Sources: Bucks want Smith and Copeland

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The Milwaukee Bucks have "strong" interest in the New York Knicks' J.R. Smith and also want to make an offer to his teammate Chris Copeland, two league sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

The Bucks will be entering free agency with their starting backcourt, Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis, testing free agency. But they also have leverage because they are under the cap, unlike the Knicks, and they can outbid for the services of Smith and Copeland.

The most Smith can make in New York is $5.58 million with early Bird rights. He declined his player option of $2.9 million earlier this month, making him an unrestricted free agent. For Copeland, who is now a restricted free agent because the Knicks extended an qualifying offer to him on Tuesday, the highest amount he could receive is $3.18 million -- the Knicks' mini mid-level exception.

According to one league source, several other suitors will make pitches for Smith and Copeland. Smith has received early interest from the Detroit Pistons and Phoenix Suns, and Copeland's list includes the Dallas Mavericks, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder, Toronto Raptors, Utah Jazz and Washington Wizards.

Both Smith and Copeland have expressed a burning desire to stay in New York. After the season, Smith said, "I want to retire a Knick. I don't want to go anywhere else." And Copeland said, "I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be."
Jared Zwerling and Chris Broussard | ESPNNewYork.com

metrocard

Legend
They would be great for the Bucks since they need scoring at the SG/SF position.

I believe JR Smith leaving New York would be better for Shumpert's development and confidence. The more responsibility for Shump, the better he gets.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
They would be great for the Bucks since they need scoring at the SG/SF position.

I believe JR Smith leaving New York would be better for Shumpert's development and confidence. The more responsibility for Shump, the better he gets.

any deal of course has either Stat or T.C. being traded... since only T.C. has value, maybe we can trade him for a draft pick open the door to a sign and trade...

since Knicks will open up some room sign Copeland then re-sign J.R. and trade both to the Bucks maybe even throw in Novak...

Bucks sign and trade Monta Ellis and throw in Drew Gooden...

Could be eventful for both sides...

:eek:hboy:

Wargames

Starter
Fu*k the bullsh*t I hope JR stays the east is looking like its going to get tough as hell next year and the knicks could use his scoring off the bench. The last thing the knicks need is too lose another roleplayer for nothing let alone two to conference jokes like the bucks that will only make the knicks weaker. Yeah he sh*t the bed in the playoffs but Tyson sh*t the bed even more and we can't move him either.... so fu*k it.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
No1 is talkin bout N8 Robinson wana leave da bulls.

only reason is he is going to command at least $6 per maybe a little more and how are we going to contend with just a MLE of $3.18 M... really a mood point to be talking about someone we can't afford...