Knicks want Monta Ellis

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn! Keven Martin's 28M contract with Minny wouldve been a great signing to add to our guard roster .. Felton, Shump, Pablo, Hardaway, and Keven Martin.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I seem to be the only one here that actually likes this idea. Never cared much for JR. His shot selection makes Jamal Crawford look like Larry Bird. We can't afford to give him more than 5 mill a year (I think) so let him go.

I'll go a step further. I'd trade Chandler for Ellis!
Sound crazy? Nah, Chandler is declining and he's way overpaid. Got to ship him out while he still has value. Plus no one really has traditional centers anymore. Just get a 6'9 forward to play the position.

hmm... S&T Ellis plus Drew Gooden for S&T J.R. plus Chandler works for me...

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I seem to be the only one here that actually likes this idea. Never cared much for JR. His shot selection makes Jamal Crawford look like Larry Bird. We can't afford to give him more than 5 mill a year (I think) so let him go.

I'll go a step further. I'd trade Chandler for Ellis!
Sound crazy? Nah, Chandler is declining and he's way overpaid. Got to ship him out while he still has value. Plus no one really has traditional centers anymore. Just get a 6'9 forward to play the position.

You're definitely not the only one who likes Ellis in a Knicks jersey. I wanted the Knicks to originally get him when GSW drafted Klay and all but let it be known that Monta was eventually moving on.

I just think there are other teams who have a better chance at convincing him to sign. Like Gmf said, it's realistic that Monta ends up following Dwight, or I could see the Thunder replacing Kevin Martin with him.

steve09ru

Rookie
Ellis shot 41%....that is not a good 2nd scoring option

I wouldn't put too much weight on shooting percentage for someone that is the only scoring option on their team. Oh, and he's a career 45.6% shooter (same exact as Melo). And the option for wanting him is to replace JR, not along with JR. He's a much better option than JR in that he can score, pass, play d and is much more efficient and better with his shot selection and decision making.

Paul1355

All Star
Looks like Ellis will never come here with JR just signing a 4 year deal. Ellis can be utilized somewhere else. I can see the Kings throwing money at him since they were willing to give Andre Iguadola 14 mil a year lol