Knicks want Monta Ellis

New New York

Quiet Storm
Define "interested", I am interested in a 2014 Porche

"Going after" is a whole other story; I "am going after" car results in me getting laughed off the lot!

LeFlume

All Star
Please say it ain't so. I know the dude can ball, but knicka pls...Melo and Monta on the same team = Epic Fail.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I dont see how this makes the Knicks and Melo any better by getting JR Sniff 2.0 with a bigger ballhog syndrome.

Kiyaman

Legend
An absolutely useless and dumb@$$ move, classic Knick move.
This move makes us 3 seasons behind (LATE) .. we were suppose to get SG-Monta Ellis in the trade for David Lee in 2010 offseason, to start building a winning team with 3 new starters in 2010-11 season with .. PG-Felton, SG-Ellis, and PF-Amare. We had to make our 2010 2nd-round draft pick our starting SG throughout the 2010-11 season (Landry Fields) .. which made our 2010-Plan turned out to be a 2 season JOKE of JOKES!!! Melo & Iverson vs Melo & Ellis = 1st round playoff team.I rather have Amare & Iverson without Melo .. or Amare & Ellis without Melo = 2nd round playoff team.

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont see how this makes the Knicks and Melo any better by getting JR Sniff 2.0 with a bigger ballhog syndrome.
JR has always been a inconsistent scorer, while Ellis has been consistent scorer. However, both are ball-hoggers with little to no-defense

Oldtimer

Rotation player
I am interested in a new Porsche as well, but I cannot afford it and the Knicks cannot afford Ellis. And that is fine with me.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Not saying Ellis is who we need, but he's not the same player as J.R. He's a much more willing passer and played PG well when Curry was out a lot in the 2011-2012 season.

moneyg

Starter
Not saying Ellis is who we need, but he's not the same player as J.R. He's a much more willing passer and played PG well when Curry was out a lot in the 2011-2012 season.

Agreed!!! better than JR.. can spell the PG spot for 8-10 min a game if needed.. JR is a step above artest mentally.. knucklehead status.. JR needs contant discipline to stay in it mentally. not sure he can be trusted...if the rumors are true... id welcome a JR for ellis sign and trade in a NY minute....

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Ummm i might not know about about Ellis personally, but i had this dude in my fantasy league team and his stats were off the chain. 30 to 40 points per game multiple times, multiple steals, the guy might not shoot the best but to me he is way way better than JR...

Rob Low

Rotation player
I'd give it 3 months before you guys are exploring trade options for him if we signed him. How about targeting good character players for once? Is that so much to ask for?

Paul1355

All Star
I'd give it 3 months before you guys are exploring trade options for him if we signed him. How about targeting good character players for once? Is that so much to ask for?
Bucks want JR so this is realistic IF we can do sign and trade

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
well we did play a lot of two point guard rotations, so if keeping with that theme it could work...

Felton racks up the fouls quickly, if we don't land Brooks or Prigioni goes back to Spain it might be the only available option...

S&T J.R. & S&T Ellis + trade exception of $1 M, could offer him $6.5 M max for first season roughly a 3 yr $21 M deal, he would be leaving around $9 M to play for a contender over 3 years on the table...

The Bucks are reportedly interested in J.R.'s services and if the Knicks feel they would be better off with Ellis, this could be the end game...