ability to get to the rim and finish, and to do damage in transition. Melo simply is not in Durant's class in these departments. Against high level defense where Melo is the only option, he has to work harder for his shots. Durant can transcend high level defense with his skills handling the ball and his overall speed and height. He also has the high IQ to get the ball to the right place when he doesn't have a good look. Melo took a bevy of bad shots when he would have been better off trusting his teammates and moving the basketball.

I'm not gonna call him Glenn Rob 2.0. He's alot more gifted than Big Dog. It's also a little bit of an adjustment not having your second scoring option, but Durant seemed to have adjusted fine to not having Westbrook. I cannot say the same for Melo.

Melo doesn't play with Russell, jackass.
He has Raymond Felton, C level PG.

metrocard

Legend
Rono and Thunder, type of guys with no character and it shows by their post timing.

They have no belief or integrity in their words only when Melo lays an egg and Durant has a great game.

These guys never show up in this forum any other team Melo is leading the Knicks.

These men lack shame and basketball honesty.

Melo has a great game this Weds, this guys will be no where to be found again.

Dickless men.

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Kobe had nights like that too. And i think melo is more kobe and then he is glenn rob... Since we're making analogies, then your beloved Durant is nothing but t mac 2.0 with a little more talent. He won't see a finals again. He's not even top dog on his team...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Rono and Thunder, type of guys with no character and it shows by their post timing.

They have no belief or integrity in their words only when Melo lays an egg and Durant has a great game.

These guys never show up in this forum any other team Melo is leading the Knicks.

Dickless men.

You're an idiot. I post and have posted positive stuff re Melo. I'm just objective and comparing the players performances honestly. When you were ****ting all over him after the trade with Denver no one defended him more than me on the forum against your ridiculous comments. This was before the CA7's and the Melo for Mayor's were even posting here.

If Melo has a good game on Wed I'll be the first one to say nice things, if I have time. :)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Melo doesn't play with Russell, jackass.
He has Raymond Felton, C level PG.

Yes but he has JR Smith, our second leading scorer... Hello.

Russell as the second leading scorer on the his team is more comparable to Swish than Felton. Again, you're an idiot.

metrocard

Legend
You're an idiot. I post and have posted positive stuff re Melo. I'm just objective and comparing the players performances honestly. When you were ****ting all over him after the trade with Denver no one defended him more than me on the forum against your ridiculous comments. This was before the CA7's and the Melo for Mayor's were even posting here.

If Melo has a good game on Wed I'll be the first one to say nice things, if I have time. :)

You got shut down in those debates and made Melo look bad by weakly defending him.

metrocard

Legend
Yes but he has JR Smith, our second leading scorer... Hello.

Russell as the second leading scorer on the his team is more comparable to Swish than Felton. Again, you're an idiot.

JR Smith

Russell Westbrook
24 ppg
7.6 asp
5.4 rpg
1.8 stl
44% FG

JR Smith
18.1 ppg
2.7 asp
5.3 rpg
1.3 spg
42% FG

Man, I should slap the F U C K out of your ugly face for even comparing these two players where one is an all star and possible all NBA team player (1st or 2nd) and the other is a 6th man and trying to make a weak argument out of it. You failed another debate. You're the worst by far.

metrocard

Legend
Westbrook averages 7.6 assist when he decides not to chuck it up like an ass...you're telling me that won't make Melo's game easier ? Having a lighting fast PG who can get to the baja at will and open the defense up and pass it off to him?

Woodson has to nearly beg Smith to drive to the basket, Melo's game is atleast over 70% unassisted, where as Durant plays with an elite PG, defenders(Ibaka,Sefalosha), and screeners (Collison/Perkins).

You fakeassknicksfan****sucker, do you realize how you sold your orange and blue for a yellow punk dude like KD?

Put KD on the Knicks and youll see him struggle to look for those easy shots he get in OKC.

Bryant went through similar struggles when he had a weak roster in LA.

man, your head is empty.

Put KD on the Knicks and youll see him struggle to look for those easy shots he get in OKC.

Bryant went through similar struggles when he had a weak roster in LA.

man, your head is empty.

Stoudemire seemed to get pretty easy shots with both Felton and Lin. :alert:

Wanna know why Melo doesn't always get easy shots? Because he CHUCKS like a chucker, zones out into iso-mania, and has the unique ability to destroy ball movement.

He ****s the bed, when he ****s his pants.

Without Melo, and with ball movement, Amare (and others) beast, and the team gets these "easy" shots you speak of.

And you mention Black Mamba? Hah!

Kobe can fill a stat sheet and lead a team with defense/passing/scoring/rebounding like Melo dreams of.

Dickless men.

You foolass. Stop letting Melo slap a pocket pu*$y on you.

Lacking basketball integrity and shame? I slapped you like Ric Flair before the playoffs even began, calling out Melo and catty fanboys saying he is on level of KD.

I'll be anytime, because the truth doesn't rest. Just your selective memory.

You forgot the beatdown I put on Meloboys before the playoffs? Or did someone's straight 2 knock that **** out of your head by now?

