JKidd interested in Nets coaching job

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Adrian Wojnarowski

‏@WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources: Jason Kidd is pursuing the Brooklyn Nets head coaching job.

:teeth::teeth:

erivera

Benchwarmer
he's interested because he knows the nets want to hire a big name, and he won't have to go get coaching experience beforehand. i think it would be a mistake hiring him right away.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Despise The Nets and would love for them to make this mistake!

Kidd very well could end up being a great coach but right now is not the time.

There are too many good established coaches out there right now for a team to take a gamble on him...

Too bad Phoenix and Mil. have hired coaches already because these would be the type of teams that would hire Kidd for next season, but a team with a chance at winning next year is not going to.

tiger0330

Legend
Has to be one of the worst coaching jobs in the league. High expectations and little patience with that team, if Avery lasted 28 games Kidd might last a month. They wouldn't hire him anyway, Kidd is just blowing smoke.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jason Kidd became the Headcoach of the NJ Nets when Kidd & Kenyon Martin had headcoach Byron Scott Fired, and went on a 16 game win streak to make the assistant water-boy coach Frank look like a headcoach.

Jason Kidd selecting his own coaching-staff (Rasheed, Kurt Thomas, and ???), plus getting the organization to sign one or two old-head FA (Marion & K-Mart), Headcoach Jason Kidd would have Nets bigmen "Lopez, Blatch, and Evans" win the Atlantic Division Title next season.

We messed-up big-time by not letting Jason Kidd coach our team throughout the 2012-13 season, plus tutor Jeremy Lin for a full season to prepare Lin for the postseason games (We threw Lin to the WOLVES last offseason, N.Y. endorsements would have had Lin settle for $5M per).

So many Knicks Fans were blinded by Jason Kidd outstanding all-around performance on both ends of the court in the 4th quarter of each game because they didnt see points. We traded Brewer for no player in return, because 9 out of 10 it was Jason Kidd who recruited his ex-teammate Kenyon Martin to take us on a 13 game win streak .. this was done before the so-call injuries to players Amare, Tyson, and Melo.
The day we sign Jason Kidd last offseason, I automatically predicted we were going to win the Atlantic Division Title...

metrocard

Legend
Jason Kidd became the Headcoach of the NJ Nets when Kidd & Kenyon Martin had headcoach Byron Scott Fired, and went on a 16 game win streak to make the assistant water-boy coach Frank look like a headcoach.

Jason Kidd selecting his own coaching-staff (Rasheed, Kurt Thomas, and ???), plus getting the organization to sign one or two old-head FA (Marion & K-Mart), Headcoach Jason Kidd would have Nets bigmen "Lopez, Blatch, and Evans" win the Atlantic Division Title next season.

We messed-up big-time by not letting Jason Kidd coach our team throughout the 2012-13 season, plus tutor Jeremy Lin for a full season to prepare Lin for the postseason games (We threw Lin to the WOLVES last offseason, N.Y. endorsements would have had Lin settle for $5M per).

So many Knicks Fans were blinded by Jason Kidd outstanding all-around performance on both ends of the court in the 4th quarter of each game because they didnt see points. We traded Brewer for no player in return, because 9 out of 10 it was Jason Kidd who recruited his ex-teammate Kenyon Martin to take us on a 13 game win streak .. this was done before the so-call injuries to players Amare, Tyson, and Melo.
The day we sign Jason Kidd last offseason, I automatically predicted we were going to win the Atlantic Division Title...

Kiyaman for Knicks GM.

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Maybe it was melo who recruited kmart. They did play together longer.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tiger0330

Legend
Kidd's floating Frank's name as his assistant.
Then it might work just like it did with Byron Scott. Frank did all the work for Scott, Kidd must remember that.

I can see JKidd back then, him thinking .. Damn Byron does nothing Larry does all the work, I could be a HC when I retire if I had someone like Larry.

Kiyaman

Legend
Maybe it was melo who recruited kmart. They did play together longer.

Melo recruited JR not K-Mart .. last season JR was immediately signed for the rest of the season, plus immediately put in the rotation, JR was given 33 minutes of playingtime in his first game as a Knicks when we were already on a 5 game win streak.
JR's chaotic behavior in China deserve a 10 day contract.
K-Mart was sign to a 10 day contract, and didnt get any playingtime until his 2nd 10 day contract.
Recall .. K-Mart was injury-prone throughout half of his 6 yr Max contract with Melo, K-Mart got healthy when Billups became a Nuggets. Plus K-Mart first season comment on coach Karl having no-strategy for postseason games lead to K-Mart not playing in the Nuggets next two seasons in the playoff .. sounds familiar to Melo & Amare.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Then it might work just like it did with Byron Scott. Frank did all the work for Scott, Kidd must remember that.

I can see JKidd back then, him thinking .. Damn Byron does nothing Larry does all the work, I could be a HC when I retire if I had someone like Larry.

Head coach Byron Scott was never afraid to admit his two assistant-coaches Jordan & Tripucka's idea & orchestration of the uptempo-offensive system were a success with Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart leadership running the system.

