Melo's former coach says the Knicks suck

tiger0330

Legend
Jim Boeheim defended Melo for his game 6 performance but ripped Chandler, Felton, JR and even Prigs, said Prigs never scored on Team USA in the Olympics.

Boeheim knows the game so is his assessment of the Knicks having no chance to win against Indiana may be sad but true.

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim went on a verbal tirade against Carmelo Anthony?s Knicks teammates, shocked his former player is receiving blame for the team?s second-round flameout to Indiana.

In the Syracuse Post-Standard, Boeheim ripped Tyson Chandler, whom he coached on the U.S. Olympic Team, point guards Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni and even coach Mike Woodson in trying to defend Anthony?s honor.
When asked if Anthony can lead the Knicks as constructed to an NBA title, Boeheim told the paper: ?Not on that team. He did what he can do. He played very well the final game. Everybody?s killing him but Tyson Chandler just didn?t try to catch the ball. He threw him the ball and Tyson Chandler went like this? and the paper reported Boeheim dodged in his chair.

?[Tyson] was wide open,?? Boeheim added. ?He should have been looking for the ball right here. Kenyon Martin should have been looking for the ball. They both went like this [Boeheim dodged again]. Carmelo gets turnovers and the announcers aren?t smart enough to even think, ?Well, the guy should try to catch the ball.?
?Tyson Chandler claims he never gets the ball,?? Boeheim continued.? He doesn?t try to get the ball. He had two points and Hibbert had [21].??
Boeheim went on his diatribe at the Carmelo K. Anthony Center in Syracuse, which Anthony helped pay for. The Syracuse coach catches most of the Knicks? games on television to watch his former player.
?What was the difference in the series?,?? Boeheim said. ?Raymond Felton was 0-for-7. Lance Stephenson had [25] points. They?re going to blame it on Carmelo? I told him when he went to New York, ?They?re going to blame it on you.?
?They have no chance to win,?? Boeheim continued, according to the Syracuse daily. ?Pablo Prigioni has never scored against [Team USA]. We played Argentina six or seven times in different events. He hasn?t scored against us. You have to have players to win in the NBA.?

Boeheim said J.R. Smith and Felton ?weren?t great players where they were and now they?re asking them to be second and third options.?
Boeheim said the Heat have second, third and fourth options of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Ray Allen and have Shane Battier, too.
?The New York Knicks have who?? Boeheim asked.

Anthony, for his part, scored four points in three fourth quarters during the three losses to the Pacers at Bankers Life Field House. When asked about Woodson?s offensive scheme, Boeheim said: ?I said to my son, ?[Carmelo?s] going to have to get 50 for them to win.? That?s what he needed. Fifty. You?re not going to get that against Indiana.??

metrocard

Legend
He's a clown and theres a reason why he's a college coach, not NBA coach.

Prigioni would be the best player on Syracuse right now.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Let me put it this way. If you've got five current or former all-star players, if you've got the reigning and a former DPOY, if you've got three championship vets and arguably the post three point shooter in the game... and your team has been outplayed in every aspect of the geams it means you suck.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He's right. We're not as good as the better teams in the East. Next year things will be rougher. Miami, Indiana, Chicago (if Rose is Rose) and Brooklyn will all probably be better than us.

JR Smith isn't a good second option. Felton is 20-25 min per game player. I can think of 15 PG's that are better than him and he's our starter.

Prigs is solid but old. Chandler has no offensive game, which you can live with if he's playing at DPOY level, but this year he did not for a quarter of the season and in the playoffs when it mattered most.

I like Kmart but he is probably better coming off the bench at this point too. Amare is the 100 mil dollar gip.

We will see what Grunwald is made of this offseason. I'm not sold on him yet due to him bringing in all of these old men last offseason that didn't help us down the stretch

bigapple

Starter
Brooklyn was 1-3 vs Bulls with full roster when Williams sux whole team sux. Bulls was sweept by heat from 0-1 to 4-1

Indiana have just good D but no shooting power they just good @ home

on tuesday there should be game 7 vs pacers thats all.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Brooklyn was 1-3 vs Bulls with full roster when Williams sux whole team sux. Bulls was sweept by heat from 0-1 to 4-1

Indiana have just good D but no shooting power they just good @ home

on tuesday there should be game 7 vs pacers thats all.

That's a very shortsighted way of seeing things. Miami, Brooklyn, Indiana and Chicago will all be better next yr. Where will we be ?

johnk812

Rookie
Chicago, Miami, Indiana, and NY will be the class of the East next year. I'd probably rank them MIA-CHI-NY-IND.

I think Indiana should move Granger if they can find any suitors. My guess is he comes back and messes up the chemistry of the team. His knee is balky, but he's still very talented.

Miami is the problem, and will be for a while. Does it really matter if the Knicks are a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 seed when they will eventually have to get through the Heat?

Not really.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Agree with Boeheim, he also wasn't coming at Prigs head he was saying he never looks to score which hinders our flow sometimes, as he'll have a shot but will pass it up

LeFlume

All Star
+1 and green rep for my Hall of Fame coach Jimmy B. He knows the game, the X's and the O's, He watch a ton of games and I know he follow the Knicks. He is SPOT ON here. :gony:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
dont get some of these nikkas happy about just getting out of the first round....

this team had its best chance at a title this year and blew it. our team was too old, didnt have to legs to run it out, our size diminished, our energy flatlined... its a total failure and once again, melo didnt have that 2nd go2guy to pick him up when he needs it