Tim Hardaway Jr.

metrocard

Legend
You're in denial.
You said if we get Nash, Knicks win it all, not only go to the finals, but win it all. You're dumb. I exposed you completely and you look even more pathetic in denying it.

Nash had a cool season, but he was going to turn 37 years old and was on the decline. Next two season he has been battling injuries and aging. Why would Knicks trade their #1 prospect for a rental player? I don't mind trading for Nash, but anyone but Shumpert and Anthony. That's just crazy.

Well, you opted out for Nash over Paul. If you were a true Paul fan, you would stay dedicated to CP3.

Don't you think the NBA and every team in the league has figured out Mike D'Antoni? I respect his track record and his success as a coach. Sadly, his style of coaching is no longer effective in the league, I use to be a big D'Antoni supporter and I turned out to be very wrong. I don't think a D'Antoni even with Nash at the time would win a championship. I believe they get out of the first round and it ends there. Defense is such a proponent in the playoffs.

Brown is a great rebounder, but doesn't protect the rim enough for a center. Knicks are last in shot blocking and pretty overall one of the weakest teams in defending the interior. Only if I could flash back in time when I was advocating the Knicks to draft Serge Ibaka...one of the many prospects I projected to be impactful in the NBA.

Did I say anything there in that screenshot re needing Nash to get to the finals?? You sir are making things up. You are a liar and you haven't exposed anything.

Be careful w posting screen shots cause two can play that game. And if you are going to do that at least back up what you said I said re Nash. You always move the goal post. Try to back up what you say.

1. Trading Iman for Steve Nash at that time was plausible considering the season Nash had just come off of and the fact Shump was still an unknown entity.

2. I have never said I wanted Nash over CP3. Never ever never lol. You're a liar. I've been the biggest proponent of getting CP3 since I joined the forum and you of all people know that, atleast you should smh.

3. Already proved this was a lie. Now you say "help us get to the championship". Yes i believed he could've helped us if we still had MDA and Amare and Melo we're healthy. I never said anything re getting to the finals, or helping us get to a championship as you're saying now. Metro, I'm careful not yo say certain things. Don't try to misportray what I've posted. That is what is happening here. I know when to hedge.

4. Kwame Brown could've been effective in a platoon of bigs. On a team w a good PG and a healthy Amare and Melo he would be useful. He's still young. As we've seen re our bigs youth is necessary if you want to have healthy guys in April.

Try to spin your Glenn Robinson comparison all you want but it was just dumb. Same w you saying we shouldn't have traded for Melo.

Metro, I don't think anybody on this board believes Hardaway Jr. is gonna be an immediate star for this team. But to be so against this pick at this point in time makes little sense. The fact of the matter is that Tim did display intangibles during his time at Michigan, and always opted to put the play of the team before individual numbers. I was really pleased with the pick considering where we got him. Shumpert had his fair share of doubters when we took him at 17. And look at what he has done. While he's a different player than Shump, I am expecting Tim to have a similar positive impact for us, and develop into a solid role player as early as his rookie year.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You're in denial.
You said if we get Nash, Knicks win it all, not only go to the finals, but win it all. You're dumb. I exposed you completely and you look even more pathetic in denying it.

Nash had a cool season, but he was going to turn 37 years old and was on the decline. Next two season he has been battling injuries and aging. Why would Knicks trade their #1 prospect for a rental player? I don't mind trading for Nash, but anyone but Shumpert and Anthony. That's just crazy.

Well, you opted out for Nash over Paul. If you were a true Paul fan, you would stay dedicated to CP3.

Don't you think the NBA and every team in the league has figured out Mike D'Antoni? I respect his track record and his success as a coach. Sadly, his style of coaching is no longer effective in the league, I use to be a big D'Antoni supporter and I turned out to be very wrong. I don't think a D'Antoni even with Nash at the time would win a championship. I believe they get out of the first round and it ends there. Defense is such a proponent in the playoffs.

