Woodson is...

Red

TYPE-A
Flummoxed

Flabbergasted

Betwixt

Dumbfounded

Perplexed

He has no idea of what to do now that JR is misfiring. He has since unsuccessfully been unable to help JR regain confidence.

He is still tinkering with line-ups. And at times he's been thoroughly out-coached.

My confidence in coach is waning. This is as much of an indictment on him as anything. Indiana is a good measuring stick team if anything because they went up on MIA but still lost last year. Coach has to get it together and fast!

We'll know where he is when the 2nd half starts.

Last edited:

Number3

Benchwarmer
Im doneeee with woodsonnnn.. Cooeland hits a 3 and geta out... Woodson makes our knicks double so much.. That someone in the Pacers hit an wide open 3

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Woodson is nothing but a glorified assistant who works good in the regular season. He's a garbage head coach.

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
He has one more game to prove himself. Stop being stubborn and play the quality people on your bench. OR I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!!!!

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Some of you guys were saying Woodson was the COTY earlier in the season, saying he was a solid defensive coach and the team's success was due to him.

His adjustments haven't been that great but he has been doing what he could with the lineup he has. I agree that Prig should be played more...but other than that, it's really on the players. Especially the 'star' players that needs to take over. I'm calling out JR and Melo for chucking contested shots and not passing enough. They both had a combined 1 measly assist tonight. Felton is getting too many minutes...we need a better PG

fender0577

Rotation player
Some of you guys were saying Woodson was the COTY earlier in the season, saying he was a solid defensive coach and the team's success was due to him.

His adjustments haven't been that great but he has been doing what he could with the lineup he has. I agree that Prig should be played more...but other than that, it's really on the players. Especially the 'star' players that needs to take over. I'm calling out JR and Melo for chucking contested shots and not passing enough. They both had a combined 1 measly assist tonight. Felton is getting too many minutes...we need a better PG
Totally agree, while woody has dropped the ball, on the kidd and prigg issue, jr and melo have been the third and forth best players in this series, that's just unacceptable, period.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I'm not ready to say I want him gone but he needs to get his **** together next year. Unless we're gonna replace him with Sloan or one of the Van Gundy's there really isn't anyone better out there.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I don't want him gone, I do want him to be held accountable tho. Kidd can't play more than Prigs at this time. If JR isn't not hitting and playing withing the game plan, he has to sit. Novak Copeland need more playing time. 15 minutes at least. And I'll also go to say, if Amare can (if the doctors say he can) give more than 10-12 minutes, then play him more. There are a lot of things in this series that fall on the shoulders of the players(rebounding being the main one) but Coach Woodson needs to know that his bench consist of more than Kidd and Smith

CA7

Scoring Champ
I love Woodson but we need more creativity on the offense end and I'm not referring to ISO-ball or ball movement but today and the past 2 games I seen Melo make an effort to move the ball but guys were not in position to make anything happen because the offense is vanilla as hell

I would kill to get either Mike Malone from Golden State, Brian Shaw from Indiana or Mike Budenholzer from San Antonio. All 3 bring what we need to the table. If not then Woodson needs to hire and offensive consultant and let him work the X's and O's

bigapple

Starter
completely disagree with you all. Its matter of player there is no team play. JR where is JR? from 6th man to slump.

Knicks stopped shooting 3s. Bad shot decision

only mistake from Woodson is bad bench choice where is Barron where is Q Rich Where is Camby.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
I blame Woody only for not making the necessary adjustments fast enough (substitutions and changes to the defensive). And mostly for keeping his pet in the game for way too long. JR should have been so deep on the bench that he should never have taken his sweats off! The rest I put on the team as no one save for Melo has done too much of anything offensively.

p0nder

Starter
A lot of pressure on woodson to make things work. Melo is getting no help out on the floor from most of his teammates. Felton has been playing well but he needs to be paired with Pablo more often. It's tougher on defense but it makes the knicks back court way more dangerous. Kidd can not hit an open 3 and we need offense to come from somewhere other then Melo who is getting triple teamed. We also need Amar'e to play more minutes and to play smarter. He stepped into the game and had 3 fouls alsot immediately.

