Woody THIRD in Coach of the Year balloting

tiger0330

Legend
Sneaky way to get this into the Knicks thread instead of the NBA thread. George Karl won COY, I was surprised by this thought Woody did a better job and thought Thibs would win it.

1. George Karl
2. Erik Spoelstra
3. Mike Woodson
4. Greg Popovich
5. Frank Vogel
6. Lionel Hollins
7. Mark Jackson
8. Tom Thibodeau
9. Kevin McHale
10. P.J. Carlesimo

p0nder

Starter
I don't see how Karl wins this and the list seems way off to me. I had expected spoelstra to get it considering the record his team has. I also expected Mark Jackson to to be higher considering what he has meant to the GSW and tom Thibs for getting the bulls to mesh even without D.Rose.

I thoughts something more like:

1. Erik Spoelstra
Mike Woodson
Tom Thibodeau
4. Mark Jackson
5. Greg Popovich
6. Frank Vogel
7. George Karl
8. Kevin McHale
9. Lionel Hollins
10. P.J. Carlesimo

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Yeah Jackson, Thibideau, and Spolestra all could of won it.....Karl earned it in the regular season though and I don't have a problem with it.

Sent from my LG-P999

IMO, Spoelstra is greatly over rated. He's only mentioned because he has a dynamic team. Just about any coach in the NBA would be considered COTY with that roster. I judge what coaches can do with the limited talent/resources they have. Thibs has done an impressive job giving the state of his team. Both Woody and Jackson turned their teams into post season teams. "Spo" lets Lebron run the team and relies mainly on the talent of his roster to win games. Put Spolstra on any other of these playoff teams and he'll be eliminated easily.

1. Thibs
2. Woodson
3. Jackson
4. Popovich
5. Karl

nyk_nyk

All Star
You have to look at coaches who have exceeded expectations. Thibs, Woodson and Jackson should have been the top 3.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
You have to look at coaches who have exceeded expectations. Thibs, Woodson and Jackson should have been the top 3.

Exactly.....that's my defense when it comes to Rex Ryan....the man has won with Mark friggin Sanchez as his QB, no pass rusher and limited talent overall....even in 2010.

But with that said, Karl got alot out of a solid but not spectacular roster IMO. That's why I have no problem with him winning.

Sent from my LG-P999

LeFlume

All Star
1. Mike D'Antoni..lol

Mark Jackson has done a great job. Woody should be u there. Spoelstra won 27 straight games. I don't think he is overrated.

bigapple

Starter
IMO, Spoelstra is greatly over rated. He's only mentioned because he has a dynamic team. Just about any coach in the NBA would be considered COTY with that roster. I judge what coaches can do with the limited talent/resources they have. Thibs has done an impressive job giving the state of his team. Both Woody and Jackson turned their teams into post season teams. "Spo" lets Lebron run the team and relies mainly on the talent of his roster to win games. Put Spolstra on any other of these playoff teams and he'll be eliminated easily.

1. Thibs
2. Woodson
3. Jackson
4. Popovich
5. Karl

u didnt mentioned that Heat is Stern & ESPN & refs team.

for me

1. Woody/Jax
2.Thibs
3.Karl
4. I can put Vogel in this place.

Pop not he is scoring 50+ wins for 15 years same roster nothing special they got 4 rings its enough now time for others.