2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Game 3 / Knicks @ Pacers - 05/11 8:00 pm

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Why not? Defense is mostly effort.

Mostly, but you still have to acquire the skills like lateral quickness, smarts, and toughness especially on team defense. With Stat getting older and coming off of multiple knee injuries, I think it's pretty realistic to expect him not to improve on that end.

Which is pretty sad really considering his freak athleticism and passion for the game.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
There's absolutely nothing wrong iso, but you have keep the defense honest and use it amongst other things.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Mostly, but you still have to acquire the skills like lateral quickness, smarts, and toughness especially on team defense. With Stat getting older and coming off of multiple knee injuries, I think it's pretty realistic to expect him not to improve on that end.

Which is pretty sad really considering his freak athleticism and passion for the game.
That's true. I agree about defensive smarts not being his strong suit. I don't think he learned organized defense (team defense) before coming to the league.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Excellent 1st half from Melo. He let the game come to him and tried to get his teammates looks. Loved it. Still got 13 points, but efficiently.

Church! He was aggressive attacking the rack and looked to make the right play every time he got the ball. Luckily,' the whistles were chirping our way on that half. :thumbsup:

shemmue0311

Benchwarmer
We'll we played about as bad a half as you can play on the road,out rebounded by double digits, turned the ball over, shot horrible, but amazingly we are only down 3 so I will take it..Hope our shooting picks up in the 2nd. half and if we can get some of these rebounds we will have a good shot at taking this game. By the way the Pacers played so bad themselves they took their own crowd out of the game.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Yeah I'm glad Melo is on his game. Someone else needs to step up and help!

Yup. Dunno who we're gonna get it from though, with Jr sick with a fever and Felt nursing an ankle injury. It's gotta be a total team effort to get out of this game with a win.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Yup. Dunno who we're gonna get it from though, with Jr sick with a fever and Felt nursing an ankle injury. It's gotta be a total team effort to get out of this game with a win.
JR though, he made that one impossible shot. lol, hoping he'll make some more in.