2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Game 5 / Knicks vs Pacers - 05/16 8:00 pm

skisloper

Starter
THANK GOD.....Yeah

Nice let you look at the box score and see + next to all the Knicks that played tonight......
Woody did a good job even though we missed so many jobs....

Moments...
JR diving on the floor and calling timeout rather throw the ball away,
JR getting fouled with 2 seconds left on a crazy 3 pointer when its usually him doing the fouling...
Lance Stephenson being sent to the floor and crowd cheeering like the old days...

Thank God Chandlers dunk went in....

Now lets pray for a game 7.

CoolClyde

the only thing Wood Son did different was play Hopeland more and Kidd less.

this team is predicated on Melo's play, whether he's hitting in the iso or not.
he hardly EVER passes out of the iso, so is Wood Son supposed to tell Melo
to pass more, or just keep shooting his way out of his 4Q slump and beyond?

looks like JR's rass*hole hangover is gone, that's something to build upon.

the Pacers did not own the boards tonite, but still got too many o-bounds.
will Gumby get any run whatsoever this series to see if he can out-rebound
Hibberto and West, dammit?

this series will be won on the boards. if Tyson's hurt, we may have a problem,
but then again, KMart and Camby could be our saving grace.

will Kidd remain scoreless the entire series, or make a layup?

will Prigioni be a forgotten man or get serious run?

can STAT keep rehabbing for more minutes? I liked most of his play tonite,
other than some rusty butterfingers.

and of course, the play of Knicks' 2 leading scorers, Carmelo Tony and JR Swish.
as goes their play, so goes the season. can their basketball athleticism rise
above their bball IQ's? only time will tell.

Cope = Hope.

DrB

Benchwarmer
I owe Cope an apology. After he looked shook against Boston I said I didn't want him getting any minutes but he really stepped up today. He should get all of Kidd's minutes and be in front of Amare in the rotation. Kidd has been nothing but a liability since game 2 of the Celtics series.
Kidd does alott of things not seen on a stat sheet....but he's been in a slump. When did he throw bad passes in the regular season like he's done twice in the last 2 games prior to game 5....If Hill is out again because of his concussion than Woodson should play the second unit in the 2nd quarter....K MART,COPELAND NOVACK, PRIGONI, and JR...you have 3 guys that score the ball and defend well enough. STAT is just not ready health wise but if a 10-12 lead occurs he can get his minutes. HERE"S THE BOTTOM LINE ..if the KNICKS WIN IN INDIANA which they have not dopne all year they will take the series.

DrB

Benchwarmer
What we need to do...

The only reason we're down in this series is because game one at the garden was a day game. If that game was on prime time we would have won...
The ONLY reason we are down in this series is because INDIANA won three games....say what you will.
WHAT WE NEED TO DO....is play lock down D for 4 quarters....and Felton and Copeland should be aggressive in taking their shots.....SHUMPERT goes from spectacular to absent ...sometimes in the same game. He was fouled hard 3 times and got NO CALLS.
In this GAME we were the THUGS...ask STEPHENSON....and WEST. If Hill is out..then the PACERS are minus GRANGER, and HILL which is more than OKC missing Westbrook.

PRIG drives gets open and should shoot the tear drop.

This time WE GOT THE CALLS...like JR's heave was not in the act of shooting.
TYSON and JR should not get "T's" anymore.
I was a pure shooter and trust me Melo's shoulder is hurting his shooting is effected. I can see weird ball rotation on some of his shots....and you could have made a negative highlight film on his three lousy pocessions in a row before hitting a shot. When he gets the ball in the flow at his favorite spots he can be deadly even with his painful shoulder. Again too much ISO MELO....With a great defender like CAMBY he should back up TYSON at the Center slot and Stat can back up Shumpert. . K Mart SAVED OUR SEASON...played a solid game and made FREE THROWS.
LASTLY, we are not getting any easy shots in the paint except for FELTON.

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
05b8335da14fbfe9097cfa7f0ad9fc1b.png

skisloper

Starter
The ONLY reason we are down in this series is because INDIANA won three games....say what you will.
WHAT WE NEED TO DO....is play lock down D for 4 quarters....and Felton and Copeland should be aggressive in taking their shots.....SHUMPERT goes from spectacular to absent ...sometimes in the same game. He was fouled hard 3 times and got NO CALLS.
In this GAME we were the THUGS...ask STEPHENSON....and WEST. If Hill is out..then the PACERS are minus GRANGER, and HILL which is more than OKC missing Westbrook.

PRIG drives gets open and should shoot the tear drop.

