Knicks @ Pacers [G6 ECSF] 5/18/13 8:00PM

knicksin60

Starter
The Knicks are what they are...a team that is built to get knocked out of the second round. I have been saying this for a long time.
Their 54 regular season wins fooled no one but the Kool-Aid drinking Knicks fans. Acquiring Carcus Camby, a mediocre Raymond Felton, and a 105 year old Jason Kidd during the offseason wasn't going to turn a team that was embarrassed in the first round last year to a championship winner this year.
Mike Woodson is a good regular season coach but he gets easily out-coached in the playoffs by coaches with a superior IQ than him.
Hopefully this playoff series puts to rest all the JR Smith/John Starks comparisons. Aside from game 7 of the 1994 finals, John Starks showed more heart and grit in the playoffs than JR will in his entire life.
This team wasn’t going to beat Miami in the ECF with what they were showing you out there. As much as I hate to say it, the Heat would have destroyed this team and knocked them out in 5 or 6 games. Edit: Why do my posts come out looking sloppy like this? Haven't been able to single space my posts for a long time here.

Last edited:

bogey1964

Rookie
Not blaming it all on the refs because we should not have left it in there hands..... Butt last three games free throws 109 to 49 that is ridiculous

Rob Low

Rotation player
Doesn't matter, clutch ballers pick up where they left off... but it's Melo, iso hero ball, lack of winner mentality, no team player. I know it sounds harsh, but it was supposed to be his game... and he failed when it counted the most. It's just a disgrace, we've got a $20M choker, a $20M bench warmer and a $15M immature bitch. Woody didn't do much either, failed to realize Amare and Kidd are both useless, failed to understand JR is chucking us away from the playoffs, didn't play Novak when we needed someone to spread the floor, didn't play Camby while we were in some desperate need for rebounding. This team is a mess. It was supposed to be the year, but we got spanked in the 2nd round.

GTFO with this nonsense. Melo brought us back(along with Shump) and Woody took him out when he was hot and cooled him off. He was out there with one shoulder banging with West and Hibbert and didn't complain once. This loss is on Woody,Tyson, and Jr

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
wtf guys, it was the melo show all first 3 quarters. if it wasnt for melo carrying the team there wouldnt even be hope in the 4th

Well if he is going to carry the team for three quarters then he has to show up for the forth.He didn't show up and all he done was CHOKE!! This team will never win a nba title with this guy b/c he thinks its all about him and its not.To win a title you have to play team ball and with melo on this team it will never happen until he is gone.

The Knicks are what they are...a team that is built toget knocked out of the second round. I have been saying this for a long time.
Their 54 regular season wins fooled no one but theKool-Aid drinking Knicks fans. Acquiring Carcus Camby, a mediocre RaymondFelton, and a 105 year old Jason Kidd during the offseason wasn't going to turna team that was embarrassed in the first round last year to a championshipwinner this year.
Mike Woodson is a good regular season coach but he getseasily outcoached in the playoffs by coaches with a superior IQ than him.
Hopefully this playoff series puts to rest all the JRSmith/John Starks comparisons. Aside from game 7 of the 1994 finals, JohnStarks showed more heart and grit in the playoffs than JR will in his entirelife.
This team wasn’t going to beat Miami in the ECF with whatthey were showing you out there. As much as I hate to say it, the Heat wouldhave destroyed this team and knocked them out in 5 or 6 games.

Yup. It's simple, you either are a contender or a team with a clear blueprint to become one. Or you aren't.

Knick fans played for fools by Dolan & Co again.

MIA has three superstars taking lessons than max playing well together.

Knicks have a max player who can't stay on the court and who has played with our other max, Melo, like they were born to be enemies on the court. Not Co existing superstars.

^this fact alone should just put a chill into NYK fans and make us (yall) put down your bravado and drink a nice tall glass of Diet Wake The **** Up.

My words on this forum have never been about hate. It's out of love.

EDIT - after living and breathing NYK through Isiah years, I simply demand better than being fed sub-contending bull**** wrapped up in pretty bows and hype. Is what it is, like KNICKS60 said

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
hibbert was biggest difference maker and a big-ass flopper. he drew tc attention on defence opened up some easy layups. woody should had played camby and tc. damn I miss kt and sheed.

petescud

Starter
Melo was exhausted and made those 2 t/o late in the game, and see ya next year....things are going to get interesting asince we have no cap space again

jimkcchief88

All Star
His missed alleyoop was an embarassment...

Yep anyone who thinks this on Melo is crazy....TC "All NBA Defensive team" lol got killed by Hibbert. We need to somehow package STAT/TC and get a real man in the middle. Maybe Portland or some other dumb team can bail us outta some baaaaad contracts

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
You just don't trade the NBA scoring champ for a big, unless it's Shaq in his prime...

If you want to win you will... you would get not just one great player but probably two and some guys to come off the bench. We traded our whole team away just for melo.If you want to win you would make the trade.

dragon434

Rookie
We might have been better off with freaking kurt thomas as our center. Tyson looses his cool so easily and makes ****head foul calls all the time

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Disappointing ending, but a good season........ This team just needs a midrange scorer or wing (rotation) defender to get to the next level....... This team lived by the three, and ultimately died by the three. (The disparity in FTA in this last game was because the Pacers attacked the basket, the Knicks settled for outside shots.) If the defense is pounding Melo and JR is off, the team lacks a reliable third and fourth option. The team can once again use another rebounder off the bench.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Let's face it, Indiana is just a better team, quicker, more physical, more motivated, better coached.
The were just too big , too powerful and had the refs in their pockets but the bottom line is the beat the KNICKS four times...they were better. Thannk you Knicks for play your hearts out...Chandler was over matched by Hibbert..one of the few big men that could do that.

LeFlume

All Star
If you want to win you will... you would get not just one great player but probably two and some guys to come off the bench. We traded our whole team away just for melo.If you want to win you would make the trade.

No, bigs is something you find in the draft and in free agency.....Superstars is something you keep, at all cost.