Unofficial Official Knicks Summer League Thread

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Leslie is a great talent. Can play NBA minutes right away with his athleticism who I could see becoming a forward version of camby. He's long athletic and explosive if his J develops a little more hell be a starter. His game is real the moves he has is first round talent. Word had it the Knicks were gonna take him if hardaway was off the board. We got another good one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Tyler definitely deserves a camp invitation... and somebody better tell Jerome shaving his head and growing a beard doesn't make him another Chandler. Chris Smith clearly enjoys being anywhere close an NBA team. LOL.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Leslie is a great talent. Can play NBA minutes right away with his athleticism who I could see becoming a forward version of camby. He's long athletic and explosive if his J develops a little more hell be a starter. His game is real the moves he has is first round talent. Word had it the Knicks were gonna take him if hardaway was off the board. We got another good one.

Finished watching the game, i don't think he is ready. He got moves to get to the basket and finish which are really nice but his Jumper is wack right now. If i was playing D against him, i would step back like they used to do to Rondo and just let him kill his team's field goal percentage. I don't see him staying on the floor shooting like that, unless you are doing some crazy good defense and rebounding. Never know though, if the point guard pushes the tempo his skills will look really good on the open court, lets see what happens...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
That's what I'm saying. The rondo comparison is inviting. He's got a ready game just his jumper needs a lot of work to get to respectability; but as far as everything else, he's NBA ready. Very few guys are as athletic and explosive as this guy. If he can match the raw talent with consistency there's no telling how far he can go in the NBA

metrocard

Legend
Low skilled athletic tweener SF's never really amount to anything in the NBA. They normally end up being a 12th man.

The thing with CJ Leslie is that he doesn't have a high motor for an athletic guy, his athleticism goes to a waste often. This can change, but throught out his college career he's been a low motor guy.

The defense potential is there. He averaged 2 blocks per 40 and over a steal a game. He held opponents to 34% FG shooting which is very good.

If CJ can become a Shawn Marion/Kirilenko type, he'll be a steal.

If he becomes Jamario Moon, that's not bad either...especially for an undrafted rookie.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Agent: Tyler might have shot with Knicks

Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com

After three games in the NBA summer league, center Jeremy Tyler has emerged as a compelling candidate to secure one of the Knicks' four remaining roster spots.

Gabe Giordano, the agent for Tyler, who's averaging close to a double-double, told ESPNNewYork.com that he envisions a future for his client on the Knicks.

"While there have been no formal negotiations with the Knicks to this point, there is every indication that the Knicks would like to have Jeremy in training camp," Giordano said. "They have expressed interest in grooming him to become a valuable big man for their organization in the future."

Giordano is hopeful that if Tyler continues to make a "positive impression" in Las Vegas, he could finalize a contract with a team in the next week or two. Giordano believes Tyler's vast basketball experience overseas and in the NBA has prepared him for a permanent roster spot.

"Turning 22 years of age just over a month ago, yet already having several years of professional basketball experience on his resume is a huge plus for Jeremy as he competes for a Knicks roster spot," Giordano said.

So far in Las Vegas, Tyler has played well defensively, moving his feet effectively to protect the basket and talking constantly to assist his teammates. It's the kind of defense that wins over Mike Woodson.

Tyler is also relentless crashing the glass, and he finishes well around the rim to complement his fluid midrange jump shot. On offense, he needs to work on improving his court awareness and passing ability, as well as fine-tuning his true center skills, such as setting picks and rolling to the basket.

After summer league wraps up next week, Giordano said Tyler, who's from San Diego, Calif., will continue to train in Southern California. Meanwhile, Giordano will continue to discuss a deal with the Knicks or elsewhere.

"There are several other teams interested in Jeremy, but we are not at liberty to comment on the details of those interested teams at this point," he said.

On Sunday, Woodson spoke highly of the 6-foot-10 Tyler, even mentioning a potential training camp invite.

"I like him as well as a camp guy because of his body size and the fact that he's so athletic," the coach said. "You might look at him four, five years down the road and say, 'Wow, he finally figured it out.'"

So how did Tyler react to Woodson's vision for him this fall?

"Wow," he said. "I haven't heard anything. It's still early. You've got to let my agents and management group talk to [the Knicks], and hopefully it works out."

At this point, the Knicks have no real backups behind Tyson Chandler. Tyler has a great opportunity to not only make the Knicks' roster, but also be a part of the rotation.

This comes as no shock to me, since I believe this kid has major potential... Tyler reminds me of a young Kenyon Martin, more athletic and aggressive but he needs to become more consistent and he will be an unstoppable force for being only 22 yoa...

petescud

Starter
Tonight's game looks like a college team playing a High School team. They have Leslie playing PG. He has a decent handle but.... score is Heat winning 24-8

Rob Low

Rotation player
Murry and Leslie both look great out there. I'd take Murry over all these scrub PG's we've reportedly been interested in. He has great size for a PG and he's a very good defender.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Didn't see the game, but saw the score; other than Tyler anyone else play well? What's the scoop

petescud

Starter
Tyler looks like a pretty stable and decent player...Some of these other guys tonight have their moments buttt...I know they are rookiesso i won't hammer them. And honestly, i don't care for Jerome James game at all. He has no fakes, get blocked a lot. Play very little Defense. I take Earl Barron over him any day

CoolClyde

Tyler looks like a pretty stable and decent player...Some of these other guys tonight have their moments buttt...I know they are rookiesso i won't hammer them. And honestly, i don't care for Jerome James game at all. He has no fakes, get blocked a lot. Play very little Defense. I take Earl Barron over him any day

Jerome Jordan, not fat fu*ck Jerome James. I made exact same mistake.
and I agree, Earl Barron any day... Jordan seems slow, doesn't have pop in his step,
and half his shots are line drives. he sux.

Tyler had a decent game, but Knicks summer scrubs as a whole sucked enormously.
no defense at all. poor teamwork, no passing. Miami scored at will. lame game.

I had hope for Toure Murry, but the kid disappeared the last 2 games, and
is nothing special. rather have Knicks go after established guard like AJ Price.
too bad DJ Augustin signed with Toronto, that's the type of guard Knicks need.

embarrassing loss, but fu*ck it, has no bearing on actual squad.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Knicks extended a training camp invite to Jeremy Tyler. Its well deserved and the best part of it is, he's 22 so he can develop into a rotational player. And a solid one. He has upside. Yet another solid find by the Knicks