Brown is a great rebounder, but doesn't protect the rim enough for a center. Knicks are last in shot blocking and pretty overall one of the weakest teams in defending the interior. Only if I could flash back in time when I was advocating the Knicks to draft Serge Ibaka...one of the many prospects I projected to be impactful in the NBA.

Show me where I said "if we get Nash we win it all".

Show me and I'll admit you're right. I gave you a link to try and prove it. Common Metro show everyone that you're right and how smart you are.

Please just once back up your ridiculousness.

All you're doing is talking out of the side of your neck. This is what you do. You're a fraud and you've proved nothing..

Never said anything re Nash over Paul. Find where I said that please.

You won't because I never did.

What I say on this forum usually makes perfect basketball sense.

Just as I did in my previous post, i am willing and capable of defending the line of thinking behind what I've said in the past. There's always a logic there, unlike w some of your crap.

Some of the things you've posted on this forum simply cannot be defended, no matter how you try to spin.

There are times when you make sense and times when you say outlandish things like some irrational adolesent.

That's the difference here.

Good night sir

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

Show me and I'll admit you're right. I gave you a link to try and prove it. Common Metro show everyone that you're right and how smart you are.

All you're doing is talking out of the side of your neck. This is what you do. You're a fraud and you've proved nothing..

Just as I did in my previous post, i am willing and capable of defending the line of thinking behind what I've said in the past. There's always a logic there, unlike w some of your crap.

Some of the things you've posted on this forum simply cannot be defended, no matter how you try to spin.

There are times when you make sense and times when you say outlandish things like some irrational adolesent.

Good night sir

Leave it buddy, seasons may come and go but metro will always ruin these forums by being the KO nazi, terrible decision to make him a mod.

Paul1355

All Star
He kind of reminds me of J.R. Makes tough shots, very athletic, great in transition, inconsistent, loses focus from time to time, hits clutch shots, not a great ball handler, 6'6....smh too many similarities. But no one is J.R, he is his own breed. Only Monta Ellis is on J.R's level.

metrocard

Legend
Leave it buddy, seasons may come and go but metro will always ruin these forums by being the KO nazi, terrible decision to make him a mod.

Dude...you're as irrelevant of a poster as it gets...I'm not even a moderator right now, and it's not you did anything to make these forums interesting.

I invited people for a classic high level debate...look, Hardaway may end up being Allan Houston for all we know. But it's always interesting to discuss these things before a player breaks out or flops.

You think I'll be mad if Hardaway becomes an excellent NBA player? Not one bit, I'm a Knicks fan before anything.
But these forums are boring without debates and posters posting at their best, something you have no familiarity with, so go back to your lurk hole and read my post on a daily basis. You're just another dude who couldn't handle the debate and just became a lurker. Don't feel alone.

Good night sir

Rono, you made a thread saying if we get Nash we'll win the chip...can't you read the image? Did the image file not work? Let me know.

I'm the real deal Holyfield. The only frauds are those who are afraid to be critical of their team. It's all love. You take my love the wrong way.

I haven't seen anything convincing about a 37 year old Steve Nash being able to take the Knicks to the championship and being worth trading up Iman Shumpert...that's all I'm saying. Before you judge my post, recognize that you're far from perfect. We all make mistakes, it's those who can accept them that grow stronger the next day. I don't know why you settle for weakness. Just let it go.

Back to Tim Hardaway Jr.

I believe Tim can play a JR Smith type role, I recognize he has a good turnover to assist ratio...he almost average 3 assist at Michigan even that team had two other talented perimeter players he had to share the ball with.

If Tim can develop his ball handling, slashing and getting to the FT line, perimeter defense, and shot selection...he could replace JR, but I don't think it's possible to do within one summer.

You know what's funny.

A guy like Tim Hardaway Jr. would be perfect for the ACB league (Spanish Basketball) or even in Italy or France. He could develop his game and come to the United States more polished.

