Amare may have 20-min limit, no back-to-backs

DrB

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have discussed limiting Amare Stoudemire to 20 minutes per game next season, and they may prohibit him from playing in back-to-back games...

According to Amare's agent, "The doctors are still talking about [restrictions]... But he's not going to play a ton of minutes." New York can afford to be more cautious with their oft-injured PF now that they've traded for Andrea Bargnani, though 'afford' is a cruel word since they'll be paying Amare $21.7 million next season...

New York Post

So we can be more cautious with our oft-injured PF, with another oft-injured PF -- hmm hope it works out, otherwise it will blow up in our faces... <<<< don't see this ending well...

Thoughts???
If Kobe won't take less in his next contract for LA to get a superstar now that Howards gone AMARE won't take a dime less and his contract and his is the KILLER CONTRACT and the reason MELO will leave NY for LA or somewhere at the end of his contract. The Knicks are getting worse IMHO not better....I am not looking forward to seeing both Bargnani and Amare injured and CJ Leslie starting...lol.

I think it's a bit silly to identify restrictions on your own player. If i was the coach on another team, I'd play hard and focus on that position and wait for the mismatch to happen when Amare gets pulled out.

Kiyaman

Legend
This actually means nothing. It's just when he was injured. There's no pattern out nothing. Wasted post

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

The only Knicks player u actually seen get injured on the court since the arrival of Melo were Iman Shumpert.

If u didnt get the MEMO in our first postseason game with Melo in 2010-11 postseason, when PG-Billups would not let the Boston Celtics take the lead after the first quarter of the game, Billups build a 12 point lead by halftime, by making Amare the first option on offense, Amare had 28 pts, 11 rb, 2 blk, 2 ast, 1 stl, on 12-18 shooting. While Melo were crying and yelling for the ball all game long on every offensive possession shooting 5-18 for 15 pts.
Dantoni called a meaningless time-out in the 4th quarter for Melo to get the ball, but Billups still didnt pass to Melo, so with 5 minutes left in the game with a 8 point lead over Boston, Dantoni pulled Amare out of the game saying Amare was hobbling. With 2 minutes left in the game with our lead decrease to a 4 point lead, Billups called a time-out saying he was too injured to playout the final 2 minutes of the game .. giving the final 2 minutes to Melo.
PG-Toney Douglas denied Melo the ball to hit a 3 pointer to keep us in the game, but Boston went on a 8 seconds or less shooting spree with their Big-3 the final 2 minutes of the game with Ray Allen hitting two 3-balls (1 off a steal from Melo), while we let Melo take all 4 shots the rest of the game to lose to Boston 87-85.

That MEMO explain the 2011-12, and the 2012-13 season with Melo being our first option in EVERY game ....
We need that strong leadership PG that our roster trust to go all out for each game .. Billups / Lin / Kidd
When u have a BALL-HOGGER like ISO-Melo taking all the shots throughout a 82 game season...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The only Knicks player u actually seen get injured on the court since the arrival of Melo were Iman Shumpert.

If u didnt get the MEMO in our first postseason game with Melo in 2010-11 postseason, when PG-Billups would not let the Boston Celtics take the lead after the first quarter of the game, Billups build a 12 point lead by halftime, by making Amare the first option on offense, Amare had 28 pts, 11 rb, 2 blk, 2 ast, 1 stl, on 12-18 shooting. While Melo were crying and yelling for the ball all game long on every offensive possession shooting 5-18 for 15 pts.
Dantoni called a meaningless time-out in the 4th quarter for Melo to get the ball, but Billups still didnt pass to Melo, so with 5 minutes left in the game with a 8 point lead over Boston, Dantoni pulled Amare out of the game saying Amare was hobbling. With 2 minutes left in the game with our lead decrease to a 4 point lead, Billups called a time-out saying he was too injured to playout the final 2 minutes of the game .. giving the final 2 minutes to Melo.
PG-Toney Douglas denied Melo the ball to hit a 3 pointer to keep us in the game, but Boston went on a 8 seconds or less shooting spree with their Big-3 the final 2 minutes of the game with Ray Allen hitting two 3-balls (1 off a steal from Melo), while we let Melo take all 4 shots the rest of the game to lose to Boston 87-85.