This time WE GOT THE CALLS...like JR's heave was not in the act of shooting.
TYSON and JR should not get "T's" anymore.
I was a pure shooter and trust me Melo's shoulder is hurting his shooting is effected. I can see weird ball rotation on some of his shots....and you could have made a negative highlight film on his three lousy pocessions in a row before hitting a shot. When he gets the ball in the flow at his favorite spots he can be deadly even with his painful shoulder. Again too much ISO MELO....With a great defender like CAMBY he should back up TYSON at the Center slot and Stat can back up Shumpert. . K Mart SAVED OUR SEASON...played a solid game and made FREE THROWS.
LASTLY, we are not getting any easy shots in the paint except for FELTON.

What Woodson needs to yell his players and himself ...if Hibbert or George have 4 falls then they must drive at him...After his 4th George guarded JR abd yet Knicks did not get the ball to JYR and when they did he would not drive.......After georges's 5th he told the coach not to take him out but he was taken out anyway.....

Get Hibbert and George in foul trouble early and get them on the bench and out of the game...

Kiyaman

Legend
What Woodson needs to yell his players and himself ...if Hibbert or George have 4 falls then they must drive at him...After his 4th George guarded JR abd yet Knicks did not get the ball to JYR and when they did he would not drive.......After georges's 5th he told the coach not to take him out but he was taken out anyway.....

Get Hibbert and George in foul trouble early and get them on the bench and out of the game...

At the start of Game-3 our playmaker PG-Felton main-role was to direct our offense at getting Hibbert, George, and Hill into early foul-trouble, we need Felton to step-up his performance to 6 ast and 2 steals per game with double-digit scoring vs Pacers .. Woodson suppose to substitute the right players in the game to help Felton's main-role .
Copeland is a must need player in this series to rub elbows with Hibbert, West, and Hansbro to average a couple of offensive-rebounds, plus give some hard rookie fouls to take some pressure off of Tyson & Martin being the only bigman help.

This series is about "TEAM-BALLIN" with the best team-defense winning the series .. the Knicks taking control over the defensive-rebounds will give the Knicks a big edge over the Pacers 39% fg shooting in the series.
The Media headlines for the Knicks Game-5 win should have went to Rookie Copeland's tenacity.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did u cheer for kidd kiya.... Guess we need melo more.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kidd did his job this season by giving us a 50 win season, winning the Atlantic Division Title, plus recruiting his ex-FINALS-teammate-Kenyon Martin to take us on a 13 game winning streak .. to expect more from a 40 year old player is actually taking Kidd for granted. Especially when all the media headlines for the Knicks Game-5 win are on "Melo's 28 points beat the Pacers to stay alive.", when we all know it was a strong team effort on defense and rebounding 40-43 which gave us the win.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya, that's the real exhale...it was a combo of your long bench and my Melo- iso that won this one....two great tastes that taste great together:)

:agreed:
Melo leading the scoring with a strong team effort on the boards & defense, plus the team strategy of gettin both George & Hibbert in deep foul trouble by the 4th quarter became a success for a Knicks Game-5 win.
:thumbsup::gony: :thumbsup:

Paul1355

All Star
Copeland came through just like me and so many other fans predicted. Woodson has to trust him
because he is offensively efficient on a team with ineffecient players in Jr, Kidd, and Chandler

tiger0330

Legend
no Hill = easier to beat Pacers?

Wilbon says even after concusion he wont be 100% in game 6
If he's not 100% he won't play. Could be Hill doesn't play for the rest of the series depending on when he can pass the concussion tests given by the NBA. Kaman was out for over 3 weeks with his concussion and Kidd-Gilchrist was out 6 days with his.

I would say there's a good chance Hill doesn't play in game 6 and may miss the rest of the series just based on the average time a player is out with a concussion.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This would be huge for us. Agree there's a good chance Hill won't play game 6.

If he's not 100% he won't play. Could be Hill doesn't play for the rest of the series depending on when he can pass the concussion tests given by the NBA. Kaman was out for over 3 weeks with his concussion and Kidd-Gilchrist was out 6 days with his.

I would say there's a good chance Hill doesn't play in game 6 and may miss the rest of the series just based on the average time a player is out with a concussion.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, it's always some bad news when players suffer various injuries eventually ending their seasons... but from the Knicks standpoint, we couldn't recieve any better information from the Pacers camp. Hill was clearly bothering [and limiting] Ray the entire series, not to mention Indy's struggling offense just lost a lot of its firepower.

bigapple

Starter
Knicks lost Ewing in 99 finals so they couldnt compete with Spurs so when u have main power of shooting rebouding and blocking done for series so it was big blow.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks lost Ewing in 99 finals so they couldnt compete with Spurs so when u have main power of shooting rebouding and blocking done for series so it was big blow.

Good Reminder .. Ewing got injured in the first game of the 2nd round series vs Indiana, and Camby, Kurt, Larry Johnson, Spree, Houston, and Childs took away Indiana Pacers home court advantage by winning the series in Game-6.

It's Saturday afternoon .. where is Game-6 GAME-THREAD ??? Rady? LOL?