Jackson's advice to Melo? Read my book!

Kiyaman

Legend
I honestly never knew about forums up until that point, I came along KO on google

anyway, I explained why 50% was good for "him" not everyone, how many fouls get passed by when he's taking. Melo is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league, I really cant see how you can dispute that, he should however attack the glass more

as far as your agenda, you've never had one so dont call me about my ****ing username, WTF does it matter. Challenge my fan hood if you want but my knowledge of the game far exceeds most on this forum and thats not a shot at you

Honestly .. No one give a F where u cum from or how u got here, your one-sided view of B-Ball is welcome for rec in the offseason. Keep up the good work LOL

ur opinion compared to Phil Jackson who took a consistent first-round selfish Kobe & Shaq team to championship level with a similar comment in 1996 & 1997 when the Lakers kept getting blown out in the first round b/c two star-players refuse to play defense.

O'Yeah, ur so-call best offensive-rebounder did not average 1 offensive-rebound in 12 postseason games averaging 40 minutes per game. K-Mart average 2 offensive-rebounds per 24 minutes this season.
However, Melo did average 35 shot attempts per 12 games in playoffs .. the NBA stats dont count a shot when a player is foul shooting.
A super-star player dont complain when fouled and no call are made when the ball is still in play during the postseason games...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I watch the games and when he usually attempts to attack the glass Melo walks away with tons of rebounds, what do you want an advanced stat

Yea that's kinda where i was going when i asked for back up. You said he was one of the best offensive rebounders in the league. Well if that assessment on your part is accurate you should be able to back it up statistically, or else it's not really valid.

I think the above post from Kiya begins to get us closer to the truth. I'd like to see his reg season off reb numbers and how they rank also. Got no time look up crap like that though.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Yea that's kinda where i was going when i asked for back up. You said he was one of the best offensive rebounders in the league. Well if that assessment on your part is accurate you should be able to back it up statistically, or else it's not really valid.

I think the above post from Kiya begins to get us closer to the truth. I'd like to see his reg season off reb numbers and how they rank also. Got no time look up crap like that though.

I got u ca7.... Yall fall into stats too much, our offensive rebounding stats don't tell the whole story. Here's a stat for u, the knicks were 3rd in offensive efficiency this year. so because our offense was so efficient they're weren't as many missed shots for melo to get alot of offensive rebounds. Melo isn't the highest jumpers but he is one of the fastest as far as leaving the ground and reaching the apex of his jump in the quickest manner. I can see why ca7 believes he is one of the better offensive rebounders and after watching him horse people in ny i have to agree. Maybe the stats are gonna say differently but when factor in our offensive effeciency that changes it all... Now if we could find advanced statistic that could indicate his opportunities to get one on a miss then it could reveal melo as a very well off rebounder. Its not his fault the teams offense was efficient.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I got u ca7.... Yall fall into stats too much, our offensive rebounding stats don't tell the whole story. Here's a stat for u, the knicks were 3rd in offensive efficiency this year. so because our offense was so efficient they're weren't as many missed shots for melo to get alot of offensive rebounds. Melo isn't the highest jumpers but he is one of the fastest as far as leaving the ground and reaching the apex of his jump in the quickest manner. I can see why ca7 believes he is one of the better offensive rebounders and after watching him horse people in ny i have to agree. Maybe the stats are gonna say differently but when factor in our offensive effeciency that changes it all... Now if we could find advanced statistic that could indicate his opportunities to get one on a miss then it could reveal melo as a very well off rebounder. Its not his fault the teams offense was efficient.

You made very convincing argument there.. :smokin:

No seriously, there's something to be said for watching a player everyday, but it's close to ludicrous to call Melo a top off rebounder. I'm Melo fan too but I try to be objective.

Kiyaman

Legend

Hold on .. we ranked 25 in rebounding this season b/c our 40 minute PF (Melo) did not box-out for the Defensive-Rebounds giving all our opposition 2nd and 3rd chance shots. We ranked 18 in offensive-rebounds with Tyson leading the team with 4 o-rbds, Amare with 2.2, and K-Mart & Melo with 2.
The Pacers are just 1 out of 15 teams that embarrassed us by out-rebounding us by 10 or more rebounds.

In Melo's 67 regular season games, 70% of Melo points came from the perimeter, 20% came from the foul line, and 10% came from inside scoring.
All our games on TNT & ESPN the sports announcers post game report always marked Melo scoring spots on the court for the game, and Kenny Smith or Reggie Miller had fun making it known that Melo & his teammates does not favor inside scoring .. In our regular season we average 81 FG shot-attempts per game, we also average 29 shot attempts from the 3-ball line per game .. and our fastbreak points per game was a NBA joke - 4 points.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Hold on .. we ranked 25 in rebounding this season b/c our 40 minute PF (Melo) did not box-out for the Defensive-Rebounds giving all our opposition 2nd and 3rd chance shots. We ranked 18 in offensive-rebounds with Tyson leading the team with 4 o-rbds, Amare with 2.2, and K-Mart & Melo with 2.
The Pacers are just 1 out of 15 teams that embarrassed us by out-rebounding us by 10 or more rebounds.

In Melo's 67 regular season games, 70% of Melo points came from the perimeter, 20% came from the foul line, and 10% came from inside scoring.
All our games on TNT & ESPN the sports announcers post game report always marked Melo scoring spots on the court for the game, and Kenny Smith or Reggie Miller had fun making it known that Melo & his teammates does not favor inside scoring .. In our regular season we average 81 FG shot-attempts per game, we also average 29 shot attempts from the 3-ball line per game .. and our fastbreak points per game was a NBA joke - 4 points.

Haha what does melos offensive numbers have to do with his offensive rebounds... You've listed some issues that are the TEAMS issue not just his. But ok i can understand he's the star and if its a problem he's first to blame i accept that. But u can't reciprocate that acceptance when it comes to giving him props for our success. Bottom line is if hes apart or most to blame for our failures he's equally responsible for our success u cant have it both ways kiya.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Honestly .. No one give a F where u cum from or how u got here, your one-sided view of B-Ball is welcome for rec in the offseason. Keep up the good work LOL

ur opinion compared to Phil Jackson who took a consistent first-round selfish Kobe & Shaq team to championship level with a similar comment in 1996 & 1997 when the Lakers kept getting blown out in the first round b/c two star-players refuse to play defense.

O'Yeah, ur so-call best offensive-rebounder did not average 1 offensive-rebound in 12 postseason games averaging 40 minutes per game. K-Mart average 2 offensive-rebounds per 24 minutes this season.
However, Melo did average 35 shot attempts per 12 games in playoffs .. the NBA stats dont count a shot when a player is foul shooting.
A super-star player dont complain when fouled and no call are made when the ball is still in play during the postseason games...

One sided arguements... Kiya is the king of that and it's not a one sided arguements cuz he has no points of facts, just guesses... He said the nets with vince weren't a team first things which is ond of the dumbest thing a "seasoned" basketball fan could say.