Amare may have 20-min limit, no back-to-backs

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have discussed limiting Amare Stoudemire to 20 minutes per game next season, and they may prohibit him from playing in back-to-back games...

According to Amare's agent, "The doctors are still talking about [restrictions]... But he's not going to play a ton of minutes." New York can afford to be more cautious with their oft-injured PF now that they've traded for Andrea Bargnani, though 'afford' is a cruel word since they'll be paying Amare $21.7 million next season...

New York Post

So we can be more cautious with our oft-injured PF, with another oft-injured PF -- hmm hope it works out, otherwise it will blow up in our faces... <<<< don't see this ending well...

Thoughts???

Scipio

Benchwarmer
As much as I like Amare as a player and a man his contract is one of the worst ever. If it`s true that he can only manage 20 minutes and not play in back to backs then what are we getting for our $100m? . . . Not much.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
As much as I like Amare as a player and a man his contract is one of the worst ever. If it`s true that he can only manage 20 minutes and not play in back to backs then what are we getting for our $100m? . . . Not much.

As Knicks fans we know a thing or two about bad contracts.. Amares contract is bad, yes, but thats only because of his inability to stay healthy.. If he can manage to stay healthy and play 75% to the level he played his first year here than its almost worth it.. He is the main reason the KNicks are where they are today.. Ill take a bad contract 10 times out of 10 if that bad contract brings respectability and a winning culture back to the franchise

metrocard

Legend
worst contract ever.

Jerome James says hi
jerome_2bjames.jpg

Eddy Curry is still king.

eddy-curry.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are back with their medical-staff foolishness from back in the daze to now .. C-Webster, PF-Truck Robinson, PF-Larry Johnson, PF-McDyess, SG-Allan Houston, and now Amare. These were the Knicks players with contracts over $75M that played about 20 games in a 3 year span for the Knicks.
The Knicks cheap salary players like the recent Eddie Curry, Jerome James, and Jared Jefferies are ants compared to all the cheap players the Knicks medical-staff put on the DNP injury-list back in the 1960's to 80's to end players NBA career.
We all watch HC Dantoni DNP a healthy Marbury for the entire season at $21M per in the 2008-9 season ..
Marbury been playing in China the last 5 years...

Kiyaman

Legend
There's 7 things I learned from watching Amare performance in Phoenix having Marbury, then Nash leading the point, with Matrix-Marion, then Grant Hill leading the frontcourt bigmen .....

1) Amare will not be effective on the court receiving 20 minutes per game.
2) Amare will give u star-stats when receiving 9 straight minutes per quarter in 3 to 4 quarters per game.
3) Amare will GELL well with 6 then 8 teammates throughout the 82 games.
4) Amare's not the player u keep substituting in and out of different types of lineups throughout the season.
5) Amare is a Starter & Finisher .. he does not know how to play a 7th-man role.
6) Amare plays well at 2 position with the same PG in both lineups.
7) Matrix-Marion and Grant Hill's high B.Ball IQ as forwards are the oposite of forward ISO-Melo.

u can agree or disagree

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
In an ideal situation, Amare comes back strong and can consistently put up 18pts 7 boards per game, but the Knicks have to be realistic and prepare for an ineffective Amare. I obviously don't know what the team doctor's know, but I'd like to think that we can come to a point where Amare can play for 30-35 minutes per game.

DrB

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have discussed limiting Amare Stoudemire to 20 minutes per game next season, and they may prohibit him from playing in back-to-back games...

According to Amare's agent, "The doctors are still talking about [restrictions]... But he's not going to play a ton of minutes." New York can afford to be more cautious with their oft-injured PF now that they've traded for Andrea Bargnani, though 'afford' is a cruel word since they'll be paying Amare $21.7 million next season...

New York Post

So we can be more cautious with our oft-injured PF, with another oft-injured PF -- hmm hope it works out, otherwise it will blow up in our faces... <<<< don't see this ending well...

Thoughts???
Amare is as finished as AROD. And New York fans hate both of those limiting contracts but we need a bench. Yes it hurts terribly to have a 20 million dollar sub but it is what it is. As a result I see us a 5th seed next year after the HEAT, the PACERS, the NETS and the BULLS. With Danny Granger back and Derrick Rose healthy those teams needed to do nothing to pass the KNICKS. we need a MEGA trade...and everyone except Melo can go. I would rather see MELO shoot with three men on him than JEFFRIES....

