Suspensions, the NBA, and the New York Knicks

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
For years, David Stern has had a total disregard for the Knicks. As if he wanted some other team to win the Patrick Ewing sweepstakes and when the Knicks won he vowed to be a pain in our sides. And Stu Jackson has picked that up since he was fired by the Knicks. Since the 90s the NBA, in my opinion, has always ALWAYS put harsher more devastating fines/suspensions against the Knicks, than any other team. Game 2 of the Bulls and Heat had much more devastating meaningful shots than what JR did to Terry, but I am yet to hear of any suspensions. The bulls players that were thrown out of the game were thrown after 3+ quarters of hard fouls and technical. its like there is always a double standard when its the Knicks. Hinrich tackles Lebron on a break away thats a hard foul kenyon Martin goes for a block on Durant gets 80% ball and 20% arm/head on the follow through, they rush to call it a technical or flagrant one... SMH.

Now the heat are waiting on word if there are any fines coming for Chalmers. Listen Chalmers Clotheslined Noah, turned around and then sdtarted talkin $hit... I mean thats a friggin ejection and suspension if anyone on the Knicks team did that. even if it was friggin Prigs. I already Know the NBA is biased against the Knicks, but if Chalmers is allowed to play it just cements my thoughts on the double standard the NBA has when it comes to the Knicks and every other team.

skisloper

Starter
For years, David Stern has had a total disregard for the Knicks. As if he wanted some other team to win the Patrick Ewing sweepstakes and when the Knicks won he vowed to be a pain in our sides. And Stu Jackson has picked that up since he was fired by the Knicks. Since the 90s the NBA, in my opinion, has always ALWAYS put harsher more devastating fines/suspensions against the Knicks, than any other team. Game 2 of the Bulls and Heat had much more devastating meaningful shots than what JR did to Terry, but I am yet to hear of any suspensions. The bulls players that were thrown out of the game were thrown after 3+ quarters of hard fouls and technical. its like there is always a double standard when its the Knicks. Hinrich tackles Lebron on a break away thats a hard foul kenyon Martin goes for a block on Durant gets 80% ball and 20% arm/head on the follow through, they rush to call it a technical or flagrant one... SMH.

Now the heat are waiting on word if there are any fines coming for Chalmers. Listen Chalmers Clotheslined Noah, turned around and then sdtarted talkin $hit... I mean thats a friggin ejection and suspension if anyone on the Knicks team did that. even if it was friggin Prigs. I already Know the NBA is biased against the Knicks, but if Chalmers is allowed to play it just cements my thoughts on the double standard the NBA has when it comes to the Knicks and every other team.

If Prigioni did that he would be NY Hero

bigapple

Starter

if u will say that in mine boards country they will call u "living in fantasy" and crybaby bcoz u were allways hurt.

Stu was just 2 year.

Truth is i dont remember when last time some1 from heat was fined or ejected.
many non calls +1 is missing during heat games

Durant is like Melo but Durant is seeking calls.

NBA keeps heat side minaly due of $$ but they dont know one thing its most hated place in NBA

i sended even mail to NBA with video Lebron took 6 steps and then it was FT's
NBA was answering me allways but they using difffrent english which all u use on this board

but there was no answer for that 6 steps video.

Look @ this

uber

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't say it's just the Knicks that has to deal with this double standard. It's every team except the Heat.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
I like how the reffing was in the 90's. It just seems more like they let the outcome of the game be settled by the players rather than these days. IMO, it just seems like the refs have more control to the outcome of the game than the players and the players are resorting to flops and acting to win games rather than pure physical will and aggression. The refs change the outcome of the game by controlling and stopping the momentum at points and it can be frustrating to watch. I'm not saying the refs don't make good calls these days but it just seems to me they have too much say to the hurt of the game. It almost makes me feel like its rigged sometimes. Back then when a team lost, you know they lost because the other team was just plain better, not because of the refs.