I watched some clips of Tim, it seems like he doesn't like contact or physical basketball. We can't have that on the Knicks since we have to deal with LeBron, Wade, the refs, Pacers, Bulls and new Nyets who are basically the Brooklyn Nets + Boston Celtics without Rondo. It's going to be a tough season.

metrocard

Legend
Metro, I don't think anybody on this board believes Hardaway Jr. is gonna be an immediate star for this team. But to be so against this pick at this point in time makes little sense. The fact of the matter is that Tim did display intangibles during his time at Michigan, and always opted to put the play of the team before individual numbers. I was really pleased with the pick considering where we got him. Shumpert had his fair share of doubters when we took him at 17. And look at what he has done. While he's a different player than Shump, I am expecting Tim to have a similar positive impact for us, and develop into a solid role player as early as his rookie year.

It makes a lot of sense considering how much of an interesting prospect Mitchell is, from North Texas. I invite you to research his game.

In Tim Hardaway Jr's rookie season, what numbers do you project him to average?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Dude...you're as irrelevant of a poster as it gets...I'm not even a moderator right now, and it's not you did anything to make these forums interesting.

I invited people for a classic high level debate...look, Hardaway may end up being Allan Houston for all we know. But it's always interesting to discuss these things before a player breaks out or flops.

You think I'll be mad if Hardaway becomes an excellent NBA player? Not one bit, I'm a Knicks fan before anything.
But these forums are boring without debates and posters posting at their best, something you have no familiarity with, so go back to your lurk hole and read my post on a daily basis. You're just another dude who couldn't handle the debate and just became a lurker. Don't feel alone.

Rono, you made a thread saying if we get Nash we'll win the chip...can't you read the image? Did the image file not work? Let me know.

I'm the real deal Holyfield. The only frauds are those who are afraid to be critical of their team. It's all love. You take my love the wrong way.

I haven't seen anything convincing about a 37 year old Steve Nash being able to take the Knicks to the championship and being worth trading up Iman Shumpert...that's all I'm saying. Before you judge my post, recognize that you're far from perfect. We all make mistakes, it's those who can accept them that grow stronger the next day. I don't know why you settle for weakness. Just let it go.

Back to Tim Hardaway Jr.

I believe Tim can play a JR Smith type role, I recognize he has a good turnover to assist ratio...he almost average 3 assist at Michigan even that team had two other talented perimeter players he had to share the ball with.

If Tim can develop his ball handling, slashing and getting to the FT line, perimeter defense, and shot selection...he could replace JR, but I don't think it's possible to do within one summer.

You know what's funny.

A guy like Tim Hardaway Jr. would be perfect for the ACB league (Spanish Basketball) or even in Italy or France. He could develop his game and come to the United States more polished.

I watched some clips of Tim, it seems like he doesn't like contact or physical basketball. We can't have that on the Knicks since we have to deal with LeBron, Wade, the refs, Pacers, Bulls and new Nyets who are basically the Brooklyn Nets + Boston Celtics without Rondo. It's going to be a tough season.

Damn. I didn't notice the title of my thread there til today.

Jesus i amaze myself at times w **** i overlook. Yea none of us is perfect lol

I can be a real idiot sometimes.

Nice to see you're walking back the overreaction re Hardaway a bit.

Rob Low

Rotation player
It makes a lot of sense considering how much of an interesting prospect Mitchell is, from North Texas. I invite you to research his game.

In Tim Hardaway Jr's rookie season, what numbers do you project him to average?

8pts 3rbs 2 ast 20 mins

jimkcchief88

All Star
You're letting people think for you and you're not forming your own opinion.

1. Drafting a player, doesn't make him the best player in the "bunch". We'll have to wait 3-4 years to decide on that. Right now the evidence shows Hardaway Jr isn't the best SG amongst his class, barely top 5 even.

2. Tough decisions? Paid executives get fired and only hold their jobs for 2-4 years. NBA execs get fired often because not everyone can win and not everyone can make the right decision. This is a sports business and if the team isn't succeeding execs have to go. Just because they get salary doesn't mean the decision they make are right. That has yet remain to be seen. You claiming it's the right decision is foolish and very clown-like.

