Jr Smith resigns with the New York Knicks........oh boy

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
IBN SPORTS ‏@IBNINCARCERATED 1m Seems the #Knicks provided JR Smith with that Josh Hamilton ... #Sniff is coming back!!! Welcome back to NY JR

IBN SPORTS
‏@IBNINCARCERATED
now **BREAKING NBA NEWS** Knicks #6thMan @TheRealJRSmith has agreed to come back #Coke prices just went up http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=760 … #JR #Smith

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 7m Free agent guard J.R. Smith is nearing an agreement to re-sign with the New York Knicks, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
Knicks, Smith are still finalizing years and options in deal, league sources tells Y!

Not a fan of this move, not a fan at all.

metrocard

Legend
I get home from work and I come log on to read this crap.

Ugh.

JR Smith better come with the right attitude this season.

This dude clowns around too much and doesn't show up when we need him.

Making game winning shots against lottery teams isn't what we need.

tiger0330

Legend
I guess Kiyaman and the rest of you guys were right. There were no better offers out there for JR.

Wonder if he'll opt for the early bird rights deal or sign a 1 year deal to get a bigger payday when the Knicks have his bird rights.

New New York

Quiet Storm
If the terms are right then I'm cool

as long as there is a team option for the 3rd year I'm cool

we can't get into a situation where we have an immovable player on a long term deal

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I'm actually excited to have him back. Legit scorers are hard to come by in the NBA especially off the bench for that matter. Yes he faltered in the playoffs but so did everyone not named melo( most of the playoffs ), shumpert ( the future ), martin and felton ( yes you read it right ). Everyone else played like ass. As a unit we didn't play at our normal capacity. We have things to improve on and everyone should be accountable JR needs to come back driven and ready to work. Get some of shumperts ethic and heart hopefully

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

New New York

Quiet Storm
Felton/?/?
Shumpert/JR/Hardaway
Melo/??
STAT/Bargnani/??
Chandler/??/??

1st round exit.

Well if we don't sign anymore players and head to camp with just the 7 players you listed then we'll get knocked out early

but I'm sure we'll have more than 7 players on our team next year so the jury is still out!

Why are Knick fans either swearing we are gonna win a title or we suck?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Well if we don't sign anymore players and head to camp with just the 7 players you listed then we'll get knocked out early

but I'm sure we'll have more than 7 players on our team next year so the jury is still out!

Why are Knick fans either swearing we are gonna win a title or we suck?

We've got no $$$, whoever we pick up for vet min isnt going to save us.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm actually excited to have him back. Legit scorers are hard to come by in the NBA especially off the bench for that matter. Yes he faltered in the playoffs but so did everyone not named melo( most of the playoffs ), shumpert ( the future ), martin and felton ( yes you read it right ). Everyone else played like ass. As a unit we didn't play at our normal capacity. We have things to improve on and everyone should be accountable JR needs to come back driven and ready to work. Get some of shumperts ethic and heart hopefully

Going clubbing in the playoffs was a no-no, bonehead move by him because the first thing people think if you have a sub-par performance is you weren't drinking coca-cola all night.

Just yesterday the Knicks were thinking the market was going to be too rich to sign him after KMart's and Redick's deals, Chase Budinger got a 16M/3yr deal and only played 24 games so I think you have to be happy with getting a 19ppg scorer for what we're paying him.

skisloper

Starter
Going clubbing in the playoffs was a no-no, bonehead move by him because the first thing people think if you have a sub-par performance is you weren't drinking coca-cola all night.

Just yesterday the Knicks were thinking the market was going to be too rich to sign him after KMart's and Redick's deals, Chase Budinger got a 16M/3yr deal and only played 24 games so I think you have to be happy with getting a 19ppg scorer for what we're paying him.

we are getting because like last year nobody else wants him. No other offers came in because jr is not a winner. Now we have 4 more years of woody kissing his ass .

told u !!! No offers.
So please nobody say he stayed with ny for less money or we got a bargain. It's called market value

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
we are getting because like last year nobody else wants him. No other offers came in because jr is not a winner. Now we have 4 more years of woody kissing his ass .

told u !!! No offers.
So please nobody say he stayed with ny for less money or we got a bargain. It's called market value

While I agree, calm down lol, he hasnt signed anything yet. When Dwight signs, JR will get more offers and he will review them.

And to the 4 years of Woody kissing his ass...If Mike Woodson is our head coach for the next 4 years then stop thinking about success.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I could name 25 other NBA players that went clubbing. I'm not excusing it but its the lifestyle these players live. To place it solely on the player is warranted. However, some of it has to be on the coach as well. You gotta keep the players focused on what the big picture is and I always felt woody was hard on Jr but he was also a little lenient with other things.

petescud

Starter
I have no problem with him signing, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt....besides who else could we have gotten who's actually better then JR

skisloper

Starter
I have no problem with him signing, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt....besides who else could we have gotten who's actually better then JR

U mean who else could we get to shoot 18 times a night , dribble for 20 seconds and then play no defense ?

And to the dude who says many players club are u kidding ? It's the playoffs and he was just suspended.
Jr is a dumbass

erivera

Benchwarmer
U mean who else could we get to shoot 18 times a night , dribble for 20 seconds and then play no defense ?

And to the dude who says many players club are u kidding ? It's the playoffs and he was just suspended.
Jr is a dumbass

let's not forget when udonis haslem got suspended for retaliating against tyler hansbrough in the playoffs last year. birdman was suspended this season, and wade threw an elbow at lance stephenson that should've got him suspended, but the heat still won an nba title. don't bring up the suspensions. also clubbing is a part of the players lifestyles. a majority of players party. the only reason it was brought up is because jr didn't play well during the playoffs. i'm pretty sure he was clubbing during the 13 game win streak late in the season.

the key to jr coming back is shumperts development. the better shumpert plays the less the team will have to rely on jr smith.

petescud

Starter
His suspension is what i gave him the benefit of the doubt. He need to grow up no doubt. The old saying is you know what you got though. Unless we could had gotten someone like Mayo which we couldn't. At least JR is tradeable. Something most of our guys aren't

metrocard

Legend
I could name 25 other NBA players that went clubbing. I'm not excusing it but its the lifestyle these players live. To place it solely on the player is warranted. However, some of it has to be on the coach as well. You gotta keep the players focused on what the big picture is and I always felt woody was hard on Jr but he was also a little lenient with other things.

Sadly there are NBA clubbers who are irresponsible. LeBron and Wade aren't one of them.

Smith has been reported on numerous accounts for drinking, getting high and using other drugs.

Plus, he always fooling around with some female (Tahiry, Rhianna, etc)

He's not a serious professional. He got skills and talent, but it's hard to say if he's really focus on taking his game to the next level and helping this team win a championship.