Knicks interested in Chauncey Billups

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I always hated that we lost Billups on the amnesty clause last summer so getting him back would work pretty well now that Kidd has left the building

The New York Knicks want Chauncey Billups, but due to their salary situation -- ironically, one partically caused by Billups -- they're unlikely to get him. Reason being is that Billups is not interested in playing for a minimum contract, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Billups briefly played for the Knicks following the Carmelo Anthony trade in the middle of the 2011 season. New York opted to exercise a team option for $14.2 million instead of buying him out for $3.7 million. After the NBA's lockout ended, though, the team decided to use the one-time amnesty clause on Billups to create the cap room necessary to trade for Tyson Chandler.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/9/4506098/nba-free-agency-chauncey-billups-new-york-knicks

Peejay88

Rookie
Were also interested in Patrick Ewing, Lebron, and the entire Monstars team from space jam! I saw this on Bleacher report. Seems like a pointless article. He doesn't want the Vets min. He's still gonna be butt hurt about us amnestying him.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
FWIW, I think its a real possibility that he ends up back in NY, despite ending his brief stint with us on a bad note. The real question is if he's worth the risk. Bill ups has been injury prone the last two seasons and would be a major gamble to our rotation if and when he does get injured.

Skill wise, I don't have any problem with him. Would be Kidd 2.0 for us.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I would like Billups back because he is a true Floor General PG, the only reason we had some success towards the end of the season where he and Melo were traded here was because he was able to effectively work with Melo and STAT.

Rob Low

Rotation player
FWIW, I think its a real possibility that he ends up back in NY, despite ending his brief stint with us on a bad note. The real question is if he's worth the risk. Bill ups has been injury prone the last two seasons and would be a major gamble to our rotation if and when he does get injured.

Skill wise, I don't have any problem with him. Would be Kidd 2.0 for us.

I don't think it's a big risk at all. Even if he goes down we still have Felton and Prig and his leadership can be huge for us. You can't get much better than Billups for the vet min

LeFlume

All Star
Billups never wanted to come here in the first place. He was set to retire in his hometown Denver when he became a part in the Melo trade. I'd say leave him be...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
I find it interesting that players who are signing minimum deals, e.g. Collison, do not see the Knicks as a promising destination team. Collison is not the only one. It is not the City that is unattractive.

bigapple

Starter
Then why Jason decided to be Knicks?

Why Chanlder didnt wanted to remain Dallas and ended as Knick?

Stat well Dantoni so for sure this reason

Felton was unhappy when was traded and very happy when hes back

this team had to many hopeless players in last years