3. Based on everything you don't know about Ledo I can say with confidence he has a better skill set than Hardaway Jr.

ricky-ledo-o.gif

Ledo has the ability to shake his defender and separate from mid-range. This could end up being his bread and butter in the NBA if he can prove that he's reliable as an isolation scorer.

ricky-ledo-for-3-o.gif

Ledo also has gone head to head against John Wall and held his own. The talent is there, what he can do in the NBA we don't know, we'll find out in 3-4 years.

4. We are not built to win now. We're built to make the playoffs. Knicks are barely a top 5 team in the East right now. They need to make moves to improve. Adding youth isn't a bad thing, a lot of young players make contributions in the playoffs.

5. You won't get drafted by the Knicks because your lack of speed, strength and weak body composition.

6. Playing in an elite conference doesn't hold you away from being a bust. Kawhi Leonard played for San Diego St and Damian Lilliard played for Weber State University. Stephen Curry played for Davison. My man Jose Juan Barea played for Northeastern.

The school doesn't make you, because theres a lot of bust and hit and miss players from Michigan and the Big Ten. I know JimCheif is going to get on me for saying that, but it's true. The bigger the school, the most expectations. Expectations are made to be broken.

His game will translate and he'll handle NBA pressure when he struggled in the NCAA? Hasn't been proven. You don't know that. You believe it with no evidence. Santa Claus still exist to you. It's total bias and an opinion with no research or critical thinking. I bet you still believe in the voting system.

I am not really a fan of the Big Ten even though I live in Big Ten country. I usually tease big ten fans and call the conference overrated, but I couldn't say squat this year. The Big Ten was easily the best conference in college hoops last year so I think there is some value added to that fact. I know some great hoopers are overlooked, end up at smaller schools, and flourish in the NBA. But I still think you face tougher competition on a nightly basis playing in a power conference and that means something. Curry has NBA pedigree( not unlike Tim Jr.) so I think he is more of an exception. Jammer Fredette looks to be the latest small school sensation to be an NBA bust.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
6 assist in his rookie season??????

I think he will find it hard to score and will pass it off more so in his first season... Depending who is surrounding him on the floor, like Leslie driving the lane for two or kick out to Copeland for three, he will have to get his bearings before he will become that threat of a scorer... Just how I see him right now being effective enough to contribute...

knicksin60

Starter
A friend of mine who's been on one of the Knicks' D-League affiliates for years has more skills than Tim Hardaway JR but will probably never make it to the NBA because his dad was never an NBA star. Nepotism in the NBA goes a very long way!

mafra

Legend
DJ Augustin shot 43% from 3pt his rookie season and average about 12 points and 4 assist off the bench and made Raymond Felton expendable in Charlotte when DJ won the starting job in 2011. You act like he's a bad player when he had one bad season under the Pacers an entirely new system and coach in comparison with the Bobcats. Augustin is solid as f*ck. 15 ppg 6 asp per 36 type player. Definately, he's not strong, but he got 3pt range, speed and passing skills. He hasn't even entered his prime yet, he will improve. He already put up numbers that Tim Hardaway Jr. will never dream about putting him, so as you d.ckride Timmy, you look foolish bringing up a superior player.

You're making yourself look really dumb right now.
Kawhi Leonard averaged 12 and 9 in the Mountain West....so because he didn't play in the Big Ten stopped him from being a force at SF? Leonard is one of the best young SF's in the world today and he didn't need to play in the Big Ten. The conference didn't make him, he brought intangibles and skills to the table such as rebounding, hustling, and bring a level of energy on defense and offense that makes him a two way player.

Most picks in the 20s are worthless? you're 100% wrong again.

Check out the guys that were picked in the 20s the last 10 years.

2011: #22 Kenneth Faried, #24 Reggie Jackson #25 Marshon Brooks #28 Norris Cole #30 Jimmy Butler even the #19 pick was Tobias Harris and #18 was Iman Shumpert

2010: #23 Trevor Booker, #27 Jordan Crawford #28 Greveis Vazquez #18 Eric Bledsoe #19 Avery Bradley

2009: #21 Darren Collison, #23 Omri Casspi, #25 Rodrigue Beaubois #26 Taj Gibson #29 Toney Douglas Jrue Holiday, Lawson and Teague were picked 3 picks before 20.

