Target DeMarcus Cousins this Off-Season

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think the Knicks should go after Demarcus Cousins. I think he is gettable and would fill a huge need for us. The guy is going to be special if he can control himself. Put him on a team like the KNicks full of veterans and the guy will be reigned in and should hit his potential. He is just now entering his prime years and can be had for cheap IMHO. Sacramento is going under new management and I believe a mix of youth(Shump), possibly a veteran like STAT or Chandler and some future draft draft pics can get Cousins and some other decent pieces from Sac.

PPGRPGBPGFG%FT%

I love Chandler but he is only getting older and I believe his best days are behind him. Cousins would give us youth, post scoring but most importantly a real rebounder. This is obviously not the end all move but I think one that is possible and fills a need while getting younger. Thoughts?

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Cousins is a young player still on his rookie deal which is attractive to potential buyers. Any deal for a player under 26 will have to include Iman Shumpert as he is our only valuable young player. I dont think Felton and Shumpert are enough to make the deal happen at the chance the Kings value Shumpert the way we do. Its going to be a long summer filled with rumors and would of could ofs from the O & B

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Kings are not going to let go a talented big man and take back a horrible Amare contract in return. Doesn't matter if Shump is included. Also, the Kings are trying to shed salary.

skisloper

Starter
Do you guys not learn anything from JR.........Cousins is a headcase......Why does NY fans always think you can change a players attitude or a coach can change them....these are grown men with Big Ego's who make millions....

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Everything we don't need in our roster is another headache...
Cousins is good, has potential to be an elite forward/center, but he needs an atittude adjustment, otherwise he will be another wasted talent like many others.

johnk812

Rookie
Knicks can't get Cousins, they have a SLIM chance if they are willing to part with Shump.

Cousins is a franchise style player. Who knows, maybe playing in a winning environment would straighten him out.

If the Kings offered Cousins for Shumpert and Chandler, I'm doing it I think. And I can't even believe I am saying that. I LOVE Shumpert. But Cousins is a once-a-decade talent.

But yea, Sacramento isn't letting him go.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I doubt Sac will seriously entertain offers for Cousins. He's gonna be really good.

They just need to add some vet leadership on that team.

metrocard

Legend
Cousins is alright. Like his size and rebounding ability, he scores creativity...but he has that JR Smith demeanor. I don't like a 6"11 man who doesn't block shots or plays good defense.

When Cousins starts playing defense, then we could look at him as a worthy player. Right now he's just a stat padder. (I hate to use that term, but when you're playing half basketball, it comes to be true)

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Cousins is alright. Like his size and rebounding ability, he scores creativity...but he has that JR Smith demeanor. I don't like a 6"11 man who doesn't block shots or plays good defense.

When Cousins starts playing defense, then we could look at him as a worthy player. Right now he's just a stat padder. (I hate to use that term, but when you're playing half basketball, it comes to be true)

Thats why he is gettable IMHO. If he were a complete player right now he would be untouchable. He is a headcase and does struggle in areas but has tremendous upside. If you put him NYC and surround him with vets Im sure the guy will thrive. Lets remember a little headcase name Sprewell who choked his coach and IMO is almost a Knick legend.

tiger0330

Legend
Just remember if a team is 4M over the taxline which we are they can not receive a player in a SnT. We can however send a player out in a SnT ie Copeland wants to leave in a SnT.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
you pple dont know melos game yet? dude needs the low post to himself, and adding cousins who operates there just like amare will just see the same outcry from seasons past. we need a pf who can stretch to the 3 point line, or we find another starting sf and move melo permanently to the 4