Off-Season Keepers and Additions

Paul1355

All Star
Who should we keep and who should we add?

I believe we need to keep:

Felton
Prigioni
Shumpert
Melo
Copeland
Martin

without a doubt, anyone else in my opinion should retire or is expendable.

Add:

Chris Paul is prize addition.

A consistent 3 point shooting 2 guard.

A PG that can penetrate to the basket.

SIZE: We need defensive rebounding big men the most

Last edited:

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
There's no chance we could sign a max gut like Paul with our cap other than sign and trade right?

I think we will need to ad size and a consistent 2 guard.

knicksin60

Starter
The Knicks need to convince Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby and Amar'e Stoudemire to retire. Let JR Smith walk away in free agency. Trade Tyson Chandler, Steve Novak and Raymond Felton. Try and sign K-Mart for one more year. The only players that should be in the Knicks' long term plan are Melo, Shumpert, Prigioni, and Copeland.

LeFlume

All Star
We're stucked with Camby and Kidd for 2 more years. Novak and Felton for 3 more years. We're ****ED. This was the year...Our team was build to make a run now... Future is anything but bright..:boohoo:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
we need to stop playing small ball and get either amare going or trade him for anything, picks, a big body who can rebound

Wargames

Starter
Knicks need to target Steisma this off season Wolves are likely going to cut him. Knicks should pacakge the ronnie brewer second rounder and some expirings to the wolves and pick that guy up to be the full time back up. The knicks need reliable (younger) size and he is underrated right now having played for the Wolves. I really doubt any of the center prospects fall to the knicks at 24 so I think they should focus on getting the best overall player available with that pick to add overall depth.

Also the knicks got to trade Novak.... Not because he is bad. I actually think he is good, but him DNP most of the playoffs means the knicks need to get a guy who can get minutes under Woodson. Who for idk, the knicks would have to trade him to a team that needs outside scoring and unfortunately his salary doesn't quite add up to anyone else's so the knicks would likely have to take on salary.

wian

Benchwarmer
I am a massive knicks fan, but the knicks management are seriously Dick Heads for who they have let go and who they have signed ! Their attitude is to buy quick championships, which is just stupid. you need patience , draft well and stop bringing in old hacks from other clubs who have had their day in the sun. Kidd, Stat, Chandler etc should never have been recruited. Look at all the awesome young kids we lost for those players?

Now we are totally ****ed - Got a team full of old hacks who need to retire , and we have hardly any youth ! Just stupidity as far as i am concerned !

we should be looking to have a prolonged period of success over 5-7 years, rather than buy single championships here and there ! until we learn this and the management changes their strategy, we wont ever win a championship sadly IMO

Wargames

Starter
I am a massive knicks fan, but the knicks management are seriously Dick Heads for who they have let go and who they have signed ! Their attitude is to buy quick championships, which is just stupid. you need patience , draft well and stop bringing in old hacks from other clubs who have had their day in the sun. Kidd, Stat, Chandler etc should never have been recruited. Look at all the awesome young kids we lost for those players?

Now we are totally ****ed - Got a team full of old hacks who need to retire , and we have hardly any youth ! Just stupidity as far as i am concerned !

we should be looking to have a prolonged period of success over 5-7 years, rather than buy single championships here and there ! until we learn this and the management changes their strategy, we wont ever win a championship sadly IMO

Another reason the knicks need to try to move stuff around in order to keep Copeland

Shump, Copeland (aka NY's Brandon Rush), and this years rookie need to be the young depth the knicks build upon come 2015 and all those expirings come off the books.

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
that was better year than Denver look @ that Denver with Karl 60 wins and done for 9th time in 1st round

i am worry mostly bout COpe i dont want him leave.

Knicks were oldest team that passed 1st round and they were simply close to east finals vs heat Indy will not win vs heat they got nothing to say none of them have playoffs experience they just used weaknes of Knicks under glass

DrB

Benchwarmer
Who should we keep and who should we add?

I believe we need to keep:

Felton
Prigioni
Shumpert
Melo
Copeland
Martin

without a doubt, anyone else in my opinion should retire or is expendable.

Add:

Chris Paul is prize addition.

A consistent 3 point shooting 2 guard.

A PG that can penetrate to the basket.

SIZE: We need defensive rebounding big men the most
If you want a team that will only make the PLAYOFFS and maybe win in round 1 then everyone but MELO and SHUMPERT are tradeable....Felton was exposed by HILL to be a zero in crunch time. PRIGIONI was supposed to a bench player getting 15 min tops...He can't drive to basket and his offense is poor. His defense is good to very good in the regular season as he plays alott of .500 teams or less. He cheap and made 484,000. Copeland may hit the free agency but I hope he stays.Martin and Amare are not the players of their youth...their best days are behind them. We are stuck with Amare's contract. So rebuilding this team must involve a Chandler, Novak , Martin or Copeland trade package for good fits of atheletisim and youth.

DrB

Benchwarmer

Perfectly stated whether down under or here it's just that obvious.

