Amare Ether

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Terrible song, but I agree withe message.

I don't want to see Amare at all in these playoffs. He undoubtedly will hurt our team D. No thanks.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
You guys are crazy. having stat in the playoffs is the only way we will even be able to contend against Miami.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Yeah, defense wins championships. Personally I believe Stat can bring better defense depending on the opponents line up. When Stat WANTS to play defense he can be a beast. And being out for so long, I'm sure he does. I'm not saying start Amare because I think he'll burn out if he plays all out offense AND defense for 35+ minutes but if he plays around 20-25 minutes per game I'm sure the Knicks can maximize his talents like that. Sort of how we are using JR Smith. You need inside post presence against the Heat. There is no way else were going to beat them. They're defense is too good and will leave the knicks to depend on their outside shooting. They need to rotate Tyson, Kmart and Stat and dominate the paint to win against the heat. It will open up easier shots for our shooters. Now that we have felton and shump back Stat doesn't have to worry about team defense as much and focus on his man. It'll be easier for him on defense. Melo and JR can benefit off his post presence.

Rob Low

Rotation player
His defense can't be any worse than Novak's and at least he'll get us some points. Hopefully he only gets like 15 minutes against second units.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Yeah, he seems to have been rejuvenated energetically and more polished after practicing with Hakeem Olajuwon. His FG% this year is back up where it should be, close to the .600's where he was when he played for the Suns. Since he got both knees cleaned up and got a good rest, I'm hoping he will be much healthier and energetic.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Stat is an important element in the Knicks possibly winning a championship. I could bet that this series with Boston would have been over if Stat would have been playing. With Stat in the game, it puts pressure on the opponents Bigs Stat would have the difference of Garnett almost fouling out and actually fouling out. Against the Pacers, Chandler and K-Mart, are NOT putting pressure on the West Hibbert, Hansborough, to get them into foul trouble. Stat will. As far as defense goes, Felton has been playing $hitty D all year, he still played tho. Melo D is improved, but his D isn't nothing to write home about. Point is, you can have an all world defender, if your team defense isn't worth ****, then you are in trouble. The TEAM defense needs to be good in order for the Knicks to compete for a chip.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I think that if Mike D'Antoni had Steve Novak driving the lane and kicking the ball out to Lebron James, back three months early from shoulder surgery, for threes, there would be some fools out there saying "The Knicks are better off without Lebron James".

Paul1355

All Star
screw amare's D...we need his post offense and ability to draw fouls so he can show Melo and J.R what it means to shoot high percentage shots

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Woody needs to be rotating Camby in these Pacers game to put D on Hibbert. The knicks are allowing Hibbert to do what he wants. We can't let Hibbert be confident in there. We have to foul him if that's what it takes but make sure he don't get easy buckets.