Look at it this way

Red

TYPE-A
In a way I'm glad the Knicks blew their chance tonight. I say this because I'm thankful that we were put into a situation to gauge some important things that would not be apparent if the situation were different.

We get to see Coach Woodson and his reaction/adjustment(s).

We get to see who is real, and who is a leader because now is the time.

You know every loss when up 3-0 just increases the pressure to win and closeout. At 3-1 the pressure increases from 85% to say 90%; at 3-2 say 95%. Lose the next one and it's at 100% for game 7.

I want to see the game-plan; the one we talked about when the threes aren't popping. I want to see more consistent defense and if "the rotations" can shut a hot player down.

This series, as sad (or mad) as it is to say can really show us what we're-workin'-wit with this squad; it can end (and possibly start) the debate.

Is Kidd the Old school MVP as we advertised? There to "calm players down" and "hit big threes", here rub off his uber IQ? Or is he breaking down? Is Martin the MVP acquisition we raved of? Is TC hurt? Was he worthy of DPOY last year? Is he our DPOY this year?

Can Melo win? Is JR under control? Can we win with Felton at the helm. What happened to Pablo?

I could go on and on. And right now, I know this is the last sh*t you want to read but hey...

This is the only situation where we can see what the deal is.

You didn't think they were going to waltz to the ECF did you? Did they? SMH

I'm glad. I want to see them work for it, and learn what a champion is. I love adversity. And it's going to take hunger, drive, and heart. Relentlessness.

PS... perhaps, just perhaps the league wants, and dare I say, to make sure we stretch the series out (some calls...wtf?). For all my conspiracy (and ref blaming) theorists. Speaking of, I anticipate Kiyaman mentioning how giving the ball to Melo (in isolation) is the plan and won't work. And neither will relying on the three. :smokin:

Signed,

Show me what-ya-got

Last edited:

NewYork

Benchwarmer
I agree with your post Red. Muhammed Ali once said "The will MUST be greater than the skill!" The Knicks definitely have the skill to pull off a championship, but there are plenty of other teams that are the same in that department. Its all about who's WILL is greater. They need to stop taking these games lightly and I hope this loss wakes their asses up!

Red

TYPE-A
BTW

Champs don't celebrate prematurely. They don't wear coordinated suits, talking about what they're going to do.

Most improtantly...

Champs don't f*cking talk. Shut the f*ck up and play ball.

Leaders don't get into shouting and shoving matches in the middle of the arena after a bitter loss like some b*tches.

Here's a Redism...

The question isn't who is better, it's can you beat them?

Wins & Losses don't prove who is better, as we see. To put it another way, are we better than MIA because we went 3-1? Nope... it means nothing.

But can we beat them? Yes.

Are the Celtics better than us... are we better than them? No

Can they beat us? Can we beat them? Yes and yes. This is what a champion understands... its not who is better, it's can you beat them. Believe and understand this and you won't hesitateto leave it out there on the court.

jimkcchief88

All Star
BTW

Champs don't celebrate prematurely. They don't wear coordinated suits, talking about what they're going to do.

Most improtantly...

Champs don't f*cking talk. Shut the f*ck up and play ball.

Leaders don't get into shouting and shoving matches in the middle of the arena after a bitter loss like some b*tches.

Here's a Redism...

The question isn't who is better, it's can you beat them?

Wins & Losses don't prove who is better, as we see. To put it another way, are we better than MIA because we went 3-1? Nope... it means nothing.

But can we beat them? Yes.

Are the Celtics better than us... are we better than them? No

Can they beat us? Can we beat them? Yes and yes. This is what a champion understands... its not who is better, it's can you beat them. Believe and understand this and you won't hesitateto leave it out there on the court.

Co-sign.....We got dragged into the Celtics dirty little game after putting them down 3-0....Melo will answer all the above questions Friday night....No way he plays three bad games in a row....but I hope the lesson is learned to shut up and play...then talk cash AFTER you bet some bums....handle biz

metrocard

Legend
Knicks should of bulldoze through the Celtics, especially without Rondo.

Knicks played soft defense the last two games and ran a dysfunctional offense.
Melo has to set the tone defensively, I'm tired of him excusing himself out of manning up on his mans. His defense is SOFT and it's killing us on the perimeter.