They beat up on Indiana last night and instead of trying to get even on the score board, they were getting even with fists and hard fouls and dirty looks. The knicks need to get back to doing what they do best on offense, hitting the 3 and getting scorers in rhythm. They also need the bench to come alive.

Defensively they have to get away from doubling in the post and let Tyson Chandler and KMart work it out against Hibbert and West. Indy's 3's are dropping in and we need to stay at home on their shooters and be able to collapse on the dribble drives. Indy doesn't have a great offensive team but our coaching is leaving holes wide open. Adjustments need to be made and though the series isn't over the knicks have dug a pretty deep hole against a good defensive team. It doesn't look good.

Our saving grace is here on the team though. I know Melo will come through with a legendary performance at MSG and you can expect JR to feel more at home too. If the knicks can get some 3 point shooting (Felton, Melo, JR, Pablo, Novak, Copeland, Qrich) and something from Kmart and Amar'e inside then the Knicks should win.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
- double team avery defensive possession in the paint, which leads to open threes opportunities;
- not playing healthy Camby while we're in desperate need of rebounding and muscle;
- limiting Copeland's and Prigioni's minutes while they clearly contribute;
- giving useless STAT any playing time;
- keeping unproductive Smith in the game.

These are the issues Woodson should take blame for, but it doesn't necessarily means this lack of adjustments lost us G3 and G4.

- Anthony not delivering, playing way below expectations;
- Chandler playing soft;
- Smith struggling offensively;
- Amare doing nothing beside constantly getting in the foul trouble;
- Kidd running around without a clue;
- whole team acting immature and unprofessional;
- Indiana being one of the best defensive teams in the league.

In my opinion these are the key factors that put us in this difficult situation. Wooodson is helluva coach, but with our major weapons being close to useless there is nothing to do.

Kiyaman

Legend
Woody does what Melo tell him to do .. coach Karl did what Melo told him to do .. Melo's teammates follow Melo wishes throughout a 82 game season, but when postseason arrives Melo's teammates want to go FISHING!!!

DrB

Benchwarmer
Woody does what Melo tell him to do .. coach Karl did what Melo told him to do .. Melo's teammates follow Melo wishes throughout a 82 game season, but when postseason arrives Melo's teammates want to go FISHING!!!
Look it's true that the 19 million dollar a year player stays and COACHES go..but this thread has rediculoius comments..some one asked where's CAMBY , Q RICH and othe others talk about KIDD and PRIG...these players are NOT CHAMPIONSHIP players. Miamis second sting can beat most first strings. This playoff was SIMPLE as the KNICKS WERE OUT REBOUNDED..50's to 30's last game..MELO and JR got good looks and couldn't hit. As for FELTON he WAS EXPOSED by a tough D that did not let him get to the hole. The achievements this year were remarkable but there are 5 teams in the west and it appears at least 2 or maybe 3 in the EAST that are better.
The experiment of OLD SUPER STARS on the cheap is a failure. J. KIDD threw up a BRICK and was laughing on the bench with 2 min or less to go in the game. Just givr him his 3 million, Novak his 4 million, and Camby his 4 million {who never played} . And then folks look to K MART , CAMBY , STAT , and Q RICH whose combined minutes were ZIP ...to save us. Knicks were not stopped from getting good looks ..they just choked and could not score the ball or REBOUND it either.