That MEMO explain the 2011-12, and the 2012-13 season with Melo being our first option in EVERY game ....
We need that strong leadership PG that our roster trust to go all out for each game .. Billups / Lin / Kidd
When u have a BALL-HOGGER like ISO-Melo taking all the shots throughout a 82 game season...

What did a re cap of game one mean? Lin is not a leadership pg at all. And I love kidd but he didn't do Jack squat for us last year. You're to old act how you act. Anti fan

Broadway

All Star
Restructure his contract if he still plays hurt. I'll probably turn into one of the biggest Stat haters if he's playing little min's while hindering the salery cap because of lingering injuries. Altough I've been one of the few people thinking he's way overpayed... I was still in his corner since he got here. But it's only so much a fan will take before realizing he/she isn't getting their monies worth.

19.2min/gm=RETURN TO ALL-STAR STATUS!

Teams haven't caught on to how we do things, but once they do look out...until then we're in the driver seat.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
This up coming season without the "Old-Heads" input in the lockerroom we will need more than a 20 minute Amare on the court. We will need to see Amare being the first options in a few games this season, or in 1 or 2 quarters in a game. Amare's BIG-BODY could win a lot of games this season.
We have Meta to work in lineups with Amare to control the frontcourt.

Our problem will lye in our guards taking orders from ISO-Melo halfcourt chucker-offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
What did a re cap of game one mean? Lin is not a leadership pg at all. And I love kidd but he didn't do Jack squat for us last year. You're to old act how you act. Anti fan

Thats ur problem .. u speak out of turn.
Kidd knows practically every guards skills in the NBA, Kidds input game after game about certain teams helped Felton, Pablo, Shump, and JR before each game.
u act as if u are clueless of how Kidd turn from player to headcoach...

All our players trusted Lin with the ball, except Melo & JR

Broadway

All Star
This up coming season without the "Old-Heads" input in the lockerroom we will need more than a 20 minute Amare on the court. We will need to see Amare being the first options in a few games this season, or in 1 or 2 quarters in a game. Amare's BIG-BODY could win a lot of games this season.
We have Meta to work in lineups with Amare to control the frontcourt.

Our problem will lye in our guards taking orders from ISO-Melo halfcourt chucker-offense.

Amar'e is done..wake up out of your stupor. He was good for us for 4mos but after that he started fading quickly.

Hate to break it to you but we never should have given Amar'e $100mil uninsured to begin with. When Phx doctors recommend withholding funds due to health over lifetime of contract.... like E.F. Hutton....YOU D.J. Khaled.... LISTEN!

We've seen the best of Amar'e/Melo/Felton/J.R./Tyson....we won't see better from them from here on out unless they totally change their games and/or find a fountain of youth.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Kidd knows practically every guards skills in the NBA, Kidds input game after game about certain teams helped Felton, Pablo, Shump, and JR before each game.

If kidd knew every guards game and it helped us. How come every pg in the league baked him and felton.... every single one of them minus chalmers. Where was that knowledge at.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Honestly I don't care how many minutes the man plays or how much he makes, if the Knicks are winning, no one will care and only praise him for his minutes of work. Cut the trash talk, lets wait for the season and see the man at work.

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Jacque Vaughn also turned from player to coach..... kiya so answer this and don't bail out. So kidd was more valuable to us then melo. Or even just as valuable?

Kiyaman

Legend
Jacque Vaughn also turned from player to coach..... kiya so answer this and don't bail out. So kidd was more valuable to us then melo. Or even just as valuable?

Last season Jason Kidd's veteranship/respect from teammates, oponents, and refferees were more valuable to the Knicks than Melo's high scoring .. Kidd's 19 yr career never needed a high-scorer or a first option scorer to make his team a winning postseason team. In the last 30 years Kidd / Bird /and Magic leads the NBA in the most Tripple-Double games, plus the trio leads the NBA in the most improve teammates performance.