Byron Scott inherited assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka who were on the Nets coaching-staff 2 years before the hiring of headcoach Byron Scott.
Coach Frank was hired by the Nets the year after the Byron Scott took the Nets to their first season to the FINALS.

Assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka both left the Nets to take the head coaching job of the Washington Wizards, after the Nets consecutive season in the FINALS.
The Nets 3rd season without the assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka on the staff, became so chaotic that headcoach Byron Scott was fired in the middle of the season, and a clueless coach Frank became the interim head coach depended heavy on Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart leadership, but coach Frank folded under pressure with a 3-2 lead in the playoff (with Game-6 at Home in NJ), the Detroit Pistons won the next two games of the series to go to the FINALS .. the Nets wouldve won that series with Byron or Jordan & Tripuka...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Head coach Byron Scott was never afraid to admit his two assistant-coaches Jordan & Tripucka's idea & orchestration of the uptempo-offensive system were a success with Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart leadership running the system.

Byron Scott inherited assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka who were on the Nets coaching-staff 2 years before the hiring of headcoach Byron Scott.
Coach Frank was hired by the Nets the year after the Byron Scott took the Nets to their first season to the FINALS.

Assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka both left the Nets to take the head coaching job of the Washington Wizards, after the Nets consecutive season in the FINALS.
The Nets 3rd season without the assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka on the staff, became so chaotic that headcoach Byron Scott was fired in the middle of the season, and a clueless coach Frank became the interim head coach depended heavy on Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart leadership, but coach Frank folded under pressure with a 3-2 lead in the playoff (with Game-6 at Home in NJ), the Detroit Pistons won the next two games of the series to go to the FINALS .. the Nets wouldve won that series with Byron or Jordan & Tripuka...

There goes kiya guessing and where i have to put him in check again... U said frank folded? I keep tellin u i know my mans career. Kidd didn't even have a single fg in that game 7 so u tell me who folded. Learn your stop makin silly guesses of how u think things are becausr u always wrong with your assessments. We all love kidd but that loss back then,was on him not frank. Frank came in and they went on a tear

tiger0330

Legend

Don't agree about Jordan and Tripucka (O'Koren) vs Frank. Jordan was overrated as his head coaching stints showed and now he's pitching softballs in the minor leagues of college bball. Tripucka was never a coach with the Nets, he was a color analyst you're thinking of Mike O'Koren who is a career asst coach in the NBA.

As far as Byron, it was no secret that he relied heavily on his fledgling asst to do most of the work and a lot of the coaching on that team. It was recognized otherwise the Nets would have never named him head coach, Frank also had a good run in NJ.

Kiyaman

Legend
Don't agree about Jordan and Tripucka (O'Koren) vs Frank. Jordan was overrated as his head coaching stints showed and now he's pitching softballs in the minor leagues of college bball. Tripucka was never a coach with the Nets, he was a color analyst you're thinking of Mike O'Koren who is a career asst coach in the NBA.

As far as Byron, it was no secret that he relied heavily on his fledgling asst to do most of the work and a lot of the coaching on that team. It was recognized otherwise the Nets would have never named him head coach, Frank also had a good run in NJ.

My mistake it was Jordan & Mike O'Koren .. u r absolutely right.
(what was their offense called? b/c it made Arenas into a max contract player lol).

Byron Scott was Fired after the Nets lose 5 or 6 straight games from the team playing with no effort .. when interim coach Frank took over the Nets went on a 14 or 16 game winning streak .. playing the same exact way they been playing the past 2 seasons under Byron Scott.
The Nets GM ???, put a stop to Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart calling all the shots on the team that offseason, because all their wins in 3 seasons were not putting fans in the seats in Meadowland Stadium, so in the 2004 offseason Nets GM ???, rehired interim coach Frank as the headcoach for half the salary of Byron, then traded Kittles to the low-life Clippers, then sign n trade K-Mart to Denver Nuggets, while still having to pay MIA Byron, Mourning, and Mutombo.

tiger0330

Legend
Pete Carrill's "Princeton Offense". Mike Brown hired Eddie Jordan to implement it in LA and Mike D'Antoni fired Eddie Jordan because he had no use for it.

Kiyaman

Legend
There goes kiya guessing and where i have to put him in check again... U said frank folded? I keep tellin u i know my mans career. Kidd didn't even have a single fg in that game 7 so u tell me who folded. Learn your stop makin silly guesses of how u think things are becausr u always wrong with your assessments. We all love kidd but that loss back then,was on him not frank. Frank came in and they went on a tear

There u go again thinking its all about scoring ..
Game-6 was a must-win at HOME for the Nets.
Losing game-6 meant the Nets loss the series .. any top-10 coach knew this.
Coach Larry Brown and Billups had the Pistons pumped-up to the next level after beating the Nets in game-6 in NJ.
In Game-7 at Detroit Ben Wallace was so pump-up grab 20 rebounds (9 offensive-rebounds).
And the Nets had Mutombo & Mourning under contract that season lol :smokin:

Kidd did not become a HOF from his career poor scoring .. assist-leader, triple-double-leader, team-leader, improving teammates performance are all the tangibles that made Jason Kidd a Hall of Famer...