can Knicks create like Spurs franchise?

bigapple

Starter
I mean can this franchise change style?

no player that have to score regulary 20/30 +

no key main player that is forced to play like Kobe Bron Durant

can this team play total team something like 1 game vs heat on season openning i know this is just beggining but 20+ pts diffrence is realy something where all players are fresh.

watch Spurs even if Parker Duncan Manu are on bench Spurs are playing still with same energy

i am not listing Heat this is team that ESPN NBA loves and refs will be on their side

so Indiana is only team that can really compete with Heat and Spurs not Knicks.

or u wana say me that POPOVICH is the answer.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Great question...but the answer is no

What The Spurs have done is not only rare to The NBA but to Sports overall

The Spurs and Patriots (kills me to say as a Jet fan) have done like no two other teams, they can win a tittle every year, they have a winning pedigree not just talent

It's more than just draft picks (although they nail that year in and out) it's picking the right FA's and the right assistant coaches (underestimated aspect to their winning). They always add something each year but not too much to the point they uproot their culture

And of course Duncan and Pop don't hurt matters none

Pop being coach and GM is another major component too, Peter Holt is a great owner who gives Pop space to operate

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The spurs have done something super rare, however it's not 100 percent skill. the only reason they were able to have this success post d Robinson is because while they were a perennial playoff team. D.r. Got injured and that one season they became a lottery team because of it and they drafted duncan

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bigapple

Starter
Ewing was drafted in 85 some ppl in herre wasnt even borned that day

But when i saw Ewing was traded for me it was like Tsunami disaster

and yes its truth i saw on ESPN that Spurs is best franchise is Sports profession

even when Celtics had 17 titles and Lakers 16 still Spurs are better winning %

totaly shocking news when i saw is that their strongest trio are 2nd alltime after Johnson Jabbar with winning

Lakers got 110 all time playoffs winnin Spurs already 99 which means they can be totaly the best ever next season.

this is why i dont like move for 1 elite player which "maintains" team with winning.

I dont like Spurs but i can have huge respect for them what they done they behaviour their coach which is already called Genious and he has been called for shortest answers interview :)

Wargames

Starter
Knicks need to form their own blueprint and stop trying to follow somebody else's system. We got a legit star we need to get some two wags players around him. Develop an offensive system that isn't to reliant on the 3. Then just wait for Amare and tyson to come off the books. Thats it anything else is just overthinking a clear cut situation.

bigapple

Starter
well this next season is final season for Stat and Tyson and i am very dissapointed with Tyson i will not comment Amare his attacking style is very limited and very readable for defenders that is not some1 who can easly score only with dunks no jump shots

this team need some1 who can play backcourt frontcourt

i dont like teams that when 1 key player is out this is not working OKC

do u think that only Jax can set pieces for this team?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
As long as this organization is ran by people with lack of longterm mentality we'll never be able to build a consistent championship-caliber team. I know it sounds harsh, but it's the way it is. It doesn't take a manager of the year to realize that our front office commits a blunder after blunder. 2009 draft, 2010 offseason, 2011 offseason, 2012/2013 in season roster adjustments... for God's sake, how can you miss out on five-six solid prospect and draft a bench warmer instead? How can you let David Lee walk and sign an older David Lee with bad knees to an uninsured 5 year $100M contract? Or how can you resign an injury-prone 35 year old guard to a $14M contract just to amnesty him a few months later? And last but not least, how dafuq can you trade a solid defensive minded guard for peanuts and keep an injured out of retirement bigman instead?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
As long as this organization is ran by people with lack of longterm mentality we'll never be able to build a consistent championship-caliber team. I know it sounds harsh, but it's the way it is. It doesn't take a manager of the year to realize that our front office commits a blunder after blunder. 2009 draft, 2010 offseason, 2011 offseason, 2012/2013 in season roster adjustments... for God's sake, how can you miss out on five-six solid prospect and draft a bench warmer instead? How can you let David Lee walk and sign an older David Lee with bad knees to an uninsured 5 year $100M contract? Or how can you resign an injury-prone 35 year old guard to a $14M contract just to amnesty him a few months later? And last but not least, how dafuq can you trade a solid defensive minded guard for peanuts and keep an injured out of retirement bigman instead?
Lee:(.....

Kiyaman

Legend
Assistant coach Pop did the opposite of Spurs headcoach Larry Brown.
Headcoach Pop build around Robinson, Elliot, and Avery, then let the 3 players tutor Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker with a lot of "OlD-Heads" on their roster season after season. Having great complimentary role-players like Horry, Malik Rose, Bowen, Kerr, and Finley playing to the beat of coach Pop, helped a lot in getting 4 championship rings.

The Knicks dont have a foundation to build a 1999 Spurs Team, so the 2013 Spurs team is out of the question...

bigapple

Starter
SPurs are playing such style that players are scoring double figures each game all starting five too some reserves too.