In the past 12 yrs Jason Kidd has been one of the leagues TOP-3 team-complimentary (Gellin) players in the NBA.
What makes Jason Kidd such a high valuable player (that Cuban embarrasse himself last offseason) is Kidd always find a way to get all his teammates involve on offense/defense by making sure they score.
And that was hard task to do under HC Woody Plan "Give the ball to Melo or JR".
Carmelo Anthony career has been an individual high-scorer nothing else, which made Melo a Top-5 high-scorer in the past 6 seasons. Big-Big difference.
Melo was James Dolan idea of what the Knicks needed...
Marbury was Isiah idea of what the Knicks needed...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Last season Jason Kidd's veteranship/respect from teammates, oponents, and refferees were more valuable to the Knicks than Melo's high scoring .. Kidd's 19 yr career never needed a high-scorer or a first option scorer to make his team a winning postseason team. In the last 30 years Kidd / Bird /and Magic leads the NBA in the most Tripple-Double games, plus the trio leads the NBA in the most improve teammates performance.

In the past 12 yrs Jason Kidd has been one of the leagues TOP-3 team-complimentary (Gellin) players in the NBA.
What makes Jason Kidd such a high valuable player (that Cuban embarrasse himself last offseason) is Kidd always find a way to get all his teammates involve on offense/defense by making sure they score.
And that was hard task to do under HC Woody Plan "Give the ball to Melo or JR".
Carmelo Anthony career has been an individual high-scorer nothing else, which made Melo a Top-5 high-scorer in the past 6 seasons. Big-Big difference.
Melo was James Dolan idea of what the Knicks needed...
Marbury was Isiah idea of what the Knicks needed...

Wow u just said jason kidd was more valuable then melo last year.... can we ban this idiot. I know its not gonna happen cuz he's been for forever but this dude is seriously not a knicks or ball fan.... kidd is arguably the greatest pg outside of magic. But last year he did nothing for us. You just said kidd was more valuable then an mvp candidate. What a buffoon. Maybe you have a mental or learning disability and if so.... matter of fact I'm going to assume u have a mental or learning disability. I apologize for my name calling and accept your opinions are a sickness and that you can't do anything about it.... my apologies.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow u just said jason kidd was more valuable then melo last year.... can we ban this idiot. I know its not gonna happen cuz he's been for forever but this dude is seriously not a knicks or ball fan.... kidd is arguably the greatest pg outside of magic. But last year he did nothing for us. You just said kidd was more valuable then an mvp candidate. What a buffoon. Maybe you have a mental or learning disability and if so.... matter of fact I'm going to assume u have a mental or learning disability. I apologize for my name calling and accept your opinions are a sickness and that you can't do anything about it.... my apologies.

ha ha ha u real funny .. u actually forgot about our 2011-12 season, if it wasnt for LinSanity we were headed for destruction. We had a 8-15 record before we pulled LinSanity from the D.League.
Amare missed 7 games for death in the fam, and ISO-Melo missed 9 games with a so-call groin pull.
What would our 8-15 record look like after 7 games of No-Amare, No ISO-Melo, and No-LinSanity???
How about a 10-20 record. We wouldnt have won 36 games out of 66 to make the playoff without LinSanity.

How many games did Felton miss with a fractured pinky finger, and Kidd averaged 38 minutes per game keeping us playing at a .500 rate???

The only idiot that thought Melo was a MVP candidate was u. Westbrook had more votes than Melo for MVP...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
ha ha ha u real funny .. u actually forgot about our 2011-12 season, if it wasnt for LinSanity we were headed for destruction. We had a 8-15 record before we pulled LinSanity from the D.League.
Amare missed 7 games for death in the fam, and ISO-Melo missed 9 games with a so-call groin pull.
What would our 8-15 record look like after 7 games of No-Amare, No ISO-Melo, and No-LinSanity???
How about a 10-20 record. We wouldnt have won 36 games out of 66 to make the playoff without LinSanity.

How many games did Felton miss with a fractured pinky finger, and Kidd averaged 38 minutes per game keeping us playing at a .500 rate???

The only idiot that thought Melo was a MVP candidate was u. Westbrook had more votes than Melo for MVP...

Haha 500. We won 54 games last year so with kidd in we were playing below our expectations.... melo won us 54 and kidd kept us at 500 haha you're really slow... its not your fault

Kiyaman

Legend
Haha 500. We won 54 games last year so with kidd in we were playing below our expectations.... melo won us 54 and kidd kept us at 500 haha you're really slow... its not your fault

I wonder what MVP teammate u chose on the Denver Nuggets for winning 57 games lastseason? ha ha ha

yeah, we all know now .. u need to take another psycho test again ....
It is obvious u dont understand, or have a clue of the 4 great coaches the Brooklyn Nets added in Kidd, Terry, Pierce, and KG, to make Lopez, Blanche, Evans, AK47, JJ, Deron, and Taylor perform like a ALL-STAR team throughout a 82 game season.