DrB

Benchwarmer
The 20 million dolaar SUB....Amare

There's 7 things I learned from watching Amare performance in Phoenix having Marbury, then Nash leading the point, with Matrix-Marion, then Grant Hill leading the frontcourt bigmen .....

1) Amare will not be effective on the court receiving 20 minutes per game.
2) Amare will give u star-stats when receiving 9 straight minutes per quarter in 3 to 4 quarters per game.
3) Amare will GELL well with 6 then 8 teammates throughout the 82 games.
4) Amare's not the player u keep substituting in and out of different types of lineups throughout the season.
5) Amare is a Starter & Finisher .. he does not know how to play a 7th-man role.
6) Amare plays well at 2 position with the same PG in both lineups.
7) Matrix-Marion and Grant Hill's high B.Ball IQ as forwards are the oposite of forward ISO-Melo.

u can agree or disagree
I won't relate to each point but at 30 to 33 min AMARE can be an offensive star. No one can be productive in 20 min of role playing...as in "Amare puts the ball on the floor and the ball is stolen. Amare goes into his back to the basket post up crap and misses two open players as he is double teamed.". We are asking Amare to not be Amare any more but the AMARE from his Phoenix days are over.

Kiyaman

Legend
In an ideal situation, Amare comes back strong and can consistently put up 18pts 7 boards per game, but the Knicks have to be realistic and prepare for an ineffective Amare. I obviously don't know what the team doctor's know, but I'd like to think that we can come to a point where Amare can play for 30-35 minutes per game.

Here's some history of Amare ......

A injury-prone Amare happens during 2nd season with teammate Marbury
A season-injured Amare happen when Kurt Thomas & Diaw was added to the roster.
A season injured Amare happen when Shaq was added to the roster.
A injury-prone Amare happen when ISO-Melo was added to the roster.

Restructure his contract if he still plays hurt. I'll probably turn into one of the biggest Stat haters if he's playing little min's while hindering the salery cap because of lingering injuries. Altough I've been one of the few people thinking he's way overpayed... I was still in his corner since he got here. But it's only so much a fan will take before realizing he/she isn't getting their monies worth.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Here's some history of Amare ......

A injury-prone Amare happens during 2nd season with teammate Marbury
A season-injured Amare happen when Kurt Thomas & Diaw was added to the roster.
A season injured Amare happen when Shaq was added to the roster.
A injury-prone Amare happen when ISO-Melo was added to the roster.

This actually means nothing. It's just when he was injured. There's no pattern out nothing. Wasted post

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
This is horrible. No back to backs? 20 mil a year to play 20 mins per game. Awesome. On the bright side this can give Bargs more minutes and the possible start to showcase if he still has that star in him. Also Bargs will work on the floor a lot better Melo than Amare. Spacing and also spreading the floor. Let Amare come off the bench with JR.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Aw c'mon guys its only a million a minute what's wrong with that:(. Hated the trade when it happened I was I'm the keep David lee for less camp(check if you don't believe) now the worse has happened. 20 mil to come off the bench um um um and people around here a critical of Melo making less and trying to carry us thru the playoffs with a torn labrum unfreakin believable

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Best case scenario Stoudemire retires after 2013 season... Most likely, Knicks could buy-out his final year for at least 60% of the total... Worse case scenario, Stat returns for 2014 season, Anthony Opts Out of his ETO leaves team b/c team won't have money to spend to sign additional players...

Players under contract for 2014:

Raymond Felton
Iman Shumpert (Contract Year)
J.R. Smith
Tyson Chandler (Contract Year)
Andrea Bargnani (Contract Year)
Amare Stoudemire (Contract Year)
Tim Hardaway Jr.
C.J. Leslie
Pablo Prigioni (Contract Year)

ETO
Carmelo Anthony

Maybe have $4 Million in cap space -- this would be the joke of New York...

Trade entire team for a player who eventually bails on team b/c of poor signings...

Can Knicks trade those (Contract Year) players (except for Shumpert), to improve this team; I think not...

So as this off season seems to be bad, next year it could be catastrophic...