2013 Playoffs - Round 1 Game 5 / Knicks vs Celtics - 05/01 7:00 pm

Kiyaman

Legend
The issue in game 5 is clearly Woodson. He becomes an amateur coach come playoff time. The Hawks got no where and right now the Knicks seem to be in trouble. He has the mentality that if given enough time JR will start hitting shots.....He plays the law of averages that eventually shots will fall.......Of course Woody does not weight the consequences of allowing that to happen not does he show faith in his other players..........

In the first quarter last night Prigioni after I beieve Garnet made a defensive rebounded knocked the ball out of KG'S hand and went off KG and was Knicks ball.....With the stop play Woodson took out Prig ) who looked baffled ) and put in Smith.......Prgioni moves the ball and plays solid defense yet Woodson goes with Smith way too soon..

Also Jason Kidd had no steam in the tank and often passed on taking a shot........He could not stop Pierce but rather then play Prig and Shump together he went with Smith for 36 minutes....Smith refused to run back in transition I mean this is the playoffs,,,,

Woodson is doing what he did last year and the same he did with the Hawks and it just does not work. Coach the team . he is like a little kid who is be whipped around by Doc.

:agreed:
Woodson market value as a postseason headcoach had to drop-down to dirt level when we loss 2 straight games vs Boston ….. is Woody losing confidence from his players as their winning coach?

Woodson’s flaw has been following what his star-player wants, rather than need.
Woodson did whatever Joe Johnson wanted in Atlanta, and now with Melo in New York.
What NBA headcoach is going to tell Amare Stoudemire he is not a NBA starter?
Melo do not want Amare in the starting lineup, and Woody is following Melo's wishes.
It was Melo’s on the court decision-making that made JR our 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] option.
Woodson should’ve put JR in the starting-lineup a long time ago. Why?
Because we played Melo for 40 something minutes in the regular season.
Woodson not making JR a starter, but bringing JR off the bench as early as 3 minutes after tip-off, this type of bullshiii has crippled our starting-lineup all season long.

I don’t know any NBA player who would like being a STARTER to be taking out of every game after the first 3 minutes of tip-off.
I’m sure no player wants that role in every game.
Kidd was the bigman to take that 3 minute starter role early in the season so JR could come off the bench as a 6[SUP]th[/SUP] man to warm-up with 9 minutes remaining in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] qtr.
Brewer didn’t want no part of the 3 minute starter-role, this is why James White became our 3 minute starter.

If we are going to start Prig & Shump in the postseason games, our coach must show these two players confidence at the beginning of each game.

skisloper

Starter
:agreed:
Woodson market value as a postseason headcoach had to drop-down to dirt level when we loss 2 straight games vs Boston ….. is Woody losing confidence from his players as their winning coach?

Woodson’s flaw has been following what his star-player wants, rather than need.
Woodson did whatever Joe Johnson wanted in Atlanta, and now with Melo in New York.
What NBA headcoach is going to tell Amare Stoudemire he is not a NBA starter?
Melo do not want Amare in the starting lineup, and Woody is following Melo's wishes.
It was Melo’s on the court decision-making that made JR our 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] option.
Woodson should’ve put JR in the starting-lineup a long time ago. Why?
Because we played Melo for 40 something minutes in the regular season.
Woodson not making JR a starter, but bringing JR off the bench as early as 3 minutes after tip-off, this type of bullshiii has crippled our starting-lineup all season long.

I don’t know any NBA player who would like being a STARTER to be taking out of every game after the first 3 minutes of tip-off.
I’m sure no player wants that role in every game.
Kidd was the bigman to take that 3 minute starter role early in the season so JR could come off the bench as a 6[SUP]th[/SUP] man to warm-up with 9 minutes remaining in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] qtr.
Brewer didn’t want no part of the 3 minute starter-role, this is why James White became our 3 minute starter.

If we are going to start Prig & Shump in the postseason games, our coach must show these two players confidence at the beginning of each game.

JR got rewarded for throwing an elbow, being suspended and his refusal to run back on defense in the first half of game 5 by Woodson playing him 36 minutes . Everyone says we are lucky to have JR at this price but Woody in sense kiss's JR's as to keep him happy. Put JR on another team where the coach does not tolerate JR's attitude or moodswings and JR will not be as productive.....I do think Woody gets the best out of JR but the cost to the team and Woodys coaching role are in question.
This my friends is why we did not see 1 solid offer for JR and the Knicks were able to sign him for the price we did. Yes after the season he will be offered money as greed and time will allow other teams to buy into the fools gold...You want JR then u need a coach like Woody who will sacrifice others to get the best out of him.