DrB

Benchwarmer
we need to stop playing small ball and get either amare going or trade him for anything, picks, a big body who can rebound
They shopped Amare all summer. He is uninsurable and his knees have had it. He looked terrible ion GAME 6 and while he was productive in the regular season off the bench he's a 19 million dollar sub. No NBA team wants him..PERIOD.

DrB

Benchwarmer
We're stucked with Camby and Kidd for 2 more years. Novak and Felton for 3 more years. We're ****ED. This was the year...Our team was build to make a run now... Future is anything but bright..:boohoo:
Can't add a thing to a perfect 3 sentence right on summary.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Knicks need to target Steisma this off season Wolves are likely going to cut him. Knicks should pacakge the ronnie brewer second rounder and some expirings to the wolves and pick that guy up to be the full time back up. The knicks need reliable (younger) size and he is underrated right now having played for the Wolves. I really doubt any of the center prospects fall to the knicks at 24 so I think they should focus on getting the best overall player available with that pick to add overall depth.

Also the knicks got to trade Novak.... Not because he is bad. I actually think he is good, but him DNP most of the playoffs means the knicks need to get a guy who can get minutes under Woodson. Who for idk, the knicks would have to trade him to a team that needs outside scoring and unfortunately his salary doesn't quite add up to anyone else's so the knicks would likely have to take on salary.
You suggestions do not build a championship team. The Knicks will ride Amare, Novak , Kidd, and Camby who should politely walk away but won't because they make 19 million, 4 million, 3 million, and 4.5 million respectively. They are 3 has beens and a NEVER WAS NOVAK.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
CP3 would not work salary wise. He's definately looking at a max contract, which I believe is $100M/5 [or $80M/4, either way around $20M/year]. Our salaries for the next season already burn $76.4M [which will be probably around $16M over the cap]. In order to get Paul we'd have to get rid of Amare or Chandler + some role players, which seems impossible. Amare has no value at this point, his last two season were a disgrace, maybe if he was an expiring contract we could trade him somewhere for some prospects, but with 2 years and $40M left I don't see any GM willing to sign such a garbage player. Even Colangelo wouldn't make that call. :lol:
Chandler on the other hand is absolutely tradable. However I don't think we should try to shop him, even despite his playoffs blamage. But even if we were trying to ship him we'd have to add some pieces to that package and except of Felton and Shump we've got noone who has enough basketball value. It wouldn't also be comprehensible to trade any of them, Shump is a future star and a top notch defender and Ray brings as much PG quality as we can get for $4M/year.
IMO our top priority should be getting rid of Novak, Camby and Kidd which would free up additional $10.1M cap room. We could force both Camby and Kidd to retire, though I'm not quite sure if it'd allow us to wipe their contracts of the books. Also, I don't know what to do with JR, he's still the 6th man of the year and could really help us if he was able to get his **** together. It'd be great if we could pick that Schroeder kid, solid ball handler, great defender, good shooter, very physical point guard. He's now projected to get selected around the 12th pick (we've got the 24th), but who knows, maybe Grunwald can make some calls and get as an early pick.

skisloper

Starter
We have 6 months until the pre-season.....
This board begins to blow when you hear the following :

1. " We need to get rid of Stat "............Stat will be a knick for the next 2 seasons. He has an uninsured and a contract that nobody would take ( nobody ..........In 2 years he will be gone end of story.

2. No team is taking Novak...........he shoots 3's and nothing else.......so does Battier, Copeland, Miller and many others.....His signing a mistake.....the ONLY team that may take him is Dumbtonio's Lakers.

3. Felton.........again no team would tarde for him there is no reason...he will be the Knicks starting PG next season...

4. Prigioni will not come back to the Knicks.....Woodson is too erratic.

5. Maybe we try and trade TC but what he lacks offensively is disgraceful and not sure what teams will do....

Maybe a trade Grant Hill, Chris Paul, Deandre Jordan and first rounder for Melo and Chandler

Line-up for 2013 start.
Felton
Shump
Melo
Copeland
TC

skisloper

Starter
We have 6 months until the pre-season.....
This board begins to blow when you hear the following :

1. " We need to get rid of Stat "............Stat will be a knick for the next 2 seasons. He has an uninsured and a contract that nobody would take ( nobody ..........In 2 years he will be gone end of story.

2. No team is taking Novak...........he shoots 3's and nothing else.......so does Battier, Copeland, Miller and many others.....His signing a mistake.....the ONLY team that may take him is Dumbtonio's Lakers.

3. Felton.........again no team would tarde for him there is no reason...he will be the Knicks starting PG next season...

4. Prigioni will not come back to the Knicks.....Woodson is too erratic.

5. Maybe we try and trade TC but what he lacks offensively is disgraceful and not sure what teams will do....

Maybe a trade Grant Hill, Chris Paul, Deandre Jordan and first rounder for Melo and Chandler

Line-up for 2013 start.
Felton
Shump
Melo
Copeland
TC

OR.......
PAUL
SHUMP
HILL
COPELAND
JORDAN.