Crawford was baiting Melo ****...go eat horsecrap with this leader talk, Melo actually reserved himself and stayed cool because he could of easily rushed through guys and gave Jordan what he deserves.

Knicks need to play like a 2 seed and put the Celtics to sleep. Celtics aren't a good team, Knicks are just playing bad basketball.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks won the first 3 games... And they did so while playing poorly in the first half of games 1 & 2. They won a game in BOS, which is the first time the Knicks won a post season game in BOS since Game 5 1990, and then the elbow happened. Even sans Smith in Game 4, with 'Melo shooting bricks, NYK still nearly pulled out a gigantic comeback. What would the national talking heads be saying about BOS heart & pride had 'Anthony not missed THREE free throws at the end of regulation in Game 4? NO reason to fret yet... Knicks still in control. I would only worry that we've trailed, for the most part, the last 8 quarters. KNICKS have obviously lost their rhythm... We are a 3-point shooting team, and when we're cold from behind the arc we look below average. Live and die by it. BECAUSE, when we're hitting the 3... we can beat anybody in the league (MIA included). I know, we wont hit the 3s over a 7-game series, but we're still good enough to beat BOS. I do fret about Indy slightly, and over the fact that Game 6 wont be easy. Probably wont win in BOS. But we will win Game 7 (if necessary). NBA should suspend Crawford tho... they did it to Smith. Cannot allow BOS to have a reserve player try to bait our starters into a fight after the game. AND, of by the way, the refs were terrible last night. They officiated the game like the NBA pre-ordained a Game 6. We got STERNED.

tiger0330

Legend
No team has won a playoff series after being down 3-0 but if it happens which ain't happening you can point to JRs suspension and that stupid black suit stunt the Knicks pulled in game 5. Woody should have never allowed that stunt which only served as extra motivation for the Celts in game 5.

I expect better performances from Melo and JR and the whole team to put the Celts away Friday. This will not go to game 7.

Red

TYPE-A
Knicks should of bulldoze through the Celtics, especially without Rondo.

Knicks played soft defense the last two games and ran a dysfunctional offense.
Melo has to set the tone defensively, I'm tired of him excusing himself out of manning up on his mans. His defense is SOFT and it's killing us on the perimeter.

Crawford was baiting Melo ****...go eat horsecrap with this leader talk, Melo actually reserved himself and stayed cool because he could of easily rushed through guys and gave Jordan what he deserves.

Knicks need to play like a 2 seed and put the Celtics to sleep. Celtics aren't a good team, Knicks are just playing bad basketball.

When you call out Melo for lack of defensive intensity... you echo partly what's wrong. Melo doesn't play D, We "the Team" play D. And our team defense has been average and sporadic. Our game plan is leaving more to be desired.

And expecting Melo to lead is because he's expected to by default. But, what this learning experience should illustrate is that only this situation (that being: the playoffs, against a hated rival, with lofty expectations, needing to closeout...) requires something different than what was expected during the regular season. And this will be more difficult than any adversity we've experienced thus far.

Recall trying to deal with key injuries in the season and last post season? This is harder.

Recall the losing streaks? This is harder.

This is the time when REAL dudes come out and come to play.

Recall when the HEAT lost vs the Mavs (Bosh breaking down)? Contrast that to LeBron last year.

Recall the attitude and approach of Koby, or MJ? They were relentless. Not Joe Cool. Not talking greasy. Not being subversive. No games, straight business.

That is the type who wins in sports. Boxing is no different.

