2013 NBA draft (rev 2.0)

metrocard

Legend
Post your favorite NBA prospects for 2013 and beyond.

I recently just saw a good breakdown of Glen Rice Jr. game.

Really hope he can work on that defense and creating his own shot. He has a lot of talent, but not enough to be an all star so defense will be a big factor if he wants NBA minutes in his career.

metrocard

Legend
[h=1]Giannis Adetokunbo[/h]probably best SF prospect in this draft.
Kevin Durant's body
Best Case Scenario: Poor man's Scottie Pippen
Worst Case Scenario: Anthony Randolph
just needs to work on his 3pt range and his strength. He has the overall game and is only 19 I believe.

metrocard

Legend
We don't have any young PG's on the team. This is probably the best PG in the draft

Trey Burke.

Unbelievable 3pt range.
Leadership qualities.
Hardworker.
Good passer.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Of course we would love it if someone ranked higher such as Dieng falls to us.

However, the unexpected aside, we currently have only a pick at #24 (we traded away our second round pick).

With Adams and Dieng suddenly rising in draft stock, the bigs most likely available at #24 are Jeff Withey, Lucas Nogueira, and Mike Muscala.

Muscala is considered a reach at #24, but his PER is through the roof and he is the most intriguing of the three to me, because he would be able to draw, say a Hibbert, out of the paint; yet has a postup game and can defend, block, and rebound. In addition, Muscala was the #1 rated shooter in the draft combine. Why he is listed as #42 on the ESPN board is a bit of a mystery to me.

Among the guards, there is first the question of do you draft a PG or a SG?

I vote PG, because I want to move Shumpert back to the SG and Melo back the SF, and play a more traditional lineup.

Even just limiting to PGs the field is faiirly wide open.

Do you go with one of the PGs listed in the 20-30 range (Larkin, Schroeder, Canaan, Jackson) or prefer a scoring machine lower down (such as Erick Green) or more of a pure point project (such as Myck Kobango).

I would be much happier with Muscala AND either Green or Kobango than with any one player, so this raises the possibility of trading down for two picks or making some other move to acquire an additional pick in the #25 to #45 range.

What do other folks think?

nixon7

Benchwarmer
The rest of the plan:

1) You cannot sign JR Smith to a long-term deal. If he cannot stay out the clubs until 4AM during a playoff slump on the final year of his deal, then he will be a total nightmare with a 4-year deal: LET HIM WALK!!!!!!

2) Re-sign Copeland and enroll him in a defensive- skills summer camp, preferably with Bill Russell or Patrick Ewing

3) Trade Novak and Kidd (if he doesn't retire) for draft picks

4) Hire Olajowan to work with Amar'e and Chandler during the summer for more than a few weeks

5) Hire a shooting skills coach for Shumpert over the summer

6) Draft Withey or Muscala AND Green or Kabango, or maybe even three players (if they get picks for both Novak and Kidd)

7) Convince Melo to get in true elite shape for the first time in his career

8) Make a decision on Camby. He should either play or retire. It does not make sense to keep him glued to the bench for two more years.

skisloper

Starter
The rest of the plan:

1) You cannot sign JR Smith to a long-term deal. If he cannot stay out the clubs until 4AM during a playoff slump on the final year of his deal, then he will be a total nightmare with a 4-year deal: LET HIM WALK!!!!!!

I am waiting for someone to chime in and see " JR will feel very welcome with that contract and now he will really perform...."

SEND JR PACKING.................

metrocard

Legend
Shane Larkinruns away with the top spot here, finishing with the second highest max vertical leap ever recorded in our database behindKenny Gregory's 45.5' jump in 2001. His performance places him a half an inch ahead ofNate Robinsonand a full inch better thanVince Carter.Ben McLemoreandVictor Oladipostand out, ranking in the top-20 all-time and finishing tied with Iman Shumprt among current NBA players.Peyton Sivamatches last year's best jump (Darius Johnson-Odom) and ranks among the top-25 all-time.Michael Carter-Williamsalso places well historically, matching JR Rider's 1993 and OJ Mayo's 2008 marks.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2TsUNlIxC
http://www.draftexpress.com

He's 5"11, but he may be a great pick at 24.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Please note, BTW, that both Muscala and Green are considered late-first round or early second-round picks, but both have PER ratings above 30. That should tell you why I consider both to be exactly the type of sleepers we should be targeting.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Nixon, while I can't argue your reasons for letting JR walk the Knicks have no choice but to sign him. He is one of the few young players on this roster and you are not going find someone of JR's talent for the price the Knicks will pay him. It's not like they can use the money they would pay JR to bring someone else in.

Secondly no one in their right mind is giving up draft picks for Novak and Kidd.

Bringing back Copeland may be difficult as the Knicks are well over the tax apron and don't own his bird rights. The can't even offer a deal starting at 2 M a season.