2008: #21 Ryan Anderson #22 Courtney Lee #23 Kosta Koufus, 24# Serge Ibaka, #25 Nicolas Batum, #26 George Hill, #27 Darrell Arthur

2007: #22 Jared Dudley #23 Wilson Chandler #24 Rudy Fernandez #26 Aaron Brooks #27 Arron Affalo #28 Tiago Splitter

2006: #21 Rajon Rondo #24 Kyle Lowry #25 Shannon Brown

2005: #21 Nate Robinson, #22 Jarrett Jack, #23 Francisco Garcia, #26 Jason Maxiell, #27 Linas Kleiza, #28 Ian Mahinimi, #30 David Lee

2004: #20 Jameer Nelson, #24 Delonte West, #25 Tony Allen, #26 Kevin Martin, #28 Beno Udrih

2003: #21 Boris Diaw, #25 Carlos Delfino, #27 Kendrick Perkins, #28 Leandro Barbosa, #29 Josh Howard

you couldn't be more wrong. A lot of quality starters and reserve players come from the 18-30s.

Expecting less is a loser mentality, you've had too much Isiah Thomas era corrupt your mind. We don't need to settle for low quality picks. Theres always a worthy player in the 20s.

My choice would of been Tony Mitchell to move Melo back to SF, not Franklin. Franklin is a better player than Hardaway but we don't need another guard. I rather the Knicks sign Delfino, Allen or Garcia to replace JR Smith. We already got our young SG in Shumpert. Hardaway won't develop playing behind Shump.

Dude, throughout this thread you've proven to be a dumbass who doesn't research his stuff and goes by what you are feeling or which ever player gives you the biggest boner, you probably think Tim has a cute goatee. You would make the Knicks a worse team than the Bobcats if you were GM. Atleast I back up my opinion with logic and facts, whether my prediction turns out to be right or wrong I always put up a strong argument and you can never take that away from me. You need to do your research and stop posting crap.
Like I said, I'm thru arguing with you on this point. You take Mitchell. Good. Now we have something to talk about this time next year. However, apparently your reading comprehension is on the 3rd grade level. When I write "most picks in the 20s are worthless" they key is MOST. Notice the word doesn't mean EVERY. So, of course, if you look back at every draft and identify 1 or 2 players who made some impact... Well, golly... that leaves 80-90% who are nothing more then role players (at best). MOST would infer 8o-90%; at least, in the English class I attended. Mitchell, BTW, didn't like the new coach... so he QUIT on his team. And this is the guy you would draft solely b/c somebody told you he is athletic. I bet you never saw a game this guy played in. I live in Dallas, and I certainly haven't heard much about him and he goes to school down the road from me. And you rag on Grunny for taking a guy who helped his team get into the finals this year? So, to clarify myself (b/c reading comprehension is not your thang)... ALL PICKS in the 20 range come with a certain degree of risk, particular flaws, and have warts in their game. Knicks took a guy with a proven translatable skill (shooting), who has a pedigree; while your choice was a dog who can run and jump, and so hopefully that means he'll defend and rebound (even though he struggled to dominate the Sun Belt Conf). I didn't love anybody who fell in their laps, and I would have been fine with whoever they chose (for the most part) b/c I spent ZERO time researching the small print on these available prospects. I think Hardaway was the underwhelming/low ceiling choice, but I think the logic was sound. It might have been better to swing for the fences for Ledo, Mithcell, Crabbee... But with the focus on the next 2 seasons... I think Hardaway made sense. Even if Mitchell, Franklin or Ledo turn out to be better in 5 years, and Tim is a bust... Grunny didn't pass on a super star.

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Metro is going about this the 100% correct way.

How are we to know if this guy is NBA talent when he hasnt played a single minute? Why would Metro agree that he's going to be good when no one knows for sure.

It's a lot better to be wrong and have the player be good, then to defend the player and have them turn out to be trash.

Regardless of statistics and feelings, Metro is right.