2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Game 3 / Knicks @ Pacers - 05/11 8:00 pm

rady

Administrator
Staff member
playoffs_header.png

nykind_3.jpg

Hello and welcome to the 2013 NBA Playoffs Game 3 between our New York Knicks and the Indiana Pacers

The New York Knicks fought back in game two and after an incredible fourth quarter, not only did they tied the series but they did it in an unforgettable manner, keeping Indiana scoreless for almost 8 minutes.

The series now moves to Indiana where New York will have to stand against a much stronger team and a more enthusiastic fan base than the one they found in Boston. With Stoudemire cleared to play, the Knicks should improve their scoring which might be a factor against a Pacer team dominated by big guys who play an amazing defense but with Amar'e being sidelined for the last two months, it's difficult to say how much of an impact will his return make right away. However, with JR's struggle lately and Melo's low FGA percentage, STAT's return might be if anything a boost of confidence. Hopefully.

945234_473975792674968_1669953764_n.jpg

(Image courtesy of http://www.facebook.com/NewYorkKnicksMemes)

Other facts that happened on this day:
In 1984: Knicks force a Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Semifinals, defeating Boston 106-104 at the Garden, behind Bernard King?s 44 points. New York holds on to the victory after watching Boston cut a 13-point deficit to two with :28 to play and then miss several attempts at tying the game in the final seconds.

In 1994: Knicks grab a 2-0 series lead over the Chicago Bulls in the Eastern Conference Semifinals with a 96-91 win at Madison Square Garden. New York held the Bulls to 4-16 shooting in the fourth quarter. Patrick Ewing scores a game high 26 points.

Starting lineups
nyk_2.jpg

ind_2.jpg

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
OK Im feeling confident we can take atleast one game in Indiana within the next two (3 & 4) and take back home court. Excited to see how the Knicks come out tonight.

Early welcome back to Amare......it is time.....LETS GO!!!!!

Sent from my LG-P999

bigapple

Starter
Bulls lost @ home mainly due their FT's and heat floops
GSW lost to 4 rings spurs

so i hope Knicks will win game 3

i hope Knicks will go back home as minimum 2-2.

uber

Benchwarmer
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
J.R. Smith did not attend today's shoot around due to an unknown illness. Knicks listing him as questionable

Paul1355

All Star
OK Im feeling confident we can take atleast one game in Indiana within the next two (3 & 4) and take back home court. Excited to see how the Knicks come out tonight.

Early welcome back to Amare......it is time.....LETS GO!!!!!

Sent from my LG-P999
I feel confident as well. I think Game 1 was a sobering reminder to the Knicks of how bad they can be when they lose focus. They came out strong in Game 2 and showed that their lock down quarters was not just Boston's bad offense. The Knicks defense needs to be stingy like it was in hte 4th quarter of Game 2 and they need to simply move the ball. The iso isn't working unless it's melo charging to the hoop.

I am excited to see if Amare can bring 10-15 good low post minutes.

tiger0330

Legend
Woody said JR had 102 fever and if he played it would be in limited minutes. I would say the Knicks can't count on JR tonight, other guys are going to have to step up.

Kiyaman

Legend
All I want is HOF Jason Kidd running the show in both games in Indiana .. in Kidd's NBA career its never been about scoring, with Kidd its always been about his guidance to lift his teammates confidence & skills in a game.

I also want the uptempo running Stat in this game to run with Shump for some lob passes from Kidd & Prig for easy fastbreak points.
I dont want Melo & JR slowing down the tempo for 48 minutes of the game -vs- a bigman Pacers team.

If we run the Pacers the next 3 games with a 9-man rotation we will be in the ECF...

Paul1355

All Star
All I want is HOF Jason Kidd running the show in both games in Indiana .. in Kidd's NBA career its never been about scoring, with Kidd its always been about his guidance to lift his teammates confidence & skills in a game.

I also want the uptempo running Stat in this game to run with Shump for some lob passes from Kidd & Prig for easy fastbreak points.
I dont want Melo & JR slowing down the tempo for 48 minutes of the game -vs- a bigman Pacers team.

If we run the Pacers the next 3 games with a 9-man rotation we will be in the ECF...
Kidd can't even hit a shot which means its like having 4 vs 5. We need some offense and Kidd needs to hit the open jumper or else we should just have Pablo take his minutes because Pablo is the same player but more athletic and is consistent with the outside shot

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Who knows maybe the game might be easier for our boys without JR, the way he's been brick laying of late.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Hoping STAT will have a big night (especially on rebounds) and prove all the doubters wrong. Crosses fingers*

metrocard

Legend
This is such an important game in the series.

We just need to win two road games and we'll be set to be in the best possible position.
I have confidence in the Knicks, but I'll be shocked if we take two road games back to game...but it'll be a good kind of shock.

I just hope for today we confuse the Pacers defensively and attack the ball.

When we pick up steals and force turnovers we are at our best. It totally demoralizes Indiana because offensively they're not good to begin with and if you take away their possessions they're hopeless in making a comeback on the offense.

Indiana is great defensively, but so are we.

This is a battle of who plays the best defense, scoring is so natural for us...it's just a matter who gets more ball possession.

Think of it like La Liga or Premier League Football...We need to be Real Madrid or the Spurs (Screw Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool)..take total ball control. We got this.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
This is such an important game in the series.

We just need to win two road games and we'll be set to be in the best possible position.
I have confidence in the Knicks, but I'll be shocked if we take two road games back to game...but it'll be a good kind of shock.

I just hope for today we confuse the Pacers defensively and attack the ball.

When we pick up steals and force turnovers we are at our best. It totally demoralizes Indiana because offensively they're not good to begin with and if you take away their possessions they're hopeless in making a comeback on the offense.

Indiana is great defensively, but so are we.

This is a battle of who plays the best defense, scoring is so natural for us...it's just a matter who gets more ball possession.

Think of it like La Liga or Premier League Football...We need to be Real Madrid or the Spurs (Screw Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool)..take total ball control. We got this.
Yea I agree on putting pressure on the defense for turnovers because I think that might be their main weak point. I just want to add that we should take only good shots and most of the FG's should be in the post. I'm looking for our guys to take some contact and draw fouls. We need to make them worry about fouling out so they we can open up on our offense. They'll have to put less pressure physically if their fouls start tallying up and plus it'll give us more extra point chances. The fake and extra pass inside the paint is going to be vital because Hibbert goes strait up with his arms when contesting a shot inside.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I hope Woody plays Shump 40 minutes and Pablo 30 tonight. I don't even wanna see Novak or Cope in the building