can Knicks create like Spurs franchise?

NewYork

Benchwarmer
1. Popovich is a General that isn't influenced by players. Melo or any other one star for that matter wouldn't change the way Popovich would coach. 2. Tim Duncan is an unselfish player that allows other people on the team to get the glory. His unselfishness is contagious to the team because he is obviously the respected "enlisted" leader of the team. If Pop is the General, Duncan is the Sergeant Major. 3. They have the all around free flowing basketball on offense and defense that teams strive for by enlisting people in their team that trusts the proven leadership, trusts the other players to score, and each single player tries not to do too much on their own because of the proven synergistic style that Popovich brings to the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: pat

NewYork

Benchwarmer
The Heat are in a way similar to the Spurs in the aspects I've mentioned above but the Spurs are obviously more seasoned and experienced.

bigapple

Starter
most experience guys in Spurs arent big number its just big 3 + T-Mac Bonner and Diaw others is just good coached

but they are coached to be team not personalias that have to just score

in mine country ppl called Heat comercialized team big comerciales duo with ref/Stern help

in Knicks i see brain players Pablo Thomas Melo need just coach that set him up

btw playoffss Barron hasnt played anything i forgot that he should be played instead of Chandler.

What impressing me alot from POP side he is taking timeout when he will see 3 possesion wrong /didnt like it

even when game is done

NewYork

Benchwarmer
most experience guys in Spurs arent big number its just big 3 + T-Mac Bonner and Diaw others is just good coached

but they are coached to be team not personalias that have to just score

in mine country ppl called Heat comercialized team big comerciales duo with ref/Stern help

btw playoffss Barron hasnt played anything i forgot that he should be played instead of Chandler.

What impressing me alot from POP side he is taking timeout when he will see 3 possesion wrong /didnt like it

even when game is done
Only 3? I'm talking about the franchise. It takes more than just the players to set up a team like the way the Spurs did and to keep the success going. The team leaders sets the mood and foundation for the rest of the people who come into the team to learn how the organization plays and what the team expects from the players. When I say most experienced, I'm talking about multiple champions and trips to the playoffs. You have players and coaches that when even the most self centered player comes into the team, they have to respect them.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Although I agree with you that the Knicks need a better coach to implement a smarter offense, it takes more than that. You can have the smartest player in the NBA, but how is he going to structure his team's mentality to agree and trust his intelligence? The player needs to command respect from the players to follow him. Pablo and other players might have the intelligence but he needs the credibility for the other players on the team to play the way he sees best. Intelligence is an important aspect in everything but in an organization or in a group, you need to command leadership to put those things into effect. The best way to command leadership is experience. Who would you listen to? A great player who plays the best in the NBA but has never won a championship and never even made it to the finals or semi-finals, or someone who isn't the best player in the NBA but only the best in his team where the team made it to the playoffs many times and won 5 championships and was regarded as the one of the best teams in the last two decades?

Last edited:

pat

Starter
1. Popovich is a General that isn't influenced by players. Melo or any other one star for that matter wouldn't change the way Popovich would coach. 2. Tim Duncan is an unselfish player that allows other people on the team to get the glory. His unselfishness is contagious to the team because he is obviously the respected "enlisted" leader of the team. If Pop is the General, Duncan is the Sergeant Major. 3. They have the all around free flowing basketball on offense and defense that teams strive for by enlisting people in their team that trusts the proven leadership, trusts the other players to score, and each single player tries not to do too much on their own because of the proven synergistic style that Popovich brings to the table.

This is a spot on analysis. The way they play allows them to go with the hot hand as well. This is very impressive and shows you that you can't manage an NBA team as if it were a computer game. Just looking at their roster you would say that they have no business being in the finals.

bigapple

Starter
Although I agree with you that the Knicks need a better coach to implement a smarter offense, it takes more than that. You can have the smartest player in the NBA, but how is he going to structure his team's mentality to agree and trust his intelligence? The player needs to command respect from the players to follow him. Pablo and other players might have the intelligence but he needs the credibility for the other players on the team to play the way he sees best. Intelligence is an important aspect in everything but in an organization or in a group, you need to command leadership to put those things into effect. The best way to command leadership is experience. Who would you listen to? A great player who plays the best in the NBA but has never won a championship and never even made it to the finals or semi-finals, or someone who isn't the best player in the NBA but only the best in his team where the team made it to the playoffs many times and won 5 championships and was regarded as the one of the best teams in the last two decades?

personaly i will strip few player in Knicks right now and bring PG and 2nd scorer

i mine list players fro strip right now are STAT TYSON FELTON CAMBY JR they all wont bring D anymore

if that would be possible i would bring Curry as PG i dont want Paul , Artest Wilson Chandler

and if that would be possible coach Rivers only person that could play against heat/bulls

what i hate most current in Knicks offense is their waisting time for dribbling.