Melo played 67 games compared to Kidds 76 games, plus Kidd all-around performance (ast, reb, stl, and communication) avg more minutes in the 4th qtr. than Melo.

Our 54 wins came from Kidd's leadership in the 4th quarter, plus our last 16 wins of the season came from Kidd & Martin's leadership in the 4th quarter. Or did u forget it was Kenyon Martin who forced JR smith to take the ball inside to score the final 20 games...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I wonder what MVP teammate u chose on the Denver Nuggets for winning 57 games lastseason? ha ha ha

yeah, we all know now .. u need to take another psycho test again ....
It is obvious u dont understand, or have a clue of the 4 great coaches the Brooklyn Nets added in Kidd, Terry, Pierce, and KG, to make Lopez, Blanche, Evans, AK47, JJ, Deron, and Taylor perform like a ALL-STAR team throughout a 82 game season.

Melo played 67 games compared to Kidds 76 games, plus Kidd all-around performance (ast, reb, stl, and communication) avg more minutes in the 4th qtr. than Melo.

Our 54 wins came from Kidd's leadership in the 4th quarter, plus our last 16 wins of the season came from Kidd & Martin's leadership in the 4th quarter. Or did u forget it was Kenyon Martin who forced JR smith to take the ball inside to score the final 20 games...

You're really a dumb ass. I'm positive 90 percent of this forum would side with me... the fact that you're really trying to dispute melos value lower then kidds last year shows you're completely delusional and can't separate your agenda driven points from reality.... when melo carried us in the playoffs or that mean winning streak. Did u cheer him on or did u cheer kidd? Who couldn't throw a rock in an ocean while standing in a boat. What about game 6 against the pacers did u cheer melo on? I mean he was the only valiant knick that game. Shump did his thing but those moments that make u cheer as we fought were mainly melos so did u cheer? No? I figured that. And thats y ur an antifan

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Kiya those head coaches you claim the nets have acquired were ousted by melo in the playoffs this year. Haha... not kidd

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya those head coaches you claim the nets have acquired were ousted by melo in the playoffs this year. Haha... not kidd

u dont remember what happen the 2 games after JR elbowed Terry in the Boston series ..
Its ashame u dont remember Shump, Felton, and Cope taking control of game 6 in the 4th qtr. in Indiana while Melo was sitting on the bench. Lance Stephenson ate JR.smith up alive for 25 points on 9-13 fg shooting (the icing on the cake not to resign JR).

Boston roster and Bucks roster were not suppose to be in the postseason games, which mean both teams were suppose to be SWEPT in the first round .. not 1-4, and definately not 2-4.
KnicksNOSense93 .. get ur value of NBA B.ball right .. ur a proffessional idiot
if anyone tell u differ they are lieing 2 u
Carmelo Anthony was James Dolan's idea of what the Knicks needed.
James Dolan IQ of a winning NBA basket-ball team is a 23 win season...

Kiyaman

Legend
You're really a dumb ass. I'm positive 90 percent of this forum would side with me... the fact that you're really trying to dispute melos value lower then kidds last year shows you're completely delusional and can't separate your agenda driven points from reality.... when melo carried us in the playoffs or that mean winning streak. Did u cheer him on or did u cheer kidd? Who couldn't throw a rock in an ocean while standing in a boat. What about game 6 against the pacers did u cheer melo on? I mean he was the only valiant knick that game. Shump did his thing but those moments that make u cheer as we fought were mainly melos so did u cheer? No? I figured that. And thats y ur an antifan

90% of the forum is not in a pyscho-award with Melo pic all over the place (like u).

Did the Denver Nuggets get better without Melo?
Have Denver Nuggets been winning more games without Max-money Melo?
Have the Denver Nuggets been playing a more exciting system without Melo?
Have the Denver Nuggets Fan Base increase without Melo?
If u answer YES to all the above questions than u r absolutely right...