First thing you've said right all day -- I am a man.

metrocard

Legend
Stoudemire seemed to get pretty easy shots with both Felton and Lin. :alert:

Wanna know why Melo doesn't always get easy shots? Because he CHUCKS like a chucker, zones out into iso-mania, and has the unique ability to destroy ball movement.

He ****s the bed, when he ****s his pants.

Without Melo, and with ball movement, Amare (and others) beast, and the team gets these "easy" shots you speak of.

And you mention Black Mamba? Hah!

Kobe can fill a stat sheet and lead a team with defense/passing/scoring/rebounding like Melo dreams of.

Amar'e doesn't get easy shots with Lin and Felton. They're not Nash, Rubio or Chris Paul. They're average PG's.

The only dude who s h i t the bed is you. Melo is just a chucker? He's the most unstoppable offensive force in the NBA, he led the NBA in scoring numbnuts. He ain't Jamal Crawford, and Melo would of averaged 30-32 ppg if refs actually call the hacking on Melo to be fouls at the same rate they do with Kevin Durant who gets sucked off by the refs.

FTAs - Durant 750, Kobe 626, LeBron 535, Melo 512
Seems legit

in 2000, the NBA removed hand-checking from the game
in 2001, the NBA removed defender's ability to rest a forearm on the offensive player
in 2013, you are no longer allowed to defend certain superstars if your defense results in a tough look

Durant gets too many gifts.

and Melo fills the stat sheet up, he's a superior rebounder, offensive rebounder than all these guys you mentioned.

I don't even know why you're in this thread. You got embarrassed previous with Kevin Durant H2H stats vs Melo.

Last edited:

Don't let your instincts be blunted by the masses.

Melo -- and the team -- didn't do too well when big blue had their 2nd option (Amare), no?

This jelloass Melo has more red flags marking up his career than a Communist capital.

I guarantee same foolcats comparing Melo to KD, were queefing out how Melo was "as good" as Lebron a year or two ago.

Someone, dare me to look this **** up on here. I dare you. No, I tripple dog dare you to say wha again.

Amar'e doesn't get easy shots with Lin and Felton. They're not Nash, Rubio or Chris Paul. They're average PG's.

The only dude who s h i t the bed is you. Melo is just a chucker? He's the most unstoppable offensive force in the NBA, he led the NBA in scoring numbnuts. He ain't Jamal Crawford, and Melo would of averaged 30-32 ppg if refs actually call the hacking on Melo to be fouls at the same rate they do with Kevin Durant who gets sucked off by the refs.

FTAs - Durant 750, Kobe 626, LeBron 535, Melo 512
Seems legit

You just called Melo the most unstoppable force in the NBA.

I'll give you one chance to take that back.

He led the league in scoring, terrific. I never said Melo wasn't an elite scorer, or an elite talent.

But outside of injured dudes, he is top 5 worst max contracts in NBA, in my honest opinion. If winning a chip is your thing.

Why you guys keep dodging the destruction of the team and Stoudemire's play since Melo came, and whenever they've played together?

I guess you do believe is the most unstoppable force in the NBA, and that you don't need to build a real team that includes a 2nd superstar player coexisting.

Mr. Metro, if Amare didn't get easy shots, then why did he score so well and with such a high fg%?

And he did this without Melo...so one of the most unstoppable interior scoring forces...adds what you say is the BEST and most CREATIVE scorer in the NBA....and his success then rises and falls depending on whether he has to play alongside him? LOL! Injuries aside, you know this is true unless you blocking it out.

Anyway, to my original point: Melo didn't just have a bad game. He had the type of bad game emblematic of why he is NOT on the level of KD (or Lebron, or Wade, or CP3, etc).

I would rather have less talented folks, if I wanted to build a true champion team, than I would with Melo.

edit -- get it. i'm not fronting off one game. this game just corrobortes the overall points i made of Melo, well before this game occurred. the game itself isn't the issue. every man has bad days in the cage.

Thunder Thighs, you dont know sh*t about boxing by comparing Melo to Hatton.

Melo is more like Arturo Gatti and Durant is like Zab Judah.

Melo has heart, takes beatings but still fights through it all.

Durant doesn't have heart like Kobe or Melo, he flops and avoids contact, and his shot selection is too cautious where it has made Russell Westbrook the alpha male of OKC. Kevin Durant's passiveness failed OKC in the Finals, stop sucking off his FG% it's highly inflated.

Zab Judah? They feed you haterade to sip when you spar where you at?

And I compared Melo to Hatton more because of their respective FAN bases. Don't avoid the contact, you can't, my punches are crisp.

Melo = Hatton because each fan base, starved for someone to deliver them a true savior and to taste success. Both fans seduced by the man, and the man's myth (in Melo's case, that he is this alpha winner).

Zab Judah...smfh. Try prime James Toney.

And KD led OKC to, and through, that Finals. While he and his team repped one of the youngest and most inexperienced squads in the NBA.

You say he is passive, and yet his #2 goes down, and he rises to the occasion and puts on a domination clinic. Where your head at?