2013 NBA draft (rev 2.0)

metrocard

Legend
D3 basketball is pretty much very weak competition. I know some guys on the forum who can make a D3 team.

but if AJ is getting looked by scouts so he must have something.

Just concerned by players like that because the level of competition is overwhelming and vastly challenging compared to D3.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Aj Matthews is nice i seen him play D3. He already worked out with the knicks. Talented 7 footers are limited in the Nba. But like metro said ^ the level of D3 talent isnt much to brag about.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I'm really starting to like this Canaan kid. Reminds me of Shump as far as his attitude and his shot looks great.

moneyg

Starter
I think we are all too optimistic about who we're gonna draft. Whyare we even highlighting players in the teens when we know they won't be there when we pick or that we have the assets to trade up?? If you have issues being real at least be realistic. Our pick will be a gamble. Period. No if and buts about it. Why not get some more picks by buying or trading down and hope that one of them will be a contributor next year. That where we aren't guys. #the facts.

metrocard

Legend
We need to trade up foo'

and stop acting like every mock draft on the internet is accurate.
Players do DROP, so you never know what's going to happen in a draft unless theres a promise to a player.

metrocard

Legend
Gorgui Dieng will work out for the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets before the June 27 draft.
Dieng, a 6-foot-11, 230-pound center, anchored the No. 1-ranked defense in the country during his senior year at Louisville.
The Knicks pick at No. 24 while the Nets own the 22nd selection.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Should the Knicks draft Reggie Bullock?

The Knicks' focus heading into the June 27 draft is upgrading at point guard or in the frontcourt.

But could North Carolina swingman Reggie Bullock steal the team's attention?

Last season, the Knicks were sometimes missing a mobile shooter in half-court sets, like a Kyle Korver or J.J. Redick type, who could run baseline to baseline and come off screens quickly and shoot with range. A player like that would've sparked more movement at times in the Knicks' offense, giving them a different look from downtown instead of mostly stationary setups.

Not only is Bullock one of the best shooters in the draft -- from deep and coming off midrange screens -- but he's also a skilled defender, which appeals to Mike Woodson. Last season, as a junior, the 6-foot-7, 200-pound Bullock hit 43.6 percent of his 3s and he guarded the opposing team's top perimeter scorer nearly every game, averaging 1.3 steals.

"I just try to be there on the catch and contest all shots," Bullock said after his Knicks workout on Thursday. "If I was to come in and be a Knick, I know that coach is definitely defensive-minded and I like playing defense."

Bullock has the size, experience and competitive nature to excel as a solid rotation player on the next level. His biggest area of improvement is putting the ball on the floor and making the right decision. Overall, he's compared to Spurs shooting guard Danny Green, one of a few NBA players he studies.

"I like how Ray Allen shoots the ball, I like how Danny Green shoots the ball, I like Paul George," Bullock said. "He defends, he shoots 3s, he comes off screens, he puts the ball on the floor. I like how Kawhi Leonard rebounds at his position, so I just try to pick a lot of pieces from all their games and just try to be Reggie Bullock."

As of now, ESPN.com draft expert Chad Ford, in his latest first-round projection, has the Pacers taking Bullock one pick before the Knicks, who have the 24th selection. Ford writes, "Bullock might be the best shooter left on the board. He's a bit one-dimensional, but he can play two different positions and should be able to play from day one."

Bullock said he has stayed in contact with former Tar Heel Raymond Felton.

"I know that he's wishing nothing but the best for me," Bullock said.
Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com

Anything is possible... Still think Knicks need to address PG and/or Center...

New New York

Quiet Storm
We need to trade up foo'

Players do DROP, so you never know what's going to happen in a draft unless theres a promise to a player.

I'm not acting like Internet Draft Projections are totally accurate no more than you are proposing that NBA Draft Vids tell the whole story about a player, it's just a reference.

I mean you are right that players drop below their projected slots every year and no doubt this year will be no different, but a talented PG falling from 12-24 is a stretch...that said Ty Lawson fell and so did Jrue Holiday draft so it can happen, I just would not bank on it and if Grunny wants this kid he better be thinking about trades

Wargames

Starter
At this point let's be happy the Knicks are reviewing everyone.

With that said the more I read about Mitchell though the more I like him. His playing style was reminiscent of Josh Howard last year and his measurable at the combine are similar to griffin. In some cases even better than Griffin.

