Unofficial Official Knicks Summer League Thread

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
X-rays came back negative on hardaway's wrist, so its just a bruise. Remains to be seen if he plays again in summer league

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
My new favorite player on our roster has to be toure . a little background on him, he's a converted pg ( originally a SG ) and he has real pg skills. Sees the court exceptionally well. Get good pace and is a good finisher. Could improve his shot ( as could almost all rookies). Woodson raved about him and seems like hell be in camp with the big dawgs come Oct.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

petescud

Starter
Thanks....Leslie and Jennings played great from what i'm reading. T Murry needs to cut his TO and he looks good too. TH looked good too from what i saw

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
The only players that look like they have any modicum of an NBA future is Hardaway Jr, Leslie and Tyler. And to a lesser extent, Murray, Jennings and Jordan.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Summer league notes

(as told to ESPNNNewYork.com)

Chris Smith said he plans to have individual workouts with other teams after summer league. At this point, point guard Toure' Murry is outplaying him in the D-League, and Mike Woodson said Sunday that he's considering inviting the D-Leaguer to training camp.

Henry Sims' agent, Todd Eley, said he chose the Bobcats' summer league team over the Knicks' for his client because there is a better opportunity for Sims to sign a rookie's minimum contract with Charlotte. That's because Woodson has preferred veteran frontcourt players in the past. However, Eley said the Knicks might be willing to develop a younger big this time around, and that he'd still explore an opportunity for Sims there.

Like most of us to this point believe it would be better if Knicks don't sign Chris Smith... I just can't see having siblings on the same team, especially one that is already a nuisance off the court... Don't get me wrong I believe J.R. has proven himself on the court but his immaturity is still a question yet to be determined...

I believe like most that Toure Murry should get an invite to training camp, along with Jeremy Tyler...
As I predicted Jerome Jordan is just too soft to be an NBA player as this game he was hesitant on offense while quiet as a mouse on defense, this shows that he is not ready to take the next step, an invite to training camp could still be on the table but I think from this little excerpt that the Knicks if they can will try to get Henry Sims instead of Jerome Jordan...

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Id give Matthews an invite over Jordan. Tyler, Murray and Jennings should be automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Has Matthews ever played in summer league? Haven't heard anything from em yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

metrocard

Legend

Can Murray make the Knicks roster?
I would invite Tyler to training camp just based on his rebounding prowess...He's 6"11 260lbs, give us a young scrub with size. Good 15th man.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I don't know if Murray can cut the roster, but he sure hasn't done anything wrong so far, so I would give him a shot if nothing better shows up. I would also give Tyler at the 15th man for his rebounding, we need people that are hungry that will work for that payday.

mafra

Legend
I say bring in Artest, sign Kenyon Martin. Then have 2 roster spots to round everything out. 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] PG goes to a vet (Aaron Brooks) or a younger guy (Murry). And, finally, the backup “big” goes to either Leslie or Tyler, whoever wins the job… while the loser goes to the D-League (if we can keep them) and is an asset we stash & develop.
Felton/Prigioni/Murry
Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
Artest/Bargnani/Amar’e
CARMELO/Martin/Leslie
Chandler/Tyler
This would also give us a young core of Shumpert, Hardaway, Murry, Leslie & Tyler moving forward in 2015 and beyond.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Watching the Charlotte vs Knicks summerleague game right now and Leslie is taking charge with Hardaway out with the wrist injury. I'm loving the moves, he got game