Is there ANY good reason to trade Chandler?

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Lebron, Rose, and Durant are great ideas just one thing though

they aren't free agents this summer nor do they play center besides I d rather beat them for the Championship in New York!

Paul1355

All Star
I understand people's frustrations with him, and even if it was mainly due to him being sick and being injured, I'd take my chances on a guy who's sick and can play through injury versus a guy who can't play a lot every/almost every season and wasn't ever DPOY. While Camby might still be able to play great, he's 39 and has been injured and not been able to play a lot of his career. Kenyon Martin is great, but I don't feel safe with him as our only above average interior defender either because of his past injuries.

I don't know about players in the draft, or about other centers in the NBA's seemingly future ability, but we know what Chandler has done in the recent past, won a championship with his defense and changed the Knicks' defense for the better. Do NOT forget what you want, and that's a championship. You think the Knicks can win just by scoring and perimeter defense? Did you see the Pacers against Chandler and Martin? Chandler wasn't healthy, you think the Knicks can get somebody else to do a better job? The Pacers' big men aren't the only ones the Knicks have to be ready for. Also, they need to defend great slashers.

I'm not saying there's no other alternative to Chandler, but I don't see there being any. Tell me what you think. Besides, would it be that shocking for him to return to form? The team defense has the potential to be good, so if Chandler is healthy, he just needs to not worry about foul trouble as much and scare opponents from coming in the paint.

Hopefully Chandler works with Hakeem. I do think Chandler can be smooth on offense and score a solid amount more.
Let me make the arguement that Chandler is over rated. He did not deserve to be all nba defense, since Marc Gasol was DPOY and was on defense 2nd team...tell me how that happens two years in a row.

Chandler had a down year compared to his first year in NY, where he was more aggressive on offense and actually clogged up the paint on defense. This year he was hesistant and did not want to get in foul trouble, causing him to either foul non stop or play loose and lazy defense.

He refuses to work on a post game which continues to hamper us when we struggle scoring. Chandler is 7'2 and can't even work on a hook shot of any kind its realy sad. So basically whenever Felton is not driving to the hoop, Chandler becomes non existant on offense.

He needs to be motivated on rebounding, when we saw Woodson sit down with him leading to a few 20 rebound performances.

The playoffs exposed Chandler and he was really a non factor. Hibbert made him his b*tch and outrebounded him as if CHandler was 6'2 instead of 7'2.

RIght now I would trade Chandler while his value is high and before he starts to get injured a lot. He was injury prone years ago and has had some luck no geting hurt even though he plays reckless.

He is getting paid too much to simply be an athletic alley oop center/ ra ra kind of guy. I would pick Noah, Hibbert, Verajao over him in the East because they can change a game based on their hustle and skill. Chandler is just an athletic bruiser that is limited.

I would rather trade him right now.

Paul1355

All Star
Why not put a trade package together with Chandler, Novak and perhaps Felton or future picks to create space to Pick up Al Jefferson or Andrew Bynum, who both can score in the block? For PG we move Shump to PG, or pick up either CP3, DJ Augustine, Mo Williams, Nate Robinson, Jose Calderon via from Free Agency, or trade for Rondo or even Greivis Vasquez

Felton would prob stay here until his contract expires since we traded him prematurily for Melo. He is also a solid backup PG if a better one comes along. Chandler and Novak should be moved but that is a lot of salary.

Do you really want to trade for Bynum? He missed the entire season. Want another Eddy CUrry?

Al Jefferson can do some damage but he wont help on defense. As bad as Chandler was on defense this year, Jefferson is worse. I would prefer a pure Center that has some post game.

Paul1355

All Star
Even though the Knicks won both games, Nikola Peckovic pretty much son'd Tyson in both games.

The way the dude sprints down the court, gets position, seals his man off and just waits -- moves-- goes back and waits, and can finish effectively with both hands off of either block...

I don't wanna make it sound like I'm disrespecting what Tyson means to the team, but I just envision what the offense would look like if the D had to worry about a low post player who has size, strength and a few go-to moves. While that guy can also defend his position on D.

A two-way player at the 5 along with Melo...damn..
Pekovic is a good pick up. I would trade Chandler for him. He is a big dude that knows how to play like a center. Tyson gets bullied by bigger centers like Hibbert. I dont think Pekovic would have been man handled by Hibbert in a playoff series.

Pekovic is underrated while Chandler is over rated.

petescud

Starter
Ok, Felton, isn't the best PG...but at least he tries...he'd be the best back up PG in the league imo. Chandler on the other hand is way over rated and we should try to package him for Asik. I'd do Beverly and Asik for Chandler in a heart beat. Wonder if the $$$ match....I don't see why Houston would want another Center though. Imagine Chandler as D12's backup