Yo know... Eye of the tiger sh*t.lol

Red

TYPE-A
The Knicks won the first 3 games... And they did so while playing poorly in the first half of games 1 & 2. They won a game in BOS, which is the first time the Knicks won a post season game in BOS since Game 5 1990, and then the elbow happened. Even sans Smith in Game 4, with 'Melo shooting bricks, NYK still nearly pulled out a gigantic comeback. What would the national talking heads be saying about BOS heart & pride had 'Anthony not missed THREE free throws at the end of regulation in Game 4? NO reason to fret yet... Knicks still in control. I would only worry that we've trailed, for the most part, the last 8 quarters. KNICKS have obviously lost their rhythm... We are a 3-point shooting team, and when we're cold from behind the arc we look below average. Live and die by it. BECAUSE, when we're hitting the 3... we can beat anybody in the league (MIA included). I know, we wont hit the 3s over a 7-game series, but we're still good enough to beat BOS. I do fret about Indy slightly, and over the fact that Game 6 wont be easy. Probably wont win in BOS. But we will win Game 7 (if necessary). NBA should suspend Crawford tho... they did it to Smith. Cannot allow BOS to have a reserve player try to bait our starters into a fight after the game. AND, of by the way, the refs were terrible last night. They officiated the game like the NBA pre-ordained a Game 6. We got STERNED.

This. :calm:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

Agreed.

And in response to the officiating by the refs, I don't want to seem whiny, but some calls made against us were pretty suspect. Some of the calls on K-Mart "fouling" Garnett were pure BS, IMO. I watched some of the Grizz-Clips games and they were probably 100x more physical down in the paint and refs just let them play.

The refs just don't want the game to get out of hand due to the competitive nature of the 2 ball clubs. I'm not too concern with the offense, just as long as we play lock down defense we will be fine. We just need to keep our composure when the shots aren't falling, play team ball and be the more aggressive team out there. I don't like KG's antics either but it helps him get his team involved while taking away the other teams momentum and focus. If the Knicks survive the first round they should be humbled enough to go the distance. Sometimes a nice slice of humble pie will do that for you.

Red

TYPE-A
The refs just don't want the game to get out of hand due to the competitive nature of the 2 ball clubs. I'm not too concern with the offense, just as long as we play lock down defense we will be fine. We just need to keep our composure when the shots aren't falling, play team ball and be the more aggressive team out there. I don't like KG's antics either but it helps him get his team involved while taking away the other teams momentum and focus. If the Knicks survive the first round they should be humbled enough to go the distance. Sometimes a nice slice of humble pie will do that for you.

My thoughts exactly, unless you're stubborn. And JR, for one, seems stubborn.

In regards to defense, I would put this lesson at the top of our list because this lesson has been taught all season. Of all things, playing consistent lock down defense is what we will need to do to win.

metrocard

Legend
When you call out Melo for lack of defensive intensity... you echo partly what's wrong. Melo doesn't play D, We "the Team" play D. And our team defense has been average and sporadic. Our game plan is leaving more to be desired.

And expecting Melo to lead is because he's expected to by default. But, what this learning experience should illustrate is that only this situation (that being: the playoffs, against a hated rival, with lofty expectations, needing to closeout...) requires something different than what was expected during the regular season. And this will be more difficult than any adversity we've experienced thus far.

Recall trying to deal with key injuries in the season and last post season? This is harder.

Recall the losing streaks? This is harder.

This is the time when REAL dudes come out and come to play.

Recall when the HEAT lost vs the Mavs (Bosh breaking down)? Contrast that to LeBron last year.

Recall the attitude and approach of Koby, or MJ? They were relentless. Not Joe Cool. Not talking greasy. Not being subversive. No games, straight business.

That is the type who wins in sports. Boxing is no different.

Yo know... Eye of the tiger sh*t.lol

Well, I've seen Melo come out of his shell when he was with Denver in their series against LA not too long ago. Even tho Denver lost the series, I see Melo can arise as a force. But with Melo's skill set and talent, he should use his game to get others involve. Melo's game at times look immature with the constantly isolation...he's a lot better player coming off the ball and we don't use him in those situations...

Shumpert, Felton, Copeland, Smith, Chandler can take pressure off Melo if we move the ball...

if you watch Jordan's Chicago Bulls...they moved the ball around and Jordan played off the ball a lot. They shot the ball at a high percentage, took their TIME with the shot clock and always took the best shot available.

We can get exposed by Indiana because Hibbert is a A level defender standing at 7"2, who's mobile and can defend the interior as good as anyone in the NBA along with good defenders in George Hill, Ian Mahini, Paul George and even Lance Stephenson is emerging as a solid defender.

Knicks shown they can play team ball, and move the ball. Knicks shown they can be an elite defensive team. We also shown the opposite of both. If Knicks were a zodiac sign, they'll be a Gemini. Theres two sides to this team and we know them well.