rady

Administrator
Staff member
playoffs_header.png

I'm a bit caught up with some unfinished job, i'll get back to this by tipoff

Game 5, Do or die!

metrocard

Legend
sigh....this could be it folks, lets hope we come out strong because losing 4-1 is the worst thing ever and Knicks should look to rebuild if this happens. I rather lose with pride at 4-3.

Win or lose tonight, my first concern is that we play a better brand of basketball from top to bottom. If we lose tonight and lose because we continue to be dysfunctional in nearly every way, we will be lost going into the offseason and possibly make some of those characteristic Knicks offseason mistakes we've been making for the last decade or so.

That said, I think we can take this one tonight. We just need to find the magic again. Let's go Knicks!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Not so fast my friends!!!! I forgot about 95' when the Knicks came back from a similar situation against the same Pacers. We just need to win a game. Sounds simple but it's true. Then the Pacers will be feeling the heat. I hope the Garden is a madhouse tonight. It's Knicks Pride time.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Brutal stat for NYK: Roy Hibbert has twice as many offensive rebounds (22) in the series as Tyson Chandler has defensive rebounds (11).

Not so fast my friends!!!! I forgot about 95' when the Knicks came back from a similar situation against the same Pacers. We just need to win a game. Sounds simple but it's true. Then the Pacers will be feeling the heat. I hope the Garden is a madhouse tonight. It's Knicks Pride time.

Very true. Good point. Let's go Knicks!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
GTFO!!

Brutal stat for NYK: Roy Hibbert has twice as many offensive rebounds (22) in the series as Tyson Chandler has defensive rebounds (11).

That said, we're going back to Prigs in the starting lineup which is good. Was stupid for Woodson to go against something we've been doing all year in playing Melo at the 4. Felton needs a good game. JR needs a good game. Guys need to make shots.

I think we need to play either Cope or Novak to help w floor spacing. The team needs to move the ball and defend solidly 1:1, no doubling.

If we do the above we'll be fine.

jimkcchief88

All Star
GTFO!!

That said, we're going back to Prigs in the starting lineup which is good. Was stupid for Woodson to go against something we've been doing all year in playing Melo at the 4. Felton needs a good game. JR needs a good game. Guys need to make shots.

I think we need to play either Cope or Novak to help w floor spacing. The team needs to move the ball and defend solidly 1:1, no doubling.

Agreed. Reppin to the fullest hoping our boys can live to die another day. New Knicks Marvel Spidey fit(check), Puma 70's Cool Clyde kicks(check), Melo Swingman jersey(check)....Lets go Knicks!!!!!

paris401

Starter
GTFO!!

novak is 'useless'.. the pacer "D" will be bumping and pushing him out to 1/2 court... not to mention he is less then 'useless' on "D"...

tiger0330

Legend
We lost that series in Game 7 but the comparison is similar. The Pacers took a 3-1 lead in the series and the Knicks won the next 2 forcing a game 7, unfortunately this wasn't one of the 8 Cinderella stories where a team was down 3-1 and won the series.

The boys are going have to shoot lights out from 3 to beat this Pacer team and play lock down D forcing mad turnovers to compensate for the rebounding advantage they have.

jimkcchief88

All Star
We lost that series in Game 7 but the comparison is similar. The Pacers took a 3-1 lead in the series and the Knicks won the next 2 forcing a game 7, unfortunately this wasn't one of the 8 Cinderella stories where a team was down 3-1 and won the series.

The boys are going have to shoot lights out from 3 to beat this Pacer team and play lock down D forcing mad turnovers to compensate for the rebounding advantage they have.

Yep we were within a Ewing fingeroll of coming all the way back:(. I had literally erased that one from my memory banks until I was reminded this morning. It's just good to be back in the conversation instead of on the outside looking in. The playoffs are a process....

skisloper

Starter
Yep we were within a Ewing fingeroll of coming all the way back:(. I had literally erased that one from my memory banks until I was reminded this morning. It's just good to be back in the conversation instead of on the outside looking in. The playoffs are a process....

I am sure that Ewing miss is what they are playing over and over in the Pacer locker room tonight.....nothing like seeing the Knicks walk off the court for that game......Reggie Milers 30/30 espn shows that play over and over again....

lets just win tonight..........Losing and its over....thats depressing..