“The reality is James (Harden) and Dwight (Howard) want to play with Jeremy and Omer,” Morey said. “I’ve been kicked down to assistant GM. They’re going to be here.” 7/13/2013
It is amazing to me that all the time I encounter people feeling negative about Jeremy’s season with us. I have chalked this up to:
– he started off slow, mostly due to getting 100% back from injury
– very high, unrealistic expectations after his time in New York
– had a rough ending in the playoffs, again due to injury
– people generally remember starts & ends more than anything else
– people generally compare things to their expectations when forming opinions versus look at the big picture
Last year was Jeremy’s 1st full year in the league. Essentially his rookie year. If last season would have been his rookie year and he never would have played in New York, right now people would be appropriately talking about him incessantly as one of the top young rookie stars in the league. He was the starting point guard on a playoff team in West at age 24!!! Don’t get me started on this. Too late …
Daryl Morey - AMA REDDIT
You know it gets old when you perpetuate old rumors way past their expiration date.
PS - Josh Smith is in it for the $ ~
Just for your pleasure - Lin blocking Josh Smith.