Knicks sign Quentin Richardson??

finestrg

Rotation player
Trying to find further confirmation but they're reporting it over on the Insidehoops forum:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296468

I don't get this. We just let Solomon Jones walk and Sheed may have broken down again last night...Don't we need a big man more? Chandler/Martin/Camby must all be doing better. And maybe Sheed's ok and we can chalk up last night to regular post-surgery soreness. Where's he playing -- not over Shump and JR and we know Melo's gonna be going 35-40 mins a night. Plus I want Copeland playing. If Q-Rich eats into Cope's mins. I'm gonna be pissed. Cope needs to play. Isn't that why we have James White -- as an emergency swingman??? Not sure I understand this signing.

finestrg

Rotation player
I know he and Pierce don't get along at all going back years...But what's he gonna do -- start poppin' off from the bench talking junk to Pierce? Lol. Better hope that **** doesn't backfire and fire Pierce up I tell you that. Pointless signing if you ask me. I would've went with some more big man insurance.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
For that I would of traded White to OKC or flat out released him, kept Brewer instead of now having Q....

Sheeds health must not be a big concern going forward if they dropped Jones and picked up another swing man/2 guard. Hopefully this means they're confident that Martin, Chandler, Camby, Sheed, etc will be healthy for playoff run......maybe even STAT too for the 2nd round at worst (cause were defiantly kicking Boston's ass round 1!).

:gony:

Number3

Benchwarmer
not a bad signing if he can play in the postseason... plus , if you don't want to see Shump, JR, Kidd, prigioni, felton.. get hurt or get tired.. we can use Q Rich ... to defend the perimeter with fresh legs

tiger0330

Legend
It's all over Twitter so I guess it's official but this ain't the Q of the Phoenix Suns days. Noticable drop in his 3 pt shooting in his later years and he hasn't played in how many months? What do they expect of him with a couple of practices before the playoffs, don't get some of these signings lately.

metrocard

Legend
q.jpg

iono...seems like a pointless move.

DrB

Benchwarmer
For that I would of traded White to OKC or flat out released him, kept Brewer instead of now having Q....

Sheeds health must not be a big concern going forward if they dropped Jones and picked up another swing man/2 guard. Hopefully this means they're confident that Martin, Chandler, Camby, Sheed, etc will be healthy for playoff run......maybe even STAT too for the 2nd round at worst (cause were defiantly kicking Boston's ass round 1!).

:gony:
Not sure about the BIGS. First my medical opinion is that if Tyson has a herniated disc or a partial herniation {bulging}disc reinjury is really easy. These things don't heal in 6-8 weeks. Martin should be OK but if he was 100% he would have played in Charlotte and we might have won that game. Wallace looks awful. Hit his first shot but was not mobil or defending the rim.
Camby is USELESS period. So it means heavy minutes for TYSON..he must and if health can shut down KG.

skisloper

Starter
Not sure about the BIGS. First my medical opinion is that if Tyson has a herniated disc or a partial herniation {bulging}disc reinjury is really easy. These things don't heal in 6-8 weeks. Martin should be OK but if he was 100% he would have played in Charlotte and we might have won that game. Wallace looks awful. Hit his first shot but was not mobil or defending the rim.
Camby is USELESS period. So it means heavy minutes for TYSON..he must and if health can shut down KG.

I like the move...

tiger0330

Legend
Shump was awful last night. I imagine they had a look at Q before they signed him, maybe he knocked down 20 of 20 threes and Woody's eyes lit up.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Must like Melo as a 4. Already got a little used wing in White.

Hopefully it's just great medical reports on Chandler, Camby, Wallace, Amare and Martin.

metrocard

Legend
I think it's too early to give up on Camby, especially to call him useless. He just hasn't been at full health this season and anytime he took the court was when he was at 60% health.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Combine the slow grind of playoff basketball, the longer TV timeouts, and the length of off dates between games....at least first round, will definitely help us avoid having to go too far down the bench.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
them clips just got me hype! q is tough and hates the celtics like i do!
I think it's too early to give up on Camby, especially to call him useless. He just hasn't been at full health this season and anytime he took the court was when he was at 60% health.

Immmmmm Baccccckkkkk
haha I must check in on this site 100 times a week and never see anything worth posting about, being that everything is an honorary long range thread dedicated to a different player, its hard to really hammer home opinions about a specific topic unless you want to check every thread scroll forward 20 pages and look for something interesting, way too much time. with that being said I think the Q RICH pick up is huge and why I say huge is because of this ( IT IS THE PLAYOFFS) everything is an insurance policy in this game. Putting bodies out there to run at guys like paul pierce, or paul George, or LeBron james or kevin Durant is the key to winning a title these days, it has nothing to do with more and more big bodies, the best players in the NBA from Lebron to Melo, to Durant, to George, on the best teams in our way are all SWING MEN. the thinking here was we only have two legit small forwards on our team 1 ) Melo 2) Novak being that Melo is always at the 4 that leaves Novak ? and ( smith and shump ) who are two guards to guard the 3, this is for depth and for fouls, if we have to shift smith or melo to guard wade or LeBron, u want a guy like q rich who will come in and throw his body around and can guard the low post at the 3 position for 10-12 minutes a game and who has experience playing hard against star players on your bench. I think it was a wise no risk safe move to add a deeper insurance policy to our team as we go for the Trophy.

Yeah its been a while, I haven't felt the motivation to post this year; the threads have been repetitive and very unimaginative ; also a lot of nonsensical non basketball related banter and arguments between posters- It wasn't as fun as it was in the past, unfortunately the better the knicks get the worse this forum gets lol. with that being said.....playoffs ? knicks favorites ? 2nd seed ? wow