The only reason he falls is that on a bad team with a weak coach you know he is going to end up a scrub. At least the Knicks have the team/coach to rein him in. Woodson arguably being Josh Smith's first coach is the only reason he didn't implode. And the dream could help him with his Post game early. Also if it works and he proves to be at least a decent starter with an inside scoring game, the Knicks can focus on getting a star PG or Center in 2015. Allowing them toignore alderidge and K. Love.

That means the Knicks can try for Irving or Hibbert or Marc Gasol 2015 all of whom would be younger.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
There is not going to be a consensus "star" at pick 24. We could use a point guard, but the likes of Schroeder and Larkin, and, of course, Burke, Carter-Williams and McCollum, will be long gone. What we could get at 24 is not likely to be different from what we could get with a purchased second rounder. We could also use a defensive power-forward. I think we should look for the high-risk, high-reward player even if he is not immediately likely to make an impact. Tony Mitchell is perhaps one of them. Others are Giannis Adetokunbo (that is one of the spellings I have seen) and Lucas Nogueira.

metrocard

Legend
At this point let's be happy the Knicks are reviewing everyone.

With that said the more I read about Mitchell though the more I like him. His playing style was reminiscent of Josh Howard last year and his measurable at the combine are similar to griffin. In some cases even better than Griffin.

The only reason he falls is that on a bad team with a weak coach you know he is going to end up a scrub. At least the Knicks have the team/coach to rein him in. Woodson arguably being Josh Smith's first coach is the only reason he didn't implode. And the dream could help him with his Post game early. Also if it works and he proves to be at least a decent starter with an inside scoring game, the Knicks can focus on getting a star PG or Center in 2015. Allowing them toignore alderidge and K. Love.

That means the Knicks can try for Irving or Hibbert or Marc Gasol 2015 all of whom would be younger.

Gasol will be 30-31 in 2015.

metrocard

Legend
There is not going to be a consensus "star" at pick 24. We could use a point guard, but the likes of Schroeder and Larkin, and, of course, Burke, Carter-Williams and McCollum, will be long gone. What we could get at 24 is not likely to be different from what we could get with a purchased second rounder. We could also use a defensive power-forward. I think we should look for the high-risk, high-reward player even if he is not immediately likely to make an impact. Tony Mitchell is perhaps one of them. Others are Giannis Adetokunbo (that is one of the spellings I have seen) and Lucas Nogueira.

Yiannis would be the best available player at 24 if Shcroeder, Dieng or Larkin don't drop.

Wargames

Starter

[video=youtube;0bZtGPsDd7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0bZtGPsDd7s[/video]

They are bringing in Whitey a good to great defender with Muscala arguably the best scoring big man in the draft.... I am hoping Muscala win's. Those post moves are amazing.... imagine what working with the dream early could turn that kid into? Also I think he could play PF alongside Chandler and if they reintergrate Amare into the starting lineup he can play center possibly alongside Amare.... This is the first workout schedule I've seen where two guys analyst believe are possible first rounder will workout for the Knicks.....

moneyg

Starter
We need to trade up foo'

oh.. remind me... smartless.. what assets do we have that will allow us to trade up???.. shumpet????... i wouldnt give him up to trade up.... only a fool would....like i said.. if we cant get dieng at 24.. after that... i c a major drop off... i'd gamble on wolters..like i said before.. but outside of that...not much of a differnce between the talent in the late first round to mid second....so lets stop dreaming..i think we been down this road before....#facts

metrocard

Legend
oh.. remind me... smartless.. what assets do we have that will allow us to trade up???.. shumpet????... i wouldnt give him up to trade up.... only a fool would....like i said.. if we cant get dieng at 24.. after that... i c a major drop off... i'd gamble on wolters..like i said before.. but outside of that...not much of a differnce between the talent in the late first round to mid second....so lets stop dreaming..i think we been down this road before....#facts

Congrats on an entire paragraph of falseness.

Draft picks don't hold that much value, especially in the 20s teams have traded for draft picks just for money.

Knicks have a lot of assets since their a top 3-4 team in the East. This isn't the Charlotte Bobcats or Isiah Knicks, we have good players.

Who said they're trading Shumpert? You're an idiot.

You see a major drop off because you haven't done your research. You can't even dream because you brain is fill with nothing. Wolters is the only prospect you can think of? Get out of this thread.

You can't even spell difference....infact, you type like a fat guy who just orgasmed off of eating a cinnabon...recovering from your orgasm and come to this forum and correct your paragraph. It's poorly spelled and you make no sense.

This isn't twitter, you can't hashtag words, you imbecile.