Roy Hibbert vs. Rik Smits

finestrg

Rotation player
Who you guys taking here? Interesting comparison -- both skilled Indiana Pacer centers over 7 feet tall...I say Hibbert -- just feel he's a better rebounder and shot-blocker, quicker with more skills on the block. Dude was an all-star last year and he's still very young. No telling how good he'll wind up being. Good chance he'll get even better and I think he's already pretty damn good. As is, I think he's better than Smits in his prime...My buddy insists Smits was the better player however...Thoughts?

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Serious ?

I dont see where this is KNICKS related wtf. Is this what KO has become...... I need another site can anyone recommend a better site to GET REAL KNICKS NEWS.....

Who you guys taking here? Interesting comparison -- both skilled Indiana Pacer centers over 7 feet tall...I say Hibbert -- just feel he's a better rebounder and shot-blocker, quicker with more skills on the block. Dude was an all-star last year and he's still very young. No telling how good he'll wind up being. Good chance he'll get even better and I think he's already pretty damn good. As is, I think he's better than Smits in his prime...My buddy insists Smits was the better player however...Thoughts?

metrocard

Legend
Hibbert defensively is a beast. He's 7"2 280 who blocks and alter shots.

His offense has skills, but is streaky for a center. He shot 44% FG this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Pat Riley made Ewing, Oakley, and Anthony Mason the force to beat in the Finals.
Coach Larry Brown made Rik Smit a dominating factor having two strong-fowards name Davis.

The frontcourt rotation of Hibbert, West, and Hansbro makes the Pacers a decent 2nd round postseason team, the team is not a ECF team without Granger and a decent vet PG.

Coach Woodson is clueless as the man on the moon, the Knicks gave Woody the top #1 frontcourt big-man rotation of: "Tyson, Camby, Stat, and K-Mart" a frontcourt rotation that belong in the 2012-13 FINALS.
Someone has to convince Woody that Melo, Novak, and Copeland are SF in the playoff, and JR & Shump are SG in the playoffs .. before it gets to late.
Starting 3 guards (Felton/Prig/Shump) in the regular season could pass in the weak EC, starting 3 guards in the playoff is cluelessness after losing 4 games out of the last 6 games...
:crossfingers::gony::crossfingers:

metrocard

Legend
Small ball stinks, I'm with Kiyaman here.

Why can't Melo play with Amare and Chandler? We need high FG% players by the basket..not low FG% shooters away from the basketball (Felton, Smith, Kidd, and even Melo)

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Coach Pat Riley made Ewing, Oakley, and Anthony Mason the force to beat in the Finals.
Coach Larry Brown made Rik Smit a dominating factor having two strong-fowards name Davis.

The frontcourt rotation of Hibbert, West, and Hansbro makes the Pacers a decent 2nd round postseason team, the team is not a ECF team without Granger and a decent vet PG.

Coach Woodson is clueless as the man on the moon, the Knicks gave Woody the top #1 frontcourt big-man rotation of: "Tyson, Camby, Stat, and K-Mart" a frontcourt rotation that belong in the 2012-13 FINALS.
Someone has to convince Woody that Melo, Novak, and Copeland are SF in the playoff, and JR & Shump are SG in the playoffs .. before it gets to late.
Starting 3 guards (Felton/Prig/Shump) in the regular season could pass in the weak EC, starting 3 guards in the playoff is cluelessness after losing 4 games out of the last 6 games...
:crossfingers::gony::crossfingers:

Your smartest post in months... Vintage kiya

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Hibbert is better athletically, but Smits was more skilled offensively. In addition Smits ran up against more competition than Hibbert. Hibbert is more of a weak side defensive deterent than post up defender, that Smits had to do in his era. The better player, hard to cross eras, but swapping generations, I think Hibbert would be much more effective given he does have a solid post game and has the strength to guard post ups. Smits on the other hand, isn't quick enough to shuffle around paint to paint to catchup with weak side attacks at the rim. Plus in today's games how many times do we go to the post in a game....that's where Smits made his money. Crossing eras, Hibbert would be much more effective as a weakside defender, post up defender and post up game, where his size matches up nicely with the Kareems, Malones, Ewings.