Knicks interested in Elton Brand

tiger0330

Legend
Brand is over the hill, he's not helping anybody. Maybe it was just the playoffs but I really like Cisco but he made 6M this year so you would think he would find it tough to sign for our 3.1M exception.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
so we just got rid of Camby to then sign Brand who will do what Camby did last year and ride the bench... hmm!!!

LeFlume

All Star
I know we need to win now but I don't think EB is the answer. It's 8 yeears too late. EB is "has been", his time is over...

New New York

Quiet Storm
Some of you are funny...of course he's not in his prime or we'd have not shot at him...it's a safe move

Still I'd rather Kmart

Seba

Benchwarmer
No doubt I preffer Kenyon Marting. I hope this doesn't mean he will be on the move.

Just ask the Clippers how much they regretted not re-signing Martin.

petescud

Starter
Maybe its just talk....i hope so. Being a NYer who moved to Florida we all liked the local kid from the Peekskill area....But, he's not 1/2 the player he was...please pass Grunwald

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I hope this interest in E.B. is b/c they don't have a shot in re-signing K-Mart... Is K-Mart interested in signing with the Nets???

If we trade Chandler then maybe bring him in as an extra body at Vet min. ...

metrocard

Legend
Martin per 36 (18 games)
10.8 ppg
7.9 rpg
1.3 spg
1.4 bpg
5.3 foul per game

Eltron Brand per 36 (72 games)
12.2 ppg
10.1 rpg
1.2 spg
2.1 bpg
4.5 fouls per game

Brand is just as good as Martin, anyone who discredits Brand doesn't really know anything about Brand's game.
He's a top 5 post defender in the NBA, even better than Martin.

Why can't we have both? Brand is a good replacement for Camby, he can play PF/C

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
So our starters are locked in and then we platoon game for game with our bench depth???

PF -- Anthony/Bargnani-Stoudemire
-C -- Chandler/Martin-Brand

This is sickening, we won't last an entire season with those 6 as our front court...

It's not if Brand is good or equal to Martin, durability is the major concern... Chandler was ill, then hurt, Stoudemire is always hurt, and Bargnani has never recovered... So basically we will have a rotation of Anthony plus two in Martin and Brand playing the 5 spot... Which is not a big deal as they probably could hold it down... Copeland if he returns among rookie Leslie could play the 4 to spell Anthony, but this is grasping at straws...

Yes right now we don't have the assets to improve the roster, but we do have a couple of moves that can give us some more stability then what they are doing at the moment...

Paul1355

All Star
Martin per 36 (18 games)
10.8 ppg
7.9 rpg
1.3 spg
1.4 bpg
5.3 foul per game

Eltron Brand per 36 (72 games)
12.2 ppg
10.1 rpg
1.2 spg
2.1 bpg
4.5 fouls per game

Brand is just as good as Martin, anyone who discredits Brand doesn't really know anything about Brand's game.
He's a top 5 post defender in the NBA, even better than Martin.

Why can't we have both? Brand is a good replacement for Camby, he can play PF/C
unless another trade is coming that would give us a clogged front court

PF: Bargnani, Amare, Brand

C: Chandler, Martin

Someone is getting a low amount of minutes and odds are its Martin.

This might also mean Cope is gone.

smokes

Huge Member
If we could get Brand and keep Martin that would be great. Amare won't play so you can call it:

PF Bargs Martin

C Tyson Brand

Cope will do great backing up Melo at the 3 to keep that scoring punch available.

I'd still love to see us trade Bargs for Lee. Why settle for another 2 years of mediocrity to have a shot at someone in 2015? We have the potential to build a great team this year.

Paul1355

All Star
If we could get Brand and keep Martin that would be great. Amare won't play so you can call it:

PF Bargs Martin

C Tyson Brand

Cope will do great backing up Melo at the 3 to keep that scoring punch available.

I'd still love to see us trade Bargs for Lee. Why settle for another 2 years of mediocrity to have a shot at someone in 2015? We have the potential to build a great team this year.
you would be a good GM....just bench Amare who is getting paid 20 mil a year....yea no headline story there