Copeland signs a 2-year deal with Indiana

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Copeland is 28 he needed the $ cant hate him for that. Both games I was at this year he got mad love from the fans I was sure he was going to be a Knick for a long time. Hurts to see him go more then Novak that's for sure. We lost a streaky scorer/ spot up shooter, his defense usually sucked.

I dont think the Knicks are done with free agency at all. There is still abut 40-50 serviceable dudes out there.

I personally like Shaun Livingston, Corey Brewer, Ivan Johnson, Will Bynum, Speights, Blair, Hickson
I doubt we can afford most of those guys.

Some other names might be cheaper scoop...
Pachulia, Pargo, Telfair, Jermaine Oneal?, Mullens, Kaman, Foye, Ebanks, Dalembert, Beaubois, Ayon, Barnes

Idk just throwing around names...

metrocard

Legend
The fact we let Copeland leave to a rival franchise shows how weak this franchise is.

We will forever be a treadmill team.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Financially we were strapped we had no choice. Couldn't match the offer since our early bird rights enabled us to match a max of 1.7 mil offer.

We had to choose between priggy and cope and given the state of the franchise, priggs was the more pressing need.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
If we can get Delfino, losing Cope means nothing. I take Delfino over him 10 out of 10 times.

The more I watch tape and scouting videos on him, cj Leslie gets better and better. I think this guy is more than capable of filling that role. He's an athletic monster

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Sorry to inform u .. we didnt need a 40 minute Melo, his slow halfcourt ISO-Melo-offense of walking the ball is only good for 30 minutes per game.
The other 18 minutes belong to Copeland, which makes Copeland apart of a 8-Man rotation.
Amare & K-Mart are PF that perform better with Copeland at SF, and no ISO-Melo in the lineup.
Next season looks like a diasaster waiting to happen with no "Old-Heads" input before each game, and ISO-Melo forcing bigmen to sit on the bench for his 40 minutes of playingtime at the PF spot.

Copeland's raw skills will be able to mix it up well at both forward spots in Pacers bigman rotation with Hibbert/West/Hansbro/Plumlee, being another top-3 rebounding team next season.

Doesn't matter we need its what we had... you're so stupid. Old head input before the game.... u take kidd, camby and pablo off the team and give them 3 replacements they still make it to the second round... They're PROFESSIONALS! They don't need any old head input. Where was that old head input in game 6 vs indy when melo netted 39? Ok then so where did u rank cope. And this is where I always own you at because you'll once again neglect the answer because its a lose lose for u. You state the obvious truth but it will hurt you're argument ire your answer something completely preposterous and lose credibility. So where do you rank cope on our past years team. 2 through 15. I'll spare you having to say melo is first because that's a complete obvious...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Rob Low

Rotation player
The more I watch tape and scouting videos on him, cj Leslie gets better and better. I think this guy is more than capable of filling that role. He's an athletic monster

I bet he has a great season then gets a huge offer from some other team with our luck.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I wish Cope the Best ! Doesn't help that he is going to the Pacers but they put up the money which we couldn't pay him and he had to take it due to age and getting into the NBA the hard way. Just like Fields and Lin, if you got the opportunity, take it and run, loyalty comes last in the NBA, it's a business nothing personal.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I bet he has a great season then gets a huge offer from some other team with our luck.

Luckily for us the contact will run at least 2 years after which hell be a restricted FA. Which so happens to be 2015 when we'll have tons of cap, and the only guarantee resignees are melo and shump

I don't know how some of us didn't see this coming. With all the experience front court players on the team and in FA...the results were obvious. Copeland played well, but his services can be replaced. Unless we unloaded Amare... Copeland would have never seen much playing time and/or paycheck. I wouldn't want to sit on a team where the position I'll be playing is promised to a overpayed injury prone player and someone whom is known for scoring most of the teams points. I'm not suprised at all.

DrB

Benchwarmer
I don't really mind losing him but how can you go to the team that eliminated us from the playoffs? What happened to all that loyalty him and his agent were talking about?
6.1 Million vs. LOYALTY..is't a no brainer..grow up.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
On a funnier side:
here's what really happened to the Cope (via http://www.facebook.com/NewYorkKnicksMemes)
1003443_500758086663405_2016749185_n.png

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Oh i didn't see that, i follow these guys on twitter, they have accounts for tons of parody characters drawn in paint with bad spelling and stupid phrases, sometimes they work for me, like that guy @spodermenpls