Too much hate on this forum for some of our players?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
There's been some good reasons not being happy with some of our players, but wanting to get rid of some of these players are going a little bit too far in my opinion.

Tyson Chandler - He's gone through his own injuries and illnesses. Could you imagine the Knicks without him? Find me a good enough replacement. K-Mart is great, but who knows if age will catch up with him.

Kidd - He was HUGE for the Knicks. He needs to be used like Popovich would use him. Give him rest some games. He's a rare, intellectual player.

Camby - I know his, and Kidd's contract are not the greatest considering their age, but Camby didn't get much of a shot. Woodson might be to blame for this.

The Knicks spent quite a bit of money on old players, but they also came up with some great deals on youth (Felton, Smith, who, even though didn't have a good impact in the second round, they were great additions for the price. There could have been MUCH worse players instead of them).

uber

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't call it hate. I'm rather disappointed in Tyson, especially for his comments to the media after game 3 of the Pacers series.

metrocard

Legend
Kidd gets TOO much hate from young Knick fans.

Kidd wasn't brought here to score the ball. He's been in a slump, but his contributions in 2012 helped us get to an elite level and play some of our best basketball, we actually play our best basketball when Kidd is playing his best.

He's obviously declining...dude has been in the NBA for 2 decades...I want him to take a coaching job and replace Herb Williams.

Chandler is done, IMO. He has had a history injuries and believe this is the point of his career that it will all catch up to him and he will be vulnerable to a seriously decline in his career. We must move him now before it's too late.

skisloper

Starter

Kidd wasn't brought here to score the ball. He's been in a slump, but his contributions in 2012 helped us get to an elite level and play some of our best basketball, we actually play our best basketball when Kidd is playing his best.

He's obviously declining...dude has been in the NBA for 2 decades...I want him to take a coaching job and replace Herb Williams.

Chandler is done, IMO. He has had a history injuries and believe this is the point of his career that it will all catch up to him and he will be vulnerable to a seriously decline in his career. We must move him now before it's too late.

i do not think there was any hate towards Kidd....it was more directed to Woodson....Kidd obviously ran out of gas and did not need to play when he seemed useless on the court......I never heard any negative about Kidd...

Chandler as always received raved reviews from Knicks fans despite his offensive non-existance. I think it was his comments about the Knicks offense , His terrible play and his constant crying about calls and his complaining enough for many technicals....

I hate Smith

Rob Low

Rotation player
I don't hate Kidd at all. I respect the hell out of him but he's done and should not be getting minutes ahead of guys like Pablo and Cope. But that's more on Woody than Kidd. Tyson and Jr on the other hand I could not hate anymore than I do right now.

DrB

Benchwarmer
There's been some good reasons not being happy with some of our players, but wanting to get rid of some of these players are going a little bit too far in my opinion.

Tyson Chandler - He's gone through his own injuries and illnesses. Could you imagine the Knicks without him? Find me a good enough replacement. K-Mart is great, but who knows if age will catch up with him.

Kidd - He was HUGE for the Knicks. He needs to be used like Popovich would use him. Give him rest some games. He's a rare, intellectual player.

Camby - I know his, and Kidd's contract are not the greatest considering their age, but Camby didn't get much of a shot. Woodson might be to blame for this.

The Knicks spent quite a bit of money on old players, but they also came up with some great deals on youth (Felton, Smith, who, even though didn't have a good impact in the second round, they were great additions for the price. There could have been MUCH worse players instead of them).
I'd like to use Yankees the Yankees this year as an example of players with big contracts replaced by players with passion fighting to make it and stay in the majors. I know everytime we Knick fans hear REBUILD we think of the ISIAH THOMAS-JAMES DOLAN fiasco's of the past...Curry being the prime example. But the 40 year olds like KIDD and CAMBY do not bring Championships..they may bring wins against .500 teams. Tyson was hurt but he is an offensive liability as ALLEY OOPS from the regular season are not seen in the post season and his offensive armamentarium is woefuly lacking. Bill Russel scored 6-10 points on the great Celtic teams so I am not going to blame Chandler yet. But we need a real 20+ point Power foreward to play with Anthony...if it's not Amare it must be somebody else...Shumpert needs to play the 2...and we need better than Felton at PG. Just go to YAHOO NBA..to TEAMS and put up the SPURS payroll. Amare, Melo and Chandler make more than the SPURS without GINOBILI. It's a given SAN ANTONIO is not NYC but NYC pays to much for too long be it for AMARE or A ROD.WE need to rebuild at two spots...and get a respectable bench....PG and PF. If that's done we can use KIDD ala POPOVICH. Camby's feet with plantar fasciitis makes that chronic issue for Camby as a big a question mark as Stat's knees.

