2013 Playoffs - Round 1 Game 2 / Knicks vs Celtics - 04/23

rady

Administrator
Staff member

playoffs_header.png

nykbos_2.jpg

Hello and welcome to the 2013 NBA Playoffs Game 2 between our New York Knicks and the Boston Celtics!

167235990-carmelo-anthony-of-the-new-york-knicks-in-gettyimages.jpg

(Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

The New York Knicks took the first win of the series with a huge win in game one, 78-85 with Carmelo Anthony scoring 36 points! Let's freshen our memory with the full highlights:

Other things to cheer for:
167264752-smith-of-the-new-york-knicks-is-the-winner-gettyimages.jpg

(Photo by Jennifer Pottheiser/NBAE via Getty Images)
JR Smith has been named 2012-13 Kia NBA Sixth Man

167016786-pablo-prigioni-of-the-new-york-knicks-gettyimages.jpg

(Photo by Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE via Getty Images)

Pablo Prigioni is listed as probable while Woody made the following statement: "If he can go tomorrow, we'll start him, absolutely"

The Knicks must not lose game two under any circumstances so they can travel without any pressure to Boston for games 3 and 4, Kenyon Martin knowing what it's like:
?It?s huge,?? Game 1 hero Kenyon Martin said of Game 2. ?You don?t want to go up there 1-1 facing that team and that crowd. I?ve been there.

Also, two random things that happened on this date to get you hyped for the game, looking back into history
In 1997 John Starks receives the same award JR Smith got today, becoming the second Knick to win the NBA Sixth Man Award

In 1972 New York advances to the NBA Finals with a 111-102 Game Five victory at Boston!

Starting Lineups for tonight:

nyk_2.jpg

bos_2.jpg

CoolClyde

Yes Rady! great gamethread! i'm totally pumped, like Arnold on 'roids, for this game! 3 day wait is just too
freaking long! I loved the game 1 recap video, JR's dunk and spin n swish, Canyon's block, Melo's business
as usual scoring machinations... did not like seeing Avery the label Bradley consistently infiltrating the paint
on backdoor plays, just BEATING his man to the hoop. but Feltip made up for it with some serious passing.
the best pass of the night was Melo's perfect toss to KMartian after Garknee came out for the double. THAT
kind of game will take the Knicks to the next level (round).

Props for recognizing John Starks 6th man of year on same day as Junior Swish's award,
and superb recognition re advancement to '72 Finals with victory over Bostonians! YES!!!!

Looking forward to the Prigger getting back into the swing of things, if he can keep
the assist/turnover ratio in it's proper place, Knicks should assume command of series.

I'm more psyched than Psy on a heavy metal Gangnam Style:smokin:
[video]http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151421110081551[/video]

bigapple

Starter
this is must will game Prigion will make diffrences . Copeland better be reserve role. Knicks only problems will be as usual refs.

Btw NETS i see one thing if D-Will is put on strong D Nets are loosing.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I think Prig will make a difference if he starts tonight. Cope should check in when Melo is resting and Woodson has to run plays for him. If Cope gets the ball in the right places, he will not have to dribble too much and turn the ball over. We should use his offensive skills correctly.

We are flat out better than these guys, especially as we get closer to full strength with Prigioni back. Let's not pull a Brooklyn and let the road team steal one on our home court. Let's go Knicks!

JoeBo21

Benchwarmer
so pumped!!!!! must win game

Melo keep starting and finishing strong, lets limit those 2 for 11 stretches

Kidd and Kmart keep it up

Chandler get your head outta your ass

Lets goo!!!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Here we go! With Pablo back i expect better ball movement and defense in the first half!

As usual in Knicks/Celtics game, the refs deciding to keep all the players guessing on what's going to get called and what's not.