DrB

Benchwarmer
I love Woodson but we need more creativity on the offense end and I'm not referring to ISO-ball or ball movement but today and the past 2 games I seen Melo make an effort to move the ball but guys were not in position to make anything happen because the offense is vanilla as hell

I would kill to get either Mike Malone from Golden State, Brian Shaw from Indiana or Mike Budenholzer from San Antonio. All 3 bring what we need to the table. If not then Woodson needs to hire and offensive consultant and let him work the X's and O's
Let's be FAIR....Knicks win their DIVISION...they CAPTURE Home court for the Playoffs FIRST AND SECOND ROUNDS and Go to the Second Round by beating BOSTON. There's not a Knick fan who would not have taken that Pre season and just because Melo and Stat talk about CHAMPIONSHIPS they are full of ****. If the Knicks get past the Pacers they will be embarrassed by the HEAT who without LEBRON and DWADE could beat the KNICKS.
So instead of finger pointing...at Melo...at JR...and Chandler and WOODSON...know that this OLD team like BOSTON needs to be revamped. Camby, Q Rich , And KMart {who saved our season} and NOVAK whose useless and J KIDD and PRIG are not winning a championship..EVER. This team must be rebuilt around MELO, STAT, and CHANDLER. I like FELTON but there are 10 point guards in the NBA who better. So after our BIG 3 ...everyone is expendable...here's the problem ..they make 53 MIllion which is more than many NBA teams.....EWING had MJ the Knicks have LeBRON and CO and they are not winning championships. Lets thank them for a miracle season of 54 WINS and not beat them up over this PACERS series. The players you mentioned are not championship players either.....BRIAN SHAW...BUDENHOLZER...lol. Bosch , Allen, Cole, Battier, BIRDMAN and the Miami bench...could beat the Knicks. You want players...Get me CURRY for starters...lol. You DO NOT WIN WITH A 3 GUARD OFFENSE IN THE NBA....EVER.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think we've needed to have been playing Novak. We went with him all year. He helps to space the floor and can make an open three.

I also think he's gone with JR too long in many instances. Cope probably deserves a share of his minutes at this point.

Woodson should not worry about offending or damaging JR's ego. He should do what's best for the team. If Ginobili was stinking it up like this do you think Popovich would play him?? No, he'd be glued to the bench.

I don't know why you start Iman if he's ailing either. He didn't look good out there at all. We got good results going with Prigs. Start him. I don't know why he didn't get any minutes off the bench.

Kidds looks done. I don't know what Woodson sees in him at this point.

We also need to stop going under screens, and I don't know why we were doubling Hibbert to start the game. That was ridiculous. We went with that strategy for too long even though it was clearly not working. Hibbert has had some good games but he def is not that type of dude. Let Chandler play him straight up. When we rotated over to him Indiana quickly moved the basketball to find open shooters.

skisloper

Starter
JR will play 31 minutes if he is having an off game
JR will play 39 minutes if he is on...
Woody believes as gamblers do if you keep doubling down eventually you will win...He figures JR will get hot sooner or later...
An absolutely disgraceful way to coach.
Prigioni 3 minutes.......Moronic.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Anthony needs to move back to the 3 spot next year. We're getting outrebounded every night, offensive boards are killing us, Hibbert has a full 10 feet clearance at the o boards each time. Why, defensive breakdowns, Hibbert sets a pick, all year we've switched out on it, now we don't, Kidd gets lost, he should have bodied up Hibbert immediately, kept him from the paint after the pick, he still tried to chase the ball, with Tyson perfectly in front of him defensively keeping him at bay, Kidd should have bodied up Hibbert. That is one problem. We don't have a 4 that can match up with West. If you can't count on Camby during the season....then as you can see you can't count on him now. That's a huge problem against Indy, you need a 2nd center behind Tyson, god bless KMart, but he ain't a center.

mafra

Legend
Woody needs to explain why he played Priggs only 3 minutes, yet stuck with KIDD for 18 minutes? Priggs has played well, while Jason has gone 8 games without scoring (and only had 3 points the game he did score 9 post season games ago). Meanwhile, Indy's PG, George HIll, had a game high 26 points and killed us. Why, why, why woody... why?