Kiyaman

Legend
JR got rewarded for throwing an elbow, being suspended and his refusal to run back on defense in the first half of game 5 by Woodson playing him 36 minutes . Everyone says we are lucky to have JR at this price but Woody in sense kiss's JR's as to keep him happy. Put JR on another team where the coach does not tolerate JR's attitude or moodswings and JR will not be as productive.....I do think Woody gets the best out of JR but the cost to the team and Woodys coaching role are in question.
This my friends is why we did not see 1 solid offer for JR and the Knicks were able to sign him for the price we did. Yes after the season he will be offered money as greed and time will allow other teams to buy into the fools gold...You want JR then u need a coach like Woody who will sacrifice others to get the best out of him.

So true .. so true .. its hard not to :agreed:
JR's career performance in the NBA show a long long list of FLAWS, annnd inconsistence performance.

What bothers me the most about having a "inconsistant JR.Smith" on the roster are JR will come-out in this 6th game in Boston, to have a somewhat decent game hitting a couple of clutch shots for the win, and everybody go back to Mr. Swish won the game.
However, we all know its the small things from players "Kidd, Prig, Shump, and Martin" that brings the win ....
for example in game-5 we force Boston to committ 17 turnovers, but we only scored 4 points off of Boston turnovers .. we committed only 9 turnovers inwhich Boston scored 16 points off our turnovers.
I been asking all season where is our transition-scoring off of Kidd, Prigioni, or Shumps defensive-steals?
Melo & JR dont run on offense or defense...

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I will be the first to admit JR is a wild card and can help or hurt you on any given night.

With that being said, for about $2.8mil or so he is definitely worth it. Look at what Fields is getting paid. Celtics owe Jordan Crawford over $2mil next year and he sucks. While JR can be inconsistent, you wont find a better replacement for that money especially when over the cap.....I hope we resign him and this suspension/up and down performance in the playoffs keeps his price tag manageable.

Sent from my LG-P999

skisloper

Starter
I will be the first to admit JR is a wild card and can help or hurt you on any given night.

With that being said, for about $2.8mil or so he is definitely worth it. Look at what Fields is getting paid. Celtics owe Jordan Crawford over $2mil next year and he sucks. While JR can be inconsistent, you wont find a better replacement for that money especially when over the cap.....I hope we resign him and this suspension/up and down performance in the playoffs keeps his price tag manageable.

Sent from my LG-P999

and if he costs the series due to his elbow, or now reported partying before game 5....then no price is cheap enough

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
and if he costs the series due to his elbow, or now reported partying before game 5....then no price is cheap enough

If the Knicks lose this series (which ain't happening) JRs elbow will get the most blame for the melt down......but it wont be the sole reason. You can blame the terrible shooting, lack of ball movement, lack of adjustments, etc.

Regardless we aren't a true threat to win the East without the year JR has had. I will take JR and his contract over guys like Fields, Lin, Jordan Crawford, etc that are doing absolutely nothing for there teams this time of year at similar it more $$$.

Sent from my LG-P999

skisloper

Starter
If the Knicks lose this series (which ain't happening) JRs elbow will get the most blame for the melt down......but it wont be the sole reason. You can blame the terrible shooting, lack of ball movement, lack of adjustments, etc.

Regardless we aren't a true threat to win the East without the year JR has had. I will take JR and his contract over guys like Fields, Lin, Jordan Crawford, etc that are doing absolutely nothing for there teams this time of year at similar it more $$$.

Sent from my LG-P999

I 100% agree that JR was an integral part in winning the east......and Yes no one person will be blamed if we lose ( which I will be ready to puke if we do )

BUT you are a FOOL to say who u would rather have........JR threw the elbow and got himself suspended....How does he reward his teammates and knick fans with that emotional mistake....HE GOES out to the wee hours in the morning partying before game 5....do u think it had an effect or JR just played like crap. did not run the floor and looked downright spent......

Dude wake up.........JR does not get stroked for what he has done...and all players will have their slumps here and there.....what JR did for the past 2 games is just plain stupid....

I did appreciate his humbled comments after game 5 so maybe he comes back tonight....But do remember this game should have been over in game 4 or 5 and our 6th man of the year should have been 100% available for both!!!!!!!!!!

metrocard

Legend
1ac2334eb50311e2896422000a1fb003_6.jpg