Marcus Camby reacts to trade

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Here's a statement from Marcus Camby (via agent Rick Kaplan to ESPNNewYork.com) regarding the pending trade of Camby and Steve Novak to Toronto for Andrea Bargnani:

"It's unfortunate that I wasn't given a meaningful opportunity to contribute last season in New York. I was really looking forward to the upcoming year as a chance to show the organization what they missed out on last year, and pushing our team towards the Finals.

"I have nothing but positive things to say about the city of Toronto and its great fans, having been drafted by the Raptors 17 years ago. Given that my goal at this point in my career is to have a shot at a championship, however, I'll have to evaluate my options going forward. I've enjoyed a great career, and under the right circumstances I hope to continue making an impact in the league."

Camby, 39, played just 24 games in 2012-13, averaging 10.4 minutes.

Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Alright, it's a well known fact there something going on between him and Woody which eventually turned Camby to be yet another DNP. But to claim that he wasn't given a meaningful opportunity to contribute? Every single time Camby stepped on the floor I had a strange feeling he'll get himself injured. At this point I find Amare's knees more trustworthy than Camby's overall performance.

metrocard

Legend
Camby is my favorite big man in the NBA ever since I become a fan of the NBA in 97-98.
His career has been unfortunate and he could of been a hall of famer if it wasn't for those injuries.
He should of finished his career under the Knicks, no other team...sadly NBA is a business.

I do feel like he wasn't given a fair chance, like the chances he was given in Denver, Houston and Portland where he did get hurt but always came back.

The thing about Camby you have to respect is,

he never gives up. Ever. This guy is 39 but still wants to play ball.