POP style is one NO regular scorer like Melo KD Bron his style is TEAM EFFORT well Knicks was playing team effor
till injuries

brain players like Avery Johnson took Dallas to playoffs but lost to 8seed team it hurts

well i dont exactly compare Spurs 99 to Knicks but Knicks lost Ewing so who knows how that would be ended

Spree H20 with JVG sended no1 heat gone fishin in 1st round @ their floor as 8th this is really something

then war against Indiana with famous 4th point play

dont forget 99 was 1st title for Spurs's Duncan Robinson and Avery and they won title @ MSG.

We have to admin without MELO Knicks are 6-8th team in east.

Worst trade was on MELO that Knicks forsaken too many players for 1 Wilson Chandler was too big loos Galinari too.

Kiyaman

Legend

:agreed:
Lercher .... Great Post!

The long term plan of having committed players & coaches has never been apart of the Knicks organization ..
And still we are hard nose Knicks Fans .... :2cents:
trading 2 championship rings Walt Clyde Frazier to Cleveland in the 1970's threw all us Knicks Fans a hard curve-ball to land Knicks Fans in the Felt Forum to praise Dr. Julius Erving in the ABA League's NY Nets team (the Knicks $7 dollar seats at the time went down to $5 dollars lol).
And trading Bill Cartwright (who was tutoring a sloppy Patrick Ewing) to the Chicago Bulls so Jordan could get his first Championship Ring .. then trading our rookie of the year PG Mark Jackson to the Spurs to average 13 or 14 assist per game from David Robinson .. time let us Knicks fans forgive about the what if - what if we had Twin Towers of Cartwright & Ewing with PF-Anthony Mason plus a backcourt of Mark & Starks .... But the trading of All-Star double-double team-player-David Lee that wouldve cost us $11M per were not the proof of a non-committed organization toward its players, then give me the BIG-Bucks $$$ to put on a Knicks Jersey from 3 players total salary for the 2013-14 season $58M should be enough proof when compared to the 3 teammates who took their team to the FINALS 3 consecutive times $56M in 2013-14 season.

bigapple

Starter
check roster from 00-10 miserable

Jalen Rose Malik Rose Starbury Duhon Al harrington Q Rich Fred Jones Othela Harrington Travis Knight Howard Eisley C Weatherspoon M Doleac P Hardaway McDyess V Baker F Wiliams

i wont be listing longer all players which was traded to NY was way ago after their prime

none of them was playing D and none of them was scoring big time

they even score Glen Rice or Luc Longley

Knicks are richest franchise but now they singned long term players that now simply dissapoints.

Knicks just now after longs years have proper coach but not championship coach.

I dont know when Knicks we sing player with D abilty like Starks Mason oakley and ewing

that times there was no proper PG Ward or Child was awful Ward should be played in NFL .

B4 Melo Knicks got only H20 and Sprewell as playoff players.

goin back memoery from 2nd part of 90s just look @ heat roster

ZO T-hard PJ Brown MAshburn Majerle all of them are D players.

Kiyaman

Legend
check roster from 00-10 miserable

Jalen Rose Malik Rose Starbury Duhon Al harrington Q Rich Fred Jones Othela Harrington Travis Knight Howard Eisley C Weatherspoon M Doleac P Hardaway McDyess V Baker F Wiliams

i wont be listing longer all players which was traded to NY was way ago after their prime

none of them was playing D and none of them was scoring big time

they even score Glen Rice or Luc Longley

Knicks are richest franchise but now they singned long term players that now simply dissapoints.

Knicks just now after longs years have proper coach but not championship coach.

I dont know when Knicks we sing player with D abilty like Starks Mason oakley and ewing

that times there was no proper PG Ward or Child was awful Ward should be played in NFL .

B4 Melo Knicks got only H20 and Sprewell as playoff players.

goin back memoery from 2nd part of 90s just look @ heat roster

ZO T-hard PJ Brown MAshburn Majerle all of them are D players.

PG-Chris Childs offense/defence were a B average starter on the Nets, Knicks, and Raptors .... the Raptors beat us in the first round in 5 games off the strength of PG-Childs & PF-Oakley .. Spree & H2O over-played Carter & T-Mac in that series.
That's the series where Oakley told his teammate Vince Carter he need to step-up his performance in the postseason-games...

bigapple

Starter
Why this freak cant sold this team if he cant organize franchise as winning.

Dolan know anything bout basketball IQ?

in basketball shooting 30-40 is not the key but D and brain shots.

bigapple

Starter
PG-Chris Childs offense/defence were a B average starter on the Nets, Knicks, and Raptors .... the Raptors beat us in the first round in 5 games off the strength of PG-Childs & PF-Oakley .. Spree & H2O over-played Carter & T-Mac in that series.
That's the series where Oakley told his teammate Vince Carter he need to step-up his performance in the postseason-games...

but Spree and H20 was playing in finals Carter never reach finals

Carter is type of player that played in inprope teams wich average coaches T-Mac also was unlucky 3-1 in 1st round then gone 3-4

both of them should be traded to 1 team they spend to much time in diffrent teams.