When i see Spurs they are passing ball which looks like triangle

defenders scoring headake and ball can even finish as layup just under glass.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
personaly i will strip few player in Knicks right now and bring PG and 2nd scorer

i mine list players fro strip right now are STAT TYSON FELTON CAMBY JR they all wont bring D anymore

if that would be possible i would bring Curry as PG i dont want Paul , Artest Wilson Chandler

and if that would be possible coach Rivers only person that could play against heat/bulls

what i hate most current in Knicks offense is their waisting time for dribbling.

When i see Spurs they are passing ball which looks like triangle

defenders scoring headake and ball can even finish as layup just under glass.

Stop the nba2k transactions

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Wargames

Starter
Once again I got to say the knicks need to build their own identity and just focus on creating a winning culture. We got a couple more years of Melo in his prime and an FO that isnt slap happy to trade away first round picks. Unfortunately the new CBA is built to inhibit teams with contracts like the Knicks or the Heat. However two more seasons to go and we should be clear to make a game changer move to the roster.

CA7

Scoring Champ

I logged in to applaud this post

it all starts with coaching and no true coach will ever succumb to a player.

While I like Woody I just don't think he's at the level we need to create that type of consistency

bigapple

Starter
if u rememebr what done MELO for Knicks in game 6 it was tie then he decided to be hero and ended with 2 TO's + and 1

and Knicks lost

thats not type of system which even POP using

MELO playing ISOMania which mostly ended as offsensive foul or miss
he is almost no driving into pain and very limited jump short

in SPURS whole team is passing ball and taking only brain shots

only JAX knew how to stop SPURS but JAX also lost finals not only once when POP none.

CA7

Scoring Champ
if u rememebr what done MELO for Knicks in game 6 it was tie then he decided to be hero and ended with 2 TO's + and 1

and Knicks lost

only JAX knew how to stop SPURS but JAX also lost finals not only once when POP none.

You don't know **** about basketball dead ass

Kiyaman

Legend

and Knicks lost

Sometime u have to forgive those who know nothing about being a winning TEAM contender .. selfishness is a bliss of an addiction for so many peeps (players & fans) who one-sided mind can only think and compete for individual awards .. Being a Team-Leader on a job lead to team-success that forces other members to follow suit (Duncan, Ginobli, Parker .. or KG, Pierce, Ray, Rondo).

How many consistent 20 pt games did our career high scorer Amare have this season?
How many consistent double-double did Tyson Chandler have this season?
How many consistent double-double did Felton have this season?
How many consistent individual-minded DUMMIES in KO forum yelling "Melo for MVP" this season?
I guess ISO-Melo being the highest scorer on the USA GOLD medal Olympic Team deserve the MVP over CP3, Kobe, Lebron, DWade, Durant, Harding, and Westbrook too .. LMAO :smokin:
The USA Gold Medal Olympic team did not need an individual ISO-Melo on the team...

Did someone mention Reps ........

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Sometime u have to forgive those who know nothing about being a winning TEAM contender .. selfishness is a bliss of an addiction for so many peeps (players & fans) who one-sided mind can only think and compete for individual awards .. Being a Team-Leader on a job lead to team-success that forces other members to follow suit (Duncan, Ginobli, Parker .. or KG, Pierce, Ray, Rondo).

How many consistent 20 pt games did our career high scorer Amare have this season?
How many consistent double-double did Tyson Chandler have this season?
How many consistent double-double did Felton have this season?
How many consistent individual-minded DUMMIES in KO forum yelling "Melo for MVP" this season?
I guess ISO-Melo being the highest scorer on the USA GOLD medal Olympic Team deserve the MVP over CP3, Kobe, Lebron, DWade, Durant, Harding, and Westbrook too .. LMAO :smokin:
The USA Gold Medal Olympic team did not need an individual ISO-Melo on the team...

Did someone mention Reps ........

Kobe has 5 rings and he was and is notoriously a selfish ball hog even more then melo, paul pierce is a jack too. The year the mavs won dirk was looking selfish esque. The thing is you can win with an iso offense IF your defense is on point. Not individual defense but team defense your create turnovers and get easy buckets in transition, those easy buckets come with an assist that while people think all these players are these great oriented team first passers they aren't. They just get easy transition assists. That's our problem its not melo or really our offense. We're the best half court team in the league but we don't get any easy buckets.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bigapple

Starter
in 2011 whole Dallas was playing on Dirk he alsone won batter against Heat duo. They even disrespect him during his lil sickness and then lost 3 game in a row which no one belived that some1 can beat heat 3 games in a row in finals.

Kobe should have own just 4 rings not 5.

Criticizing melo is not in right place Knicks arent top team without him he need company in 2nd scorer and Knicks need PG like Curry/Paker level then they can compete against Heat and others.
I am not critizicing D in playoffs D was much better but offense went down. Especialy in Tyson and JR.