Kiyaman

Legend
I wouldn't call it hate. I'm rather disappointed in Tyson, especially for his comments to the media after game 3 of the Pacers series.

Our performance of being 2-4 after Game-3 did not look good, so our powerful Big-Apple Media wasn't budging until they get a long game interview with Melo & Tyson ($35M tandem), on the 4 game losses in 6 games ....

Tyson was disappointed about the majority of Hibbert's 35 minutes per game were alongside teammate West's 35 minutes per on the court .. Tyson wanted all his (29) minutes on court alongside teammate PF-K-Mart to challenge the Pacers 4 bigmen rotation in a 7 game series.
Tyson had to be upset about PF-K-Mart being his backup in 9 straight games .. when a healthy Camby, Copeland, and Amare has been DNP for 9 straight playoff games.

The only thing bothering me is Tyson's comment after Game-3 resemble the comment Camby made his final season with the Denver Nuggets during the playoffs.
Will the Knicks trade Tyson in the offseason like the Nuggets done Camby for mentioning "players are trying to win the game by themselves when this is a team game."???

DrB

Benchwarmer
Our performance of being 2-4 after Game-3 did not look good, so our powerful Big-Apple Media wasn't budging until they get a long game interview with Melo & Tyson ($35M tandem), on the 4 game losses in 6 games ....

Tyson was disappointed about the majority of Hibbert's 35 minutes per game were alongside teammate West's 35 minutes per on the court .. Tyson wanted all his (29) minutes on court alongside teammate PF-K-Mart to challenge the Pacers 4 bigmen rotation in a 7 game series.
Tyson had to be upset about PF-K-Mart being his backup in 9 straight games .. when a healthy Camby, Copeland, and Amare has been DNP for 9 straight playoff games.

The only thing bothering me is Tyson's comment after Game-3 resemble the comment Camby made his final season with the Denver Nuggets during the playoffs.
Will the Knicks trade Tyson in the offseason like the Nuggets done Camby for mentioning "players are trying to win the game by themselves when this is a team game."???
I think TYSON'S QUOTE after GAME 6 was the only honest one he gave from the heart "We were beaten by a better team". That says it all...let's move on to next year.

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Chandlers not a defender nor a shot blocker. If we could trade Chandler and get some pieces... Idk if dalembert is under contract but acquire him, jj hickson and kyle korver through various channels we'd be just as good. He can't block shots and hit a jump shot. Kyle korver is an upgrade of novak much better. And hickson is a beast on the boards.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend

I know it didnt look good when we have a "HOF" play in 12 games, and took a total of 18 shots (and missed all), when we have certain players on the team that take 9 & 10 shots (and miss all) in the first-half of a game.

HOF Jason Kidd gets Super BIG-PROPS for his outstanding 4th quarter performance in helping us get a 50 win season, plus winning the Atlantic Division Title .. The Postseason coaching of the Knicks shouldve been handed over to our "Old-Heads Kidd, Camby, Kurt, and Rasheed" to coach the same-page in the locker-room, practice, bench, and court.
It didnt look good not having Kurt Thomas mouth on the bench challenging his teammates performance in the postseason. It wouldve been nice to see Kurt boxing-out and screening for Novak's 3-ball.

HATE? We had an ECF roster in the 2012-13 season...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Chandlers not a defender nor a shot blocker. If we could trade Chandler and get some pieces... Idk if dalembert is under contract but acquire him, jj hickson and kyle korver through various channels we'd be just as good. He can't block shots and hit a jump shot. Kyle korver is an upgrade of novak much better. And hickson is a beast on the boards.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I think Korver is going to be a free agent, unless the Hawks extended his contract.

Yeah, I didn't think Knicks fans hate Kidd, but some of the comments seemed harsh towards him and the others.

bigapple

Starter
Ibaka can shoot 3s he is blocking machine he can shoot FT's his not a center but he can play center + his age

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I dont hate any of our players, I do hate Mike Woodson, and I do blame Tyson Chandler.

Mike Woodson is an absolute garbage post season head coach, no discussion. And Tyson Chandler has no place to open his mouth when it comes to anything offensive especially when he's downright getting his @$$ kicked in the one thing he's supposed to be good at